• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

All I want to know if the name of the guy who sends $1,200 worth of books late and through Media Mail. That's what I need to know ...

lol

Yeah, I was hoping for an outing on that one but doesn't look like its happening :sorry:

Read through the posts of the member who brought it up. I'm sure something in there will point to the person.

Alright, who's way more motivated than me and is going to do this and send me a pm??? :wishluck:

:gossip:

can't quite hear you...

Im patiently waiting just like you, But im sure the name will be released sooner then later... Thats really all i can say.... Kong is a good guy and been very standup so far in all this...

All I want to know if the name of the guy who sends $1,200 worth of books late and through Media Mail. That's what I need to know ...

lol

Yeah, I was hoping for an outing on that one but doesn't look like its happening :sorry:

Read through the posts of the member who brought it up. I'm sure something in there will point to the person.

Alright, who's way more motivated than me and is going to do this and send me a pm??? :wishluck:

You better hope it's not a list of posts like some who post 20+ times a day. :blahblah:

lol

You better hope it's not a list of posts like some who post 20+ times a day. :blahblah:

20?!? I'm posting WAAAAAY more than that so you better hope it isn't some loser like me! :blush::facepalm::blush:

3. Buyer asks if two of my books are 9.8s. Now keep in mind that these are all new unread books. I take them out of the bags and boards, look them over, note sharp corners, no spine ticks, and bright colors (they really are nice to look at). Instead of saying there are no flaws that I can see I said there were no flaws (I apologized for this and gave the buyer a partial refund at his reqest).

I told the buyer that the books look as good as the pictures. I also went on to state that I did not see why they could not make a 9.8 with the proviso that CGC can be unpredictable.

While I did miss a slight corner crease (did not break color) on the back of one book, the flaw was clearly visible in the pictures that I provided. The buyer either missed this flaw as well or never bothered to look at the pictures before making the purchase.

(1) This reads like the first time you took them out of the bags, it was to see if they were "9.8" If that is the case, strike one.

(2) If you don't grade enough moderns to have a reasonable idea, then don't do a deal for 9.8s. It is risky and most likely waiting to bite you in the can.

(3) If you writing your magnum opus post is not worth $6 to you, then god bless you.

(4) :facepalm:

Nice books. So why do you think there could be no flaws due to shipment?

And I believe the entire conversation was that he'd be out half his money if he returned the books anyway. Working out a partial refund on low dollar books (or in my case high postage costs) makes sense usually.

Thirteen packages sent to thirteen different buyers without damage to the books inside. Instead I received kudos like:

Great communication. Great packaging. Comic arrived just as described. Would definitely recommend and do business with again.

Great guy to deal with. Excellent communication. Great shipping. Great comics. Highly recommended, will buy from again!

Over 5,000 packages sent. Major positive feedback on my packaging. I would like to see someone package better. Guess what? I had a cracked slab about a month ago and half a dozen in 10 years. It happens Agent 13.

People are saying "it is only 6 dollars". It is not about the amount here - it is about the situation.

PMs were exchanged. We have seen two iterations of these.

We have seen the original images from Chaos. It would be helpful to see the images medusanyc sent to chaos.

Part of this situation was created by the amount so it is quite relevant.

Over 5,000 packages sent. Major positive feedback on my packaging. I would like to see someone package better.

If it is better than Timmay, I would like to see that video.

One boardie was able to refurbish his couch with all the foam sheeting.

Buyer asks if two of my books are 9.8s. Now keep in mind that these are all new unread books. I take them out of the bags and boards, look them over, note sharp corners, no spine ticks, and bright colors (they really are nice to look at). Instead of saying there are no flaws that I can see I said there were no flaws (I apologized for this and gave the buyer a partial refund at his reqest).

I told the buyer that the books look as good as the pictures. I also went on to state that I did not see why they could not make a 9.8 with the proviso that CGC can be unpredictable.

While I did miss a slight corner crease (did not break color) on the back of one book, the flaw was clearly visible in the pictures that I provided. The buyer either missed this flaw as well or never bothered to look at the pictures before making the purchase.

When the buyer reported that he was not satisfied with quality of the books received I asked him to provide pictures of the flaws he reported. Aside from the slight corner crease, his pictures of that book did not reveal spine ticks or the other flaws reported.

The pictures he provided of the other book did not match the pictures I took of the book before it was sent (he has already informed me that he had a lesser copy). Although I firmly believed that the buyer switched books I apologized to him and asked what I could do to make it up to him.

If you're assigning grades to books, the buyer should have every reason to believe that the books will actually be in that particular condition - it's not his responsibility to blow up your photos to try to find some miniscule, barely-visible defect. Photos & scans lie - they can greatly magnify defects, just like they can easily hide them.

If you aren't sure of your own grading skills, you should have told the buyer that the books were NM or better, but you couldn't guarantee anything above that. You would probably have lost the sale seeing that he was specifically looking for 9.8 copies, but, on the other hand, you wouldn't be in the middle of this mess either.

Saying that the buyer switched books is a pretty serious accusation around here - I would suggest that you show evidence to prove this :thumbsup:

5. The buyer was insulting and dismissive in his comments. Although I went along with it at the time I feel his request for 9.8s on raw books priced below ebay was unreasonable. Despite the assurance I gave him he still pushed for lower prices than those in my ad. Given the excessiveness of his complaints and the lack of evidence I now feel that his agenda was to use the partial refund request to hammer me down further on what was already a more than fair deal to him.

You're the one that set the prices on these books. If you had such a problem selling these books at below ebay prices, you should have priced them differently or simply refused the buyer's offer.

3. Buyer asks if two of my books are 9.8s. Now keep in mind that these are all new unread books. I take them out of the bags and boards, look them over, note sharp corners, no spine ticks, and bright colors (they really are nice to look at). Instead of saying there are no flaws that I can see I said there were no flaws (I apologized for this and gave the buyer a partial refund at his reqest).

(1) This reads like the first time you took them out of the bags, it was to see if they were "9.8" If that is the case, strike one.

(2) If you don't grade enough moderns to have a reasonable idea, then don't do a deal for 9.8s. It is risky and most likely waiting to bite you in the can.

(3) If you writing your magnum opus post is not worth $6 to you, then god bless you.

(4) :facepalm:

Completely agree on 2 and 3.

If you aren't sure of your own grading skills, you should have told the buyer that the books were NM or better, but you couldn't guarantee anything above that. You would probably have lost the sale seeing that he was specifically looking for 9.8 copies, but, on the other hand, you wouldn't be in the middle of this mess either.

Saying that the buyer switched books is a pretty serious accusation around here - I would suggest that you show evidence to prove this :thumbsup:

I have already admitted that going down the is this a 9.8? road was a bad idea and said that I don't plan on doing so in the future. This is also the reason that I gave the buyer a partial refund.

I included my pictures of the books a few pages back. The scans supplied by the buyer including the book I believe to be switched have been removed from the internet by the buyer. He can post them here if he wants to prove my point.

People who think I messed up by not giving the buyer the $9 he asked for instead of $3 are missing the point. There was no pleasing him. He insisted on being petty about this and if I had given him $9 he would have been on here complaining that I did not give him more.

If anyone really wants to read the complete PM exchange I can send it, I think it presents the buyer in his true light.

Edited by Dr Chaos

I have already admitted that going down the is this a 9.8? road was a bad idea and said that I don't plan on doing so in the future. This is also the reason that I gave the buyer a partial refund.

I included my pictures of the books a few pages back. The scans supplied by the buyer including the book I believe to be switched have been removed from the internet by the buyer. He can post them here if he wants to prove my point.

People who think I messed up by not giving the buyer the $9 he asked for instead of $3 are missing the point. There was no pleasing him. He insisted on being petty about this and if I had given him $9 he would have been on here complaining that I did not give him more.

If anyone really wants to read the complete PM exchange I can send it, I think it presents the buyer in his true light.

Not really missing the point. Just give him the full refund and tell him to send the comics back. If he asks for more (he's not gonna), tell him to go jump in the lake. If he comes on here whining to others that you didn't refund more (again, it won't happen), he's not going to get a good reception.

This is a business transaction. It doesn't matter how he's behaving, short of jumping up and down on your dog. If he's not happy, just get the comics back and give him his money. It's the best way.

Or don't give him his money, and say you don't accept returns: caveat emptor and all that. If that's the stance you want to take, go right ahead. It's not a good position to take if you want to be a decent boards seller, but that's up to you. It's this business of a partial refund, and basing your choices on how he's behaving that doesn't really cut it.

Edited by Speedy-D

Not really missing the point. Just give him the full refund and tell him to send the comics back. If he asks for more (he's not gonna), tell him to go jump in the lake. If he comes on here whining to others that you didn't refund more (again, it won't happen), he's not going to get a good reception.

This is a business transaction. It doesn't matter how he's behaving, short of jumping up and down on your dog. If he's not happy, just get the comics back and give him his money. It's the best way.

Or don't give him his money, and say you don't accept returns: caveat emptor and all that. If that's the stance you want to take, go right ahead. It's not a good position to take if you want to be a decent boards seller, but that's up to you. It's this business of a partial refund, and basing your choices on how he's behaving that doesn't really cut it.

Again, more good advice from Speedy imo (thumbs u

I think we have beaten this horse to death.

I want to thank everyone that participated in the dicussion for their feedback. I have learned a lot from you that will help me to be a better seller going forward.

The transaction was flawed. Mistakes were made by both the buyer and the seller. I took the time to hear out the seller and made the determination to provide him a partial refund based upon my observations and the communication from the seller. Right or wrong I made a judgement call and I will stand by it.

Now that I have had a chance to present the other side of the story and all of the facts are available it is clear to see that I acted in good faith and tried to work with the buyer towards a mutually acceptable solution and that a meeting of the minds was not just not going to happen. While every seller should try to keep their buyers happy I reserve the right to kick unruly customers out of my online store.

While this drama may have been entertaining to some of you this was and continues to be a private matter between me and the buyer. He was wrong to bring our private business into this public forum and he was wrong to attempt to drag my name through the mud. I am asking you to respect that privacy.

Edited by Dr Chaos

I do not have and never have had a stated return policy. If a buyer wants a return and has good reason I will give it serious consideration.

Wow really?

Dont think with that... Nevermind i dont even care anymore

I think we have beaten this horse to death.

I want to thank everyone that participated in the dicussion for their feedback. I have learned a lot from you that will help me to be a better seller going forward.

The transaction was flawed. Mistakes were made by both the buyer and the seller. I took the time to hear out the seller and made the determination to provide him a partial refund based upon my observations and the communication from the seller. Right or wrong I made a judgement call and I will stand by it.

Now that I have had a chance to present the other side of the story and all of the facts are available it is clear to see that I acted in good faith and tried to work with the buyer towards a mutually acceptable solution and that a meeting of the minds was not just not going to happen. While every seller should try to keep their buyers happy I reserve the right to kick unruly customers out of my online store.

While this drama may have been entertaining to some of you this was and continues to be a private matter between me and the buyer. He was wrong to bring our private business into this public forum and he was wrong to attempt to drag my name through the mud. I am asking you to respect that privacy.

While I am working on my grading, the only grades you will see in my sales threads for now will be coming from CGC, knowledgeable graders who have looked at the book (Matt Nelson, etc,), or from our can you spare a grade forum. I do not have and never have had a stated return policy. If a buyer wants a return and has good reason I will give it serious consideration.

I'm sorry, but did you google "contract law" and make sure to use some buzz words in every one of your replies before posting here? Use natural language - it's much more fluid than using terminology that is unneeded.

Also, good luck on future sales where you don't at least make a (insert "good faith" here) attempt at grading the book and have no return policy.