• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

What's very useful, are the flat rate regional boxes, unfortunately, you cannot print that postage from Paypal and you can only get them online.

I find the flat rate regular boxes are great if I'm shipping across the country, but within a few States from me, it's way more expensive, and maybe THAT is why they are pushing them, lol.

All I know is I'm saving my old regular 1092 boxes, just in case they are discontinued.

What's very useful, are the flat rate regional boxes, unfortunately, you cannot print that postage from Paypal and you can only get them online.

It's funny, I ordered them online twice, and they never showed either time. (shrug) They don't seem too eager to let me try them...

I find the flat rate regular boxes are great if I'm shipping across the country, but within a few States from me, it's way more expensive, and maybe THAT is why they are pushing them, lol.

All I know is I'm saving my old regular 1092 boxes, just in case they are discontinued.

How do you decides which are 1092 worthy? :foryou:

It's funny, I ordered them online twice, and they never showed either time. (shrug) They don't seem too eager to let me try them...

Jon, I had some problems ordering the padded flat rate envelopes as well. I think third times the charm but I may have just re-registered, I don't recall. But once they do get the "order" then it comes directly from NJ and only takes a few days.

I go to the price calculator on usps, most times I use the regional ones. (the 1092's are not quite like Elaine's sponges yet ;) :hi:

lol

:ohnoez: Someone please summarize!!!

1)

- medusanyc bought some raw Chew books from seller that were described as 9.8s

- seller sends books two-to-a-bag inside a box with no protection apart from some newspaper

- books arrive in less than 9.8 condition

2)

- medusanyc contacts seller, explains problems with condition & lack of proper packaging

- seller busts out the "I'm not a professional grader"-spiel with a side of "other people have sent me books packed this way" and, as a parting shot, the "even though the books are not as described, you still got a good deal compared to eBay prices"-non-apology.

3)

- medusanyc asks for a partial refund of $9

- seller claims that he's had enough of medusanyc's abuse, counters with a $3 refund and tells him he'd prefer not to deal with him again

Did I miss anything?

Seems about right. Why not just get a full refund and send the books back?

More confirmation for why I don't step in the 9.8 waters without a graded book in hand. So much hassle for so little reward.

I go to the price calculator on usps, most times I use the regional ones. (the 1092's are not quite like Elaine's sponges yet ;) :hi:

I had not noticed the regional boxes among the list of choices when shipping. The first choice is always the non flat rate box, the #1095 I use, and then the FRB's follow that. I've never seen any choice be cheaper than the non FRB for typical 2-4lbs parcels. Typically postage will be $5 to $8 using the large #1095 box, and then the FRB's begin around $9 to $12.

I thought that the regional box was in some way for international use. I'll see what dimensions those are, but the #1092/1095 is ideal for CGC slabs from what I've seen. The FRB is actually too short for slabs, there is not enough room at each end for packing material.

I had not noticed the regional boxes among the list of choices when shipping. The first choice is always the non flat rate box, the #1095 I use, and then the FRB's follow that. I've never seen any choice be cheaper than the non FRB for typical 2-4lbs parcels. Typically postage will be $5 to $8 using the large #1095 box, and then the FRB's begin around $9 to $12.

I thought that the regional box was in some way for international use. I'll see what dimensions those are, but the #1092/1095 is ideal for CGC slabs from what I've seen. The FRB is actually too short for slabs, there is not enough room at each end for packing material.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=subcatMSS_RegionalRate&categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3AsubcatMSS_RegionalRate

The A1 is too small to fit any kind of comics, the A 2, is about the size of the 1092, but the B2 is larger and the B1 is better than the medium flat rate for sending stacks of raw books. As a matter of fact, I have re-used Medium flat rates and put them inside the Regional B1 to ship stacks of books, works well. .

I've never used the C, it gets pricey.

It all depends where you are shipping to, sometimes the flat rate A2 is only $5.66, and sometimes the B is only 7.87. I can't really figure it out, but shipping to Kentucky from NY seems to be about the same as from NY to Boston. Just have to check each time.

These boxes are not as strong as the regular ones, but you can easily fit another box inside the Regional B, it's huge.

Thanks Sharon for the link and descriptions. I'll look into them to find out what the costs would be for certain shipments. They look very good for raw book groups. Hopefully they can save some money for TN parcels. Any savings would help, I noticed that insurance rates went way up this year, likely in January. Regards,

My PO people are so awesome that they chide me when i use a Flat Rate and I could have saved bread by using non Flat Rate. They have trained me pretty well. 1-2 slabs is almost always cheaper non-flat rate unless it is AZ, CA, or WA.

1)

- seller sends books two-to-a-bag inside a box with no protection apart from some newspaper

2)

- medusanyc contacts seller, explains problems with condition & lack of proper packaging

- seller busts out the "I'm not a professional grader"-spiel with a side of "other people have sent me books packed this way" and, as a parting shot, the "even though the books are not as described, you still got a good deal compared to eBay prices"-non-apology.

3)

- seller claims that he's had enough of medusanyc's abuse, counters with a $3 refund and tells him he'd prefer not to deal with him again

Did I miss anything?

More confirmation for why I don't step in the 9.8 waters without a graded book in hand. So much hassle for so little reward.

if a full refund for return was offered i would have been all over it...

1)

2)

3)

Did I miss anything?

That is what I would push for, using this thread as justification.

Was the book graded properly, or damaged in handling? Either is a reason for asking for a refund, and the seller should guarantee their grading and shipping. So for either reason, the seller should make the deal good(give you what was promised, or your money back). Regards,

1)

2)

3)

Did I miss anything?

Was the book graded properly, or damaged in handling? Either is a reason for asking for a refund, and the seller should guarantee their grading and shipping. So for either reason, the seller should make the deal good(give you what was promised, or your money back). Regards,

I greatly appreciate the PM I just received regarding this transaction.

First of all the PM exchange provided by the buyer is incomplete (I would be happy to provide the complete exchange to an administrator).

I have my own summary of what happened (I will try to keep it brief):

1. All books listed included a clear picture of the front and back of each book along with a price (no grades were included in the advertisement).

2. All books were modern books less than two years old that could be described as NM or better (with a couple possible exceptions not involved in this transaction).

3. Buyer asks if two of my books are 9.8s. Now keep in mind that these are all new unread books. I take them out of the bags and boards, look them over, note sharp corners, no spine ticks, and bright colors (they really are nice to look at). Instead of saying there are no flaws that I can see I said there were no flaws (I apologized for this and gave the buyer a partial refund at his reqest).

I told the buyer that the books look as good as the pictures. I also went on to state that I did not see why they could not make a 9.8 with the proviso that CGC can be unpredictable.

While I did miss a slight corner crease (did not break color) on the back of one book, the flaw was clearly visible in the pictures that I provided. The buyer either missed this flaw as well or never bothered to look at the pictures before making the purchase.

When the buyer reported that he was not satisfied with quality of the books received I asked him to provide pictures of the flaws he reported. Aside from the slight corner crease, his pictures of that book did not reveal spine ticks or the other flaws reported.

The pictures he provided of the other book did not match the pictures I took of the book before it was sent (he has already informed me that he had a lesser copy). Although I firmly believed that the buyer switched books I apologized to him and asked what I could do to make it up to him.

It was the buyer that asked for a partial refund instead of returning the book. Although he failed to mention this detail I did provide him a partial refund as requested.

4. The books were packed securely (I did put both books in the same bag and board but otherwise that packaging was bulletproof. During the last month I have sent out more than a dozen packages (each to a different buyer) with no complaints aside from this character. Not only that but most buyers have also complimented me through PMs and in my kudos thread.

5. The buyer was insulting and dismissive in his comments. Although I went along with it at the time I feel his request for 9.8s on raw books priced below ebay was unreasonable. Despite the assurance I gave him he still pushed for lower prices than those in my ad. Given the excessiveness of his complaints and the lack of evidence I now feel that his agenda was to use the partial refund request to hammer me down further on what was already a more than fair deal to him.

6. After the partial refund that he had requested was issued to him he came whining here instead to bringing it to my attention first.

This was not a perfect transaction and I learned from my mistakes but I provided the books pictured, I did a great job of packing them safely, and when asked by the buyer how I could make him happy I provided a partial refund as he requested even though I did not trust him enough to ever do business with him again.

If the buyer had provided more evidence of his claims I would have reviewed that evidence but he seemed more interested in complaining and insulting me that coming to an amicable resolution.

Edited by Dr Chaos

1)

2)

3)

Did I miss anything?

I greatly appreciate the PM I just received regarding this transaction.

First of all the PM exchange provided by the buyer is incomplete (I would be happy to provide the complete exchange to an administrator).

I have my own summary of what happened (I will try to keep it brief):

1. All books listed included a clear picture of the front and back of each book along with a price (no grades were included in the advertisement).

2. All books were modern books less than two years old that could be described as NM or better (with a couple possible exceptions not involved in this transaction).

3. Buyer asks if two of my books are 9.8s. Now keep in mind that these are all new unread books. I take them out of the bags and boards, look them over, note sharp corners, no spine ticks, and bright colors (they really are nice to look at). Instead of saying there are no flaws that I can see I said there were no flaws (I apologized for this and gave the buyer a partial refund at his reqest).

I told the buyer that the books look as good as the pictures. I also went on to state that I did not see why they could not make a 9.8 with the proviso that CGC can be unpredictable.

While I did miss a slight corner crease (did not break color) on the back of one book, the flaw was clearly visible in the pictures that I provided. The buyer either missed this flaw as well or never bothered to look at the pictures before making the purchase.

When the buyer reported that he was not satisfied with quality of the books received I asked him to provide pictures of the flaws he reported. Aside from the slight corner crease, his pictures of that book did not reveal spine ticks or the other flaws reported.

The pictures he provided of the other book did not match the pictures I took of the book before it was sent (he has already informed me that he had a lesser copy). Although I firmly believed that the buyer switched books I apologized to him and asked what I could do to make it up to him.

It was the buyer that asked for a partial refund instead of returning the book. Although he failed to mention this detail I did provide him a partial refund as requested.

4. The books were packed securely (I did put both books in the same bag and board but otherwise that packaging was bulletproof. During the last month I have sent out more than a dozen packages (each to a different buyer) with no complaints aside from this character. Not only that but most buyers have also complimented me through PMs and in my kudos thread.

5. The buyer was insulting and dismissive in his comments. Although I went along with it at the time I feel his request for 9.8s on raw books priced below ebay was unreasonable. Despite the assurance I gave him he still pushed for lower prices than those in my ad. Given the excessiveness of his complaints and the lack of evidence I now feel that his agenda was to use the partial refund request to hammer me down further on what was already a more than fair deal to him.

6. After the partial refund that he had requested was issued to him he came whining here instead to bringing it to my attention first.

This was not a perfect transaction and I learned from my mistakes but I provided the books pictured, I did a great job of packing them safely, and when asked by the buyer how I could make him happy I provided a partial refund as he requested even though I did not trust him enough to ever do business with him again.

If the buyer had provided more evidence of his claims I would have reviewed that evidence but he seemed more interested in complaining and insulting me that coming to an amicable resolution.

Stating you think the buyer switched books is lame in my opinion.