• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Updatery. Within an hour or so of my posting in this thread the seller emailed me promising to send the books the next day and followed through with a USPS dc number for media mail today. They went on to say "The longer you're on the CGC Message Boards you'll see it's more of laid back selling forum and the normal time frame for a transaction is about 20 to 30 days unless other arrangements are made". This hasn't been the case with other transactions I've had here and there have been many. Having said that they seem like nice enough people and I'm hopeful this will end well.

Thanks for all the help, comments, and conversation. Even to the jack hole that chose to laugh that I sent PayPal personal payment, you are correct as it was a bad move on my part and I'll never do that again. I have personally been in the mail order business for over 15 years and would never ask anyone to do that or add money to cover the fees as the processing fees, be it PayPal or otherwise are just part of the cost of doing business. /rant

Again thanks for the comments and thanks for allowing me to be a part of this community.

you should out this complete tool of a seller

1. ships $1200 books media mail

2. insisted on paypal personal payment

3. ships in 20 to 30 days

4. general douchebaggery

+1,000,000

Where this person comes up with a 20-30 day normal time frame is beyond me. I'd love to have the sender of this PM defend this here.

:screwy: wow really thats nutty i wouldnt want to do any business with that guy ever.

I agree 100% with the sentiment but you have to master the quote function! :)

Sorry it was so dumb founded by the dweeb that made the 20 -30 day statement that i couldnt figure it out.

Yea, that is outrageous. I think this seller should be named and placed on the PL list just for the fact of telling you to use personal on such a large sum of money. And then to go 3 weeks after you paid him 1200 without replying to any of your messages is PL worthy in my opinion also. I understand the rules and "technically" he's not breaking rules yet, but when they go to this extreme to act so nonchalantly about a transaction that contains a 1200 price tag, I think there should be exceptions. the whole b.s. About this being a laid back sales forum where sales usually take 20-30 days is absolutely ridiculous. I am just dumbfounded that this seller is obviously trying to use this guys "noob" status to try to cover his . It's also pretty ironic that he didn't respond until after the situation was brought up here. It was a mistake paying personal, but you live and learn. Like others have stated before, save the personal for people you've bought off of before and know that they are legitimate sellers. This seller is obviously trying to take advantage of someone here, he obviously doesn't have any respect for the person that just paid him $1200 via personal paypal which is clearly stated being against the rules here, and he clearly doesn't have any care or concern about the customers merchandise by not mailing it out in a timely manner, especially after the price that was paid for it. This scumbag needs to be named so noone else has to go through what you unfortunately had to put up with.

Whoa, take it easy! You're gonna give yourself an aneurysm.

lol. Beer makes me angry sometimes. But it's morning and the buzz is long gone and the guy is still a d bag. lol

Where this person comes up with a 20-30 day normal time frame is beyond me. I'd love to have the sender of this PM defend this here.

:screwy: wow really thats nutty i wouldnt want to do any business with that guy ever.

I agree 100% with the sentiment but you have to master the quote function! :)

Sorry it was so dumb founded by the dweeb that made the 20 -30 day statement that i couldnt figure it out.

Most understandable. (thumbs u

Updatery. Within an hour or so of my posting in this thread the seller emailed me promising to send the books the next day and followed through with a USPS dc number for media mail today. They went on to say "The longer you're on the CGC Message Boards you'll see it's more of laid back selling forum and the normal time frame for a transaction is about 20 to 30 days unless other arrangements are made". This hasn't been the case with other transactions I've had here and there have been many. Having said that they seem like nice enough people and I'm hopeful this will end well.

Thanks for all the help, comments, and conversation. Even to the jack hole that chose to laugh that I sent PayPal personal payment, you are correct as it was a bad move on my part and I'll never do that again. I have personally been in the mail order business for over 15 years and would never ask anyone to do that or add money to cover the fees as the processing fees, be it PayPal or otherwise are just part of the cost of doing business. /rant

Again thanks for the comments and thanks for allowing me to be a part of this community.

$1200 worth of books are being sent media mail?

This is after paying paypal personal, and having to post here to get a response from the seller?

Yeah think thats what he said. Im so hoping he outs the seller.

It's like I'm in the Odyssey. lol

It is rather Homeric!

What did you just call him? :slapfight:

This is after paying paypal personal, and having to post here to get a response from the seller?

Yeah think thats what he said. Im so hoping he outs the seller.

Agreed...I want to know who the seller is. Least he could have done was sprung for Priority. They offer free DC

It is rather Homeric!

Where you been spending your nights?

In my super-fly clam shell shaped sensory deprivation tank in my all glass penthouse apartment in the sky-ay-ay!

floatation-tank.jpg

How about you?

It is rather Homeric!

Where you been spending your nights?

In my super-fly clam shell shaped sensory deprivation tank in my all glass penthouse apartment in the sky-ay-ay!

floatation-tank.jpg

How about you?

Not so much. :(

you should out this complete tool of a seller

1. ships $1200 books media mail

2. insisted on paypal personal payment

3. ships in 20 to 30 days

4. general douchebaggery

+1,000,000

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000

I'm a little surprised that the seller has not posted to give his/her side of the transaction.

I guess there is nothing more for him/her to say? :shrug:

Aw, he'll get around to it. Folks around here are pretty laid back, he can wait 20-30 days before making an appearance and giving his side of the story.

:tonofbricks:

I'm a little surprised that the seller has not posted to give his/her side of the transaction.

Aw, he'll get around to it. Folks around here are pretty laid back, he can wait 20-30 days before making an appearance and giving his side of the story.

:signfunny:

:signfunny:
Indeed it is! :roflmao: