• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

While this drama may have been entertaining to some of you this was and continues to be a private matter between me and the buyer. He was wrong to bring our private business into this public forum and he was wrong to attempt to drag my name through the mud. I am asking you to respect that privacy.

The PL discussion thread was created so that we could go over transactions that have gone wrong. As I think has been mentioned before: this is business, it's not just a private matter. :sorry:

I think we have beaten this horse to death.

I want to thank everyone that participated in the dicussion for their feedback. I have learned a lot from you that will help me to be a better seller going forward.

The transaction was flawed. Mistakes were made by both the buyer and the seller. I took the time to hear out the seller and made the determination to provide him a partial refund based upon my observations and the communication from the seller. Right or wrong I made a judgement call and I will stand by it.

Now that I have had a chance to present the other side of the story and all of the facts are available it is clear to see that I acted in good faith and tried to work with the buyer towards a mutually acceptable solution and that a meeting of the minds was not just not going to happen. While every seller should try to keep their buyers happy I reserve the right to kick unruly customers out of my online store.

While this drama may have been entertaining to some of you this was and continues to be a private matter between me and the buyer. He was wrong to bring our private business into this public forum and he was wrong to attempt to drag my name through the mud. I am asking you to respect that privacy.

The buyer was perfectly within his rights to bring this to the attention of the forum. He was not satisfied with your solution.

He did not want to keep it private because you two could obviously not agree.

I'm a little confused about your definition of "good faith" and the double negative that follows, however I do understand that you are upset.

I hope perhaps you think about this a little more and revise your thoughts about a refund policy..

I edited my last post.

It seems my attempt to address a couple of the points made in this thread missed the mark.

I want to thank everyone that participated in the dicussion for their feedback. I have learned a lot from you that will help me to be a better seller going forward.

The transaction was flawed. Mistakes were made by both the buyer and the seller. I took the time to hear out the seller and made the determination to provide him a partial refund based upon my observations and the communication from the seller. Right or wrong I made a judgement call and I will stand by it.

Now that I have had a chance to present the other side of the story and all of the facts are available it is clear to see that I acted in good faith and tried to work with the buyer towards a mutually acceptable solution and that a meeting of the minds was not just not going to happen. While every seller should try to keep their buyers happy I reserve the right to kick unruly customers out of my online store.

I think you meant buyer, not seller.

Just a suggestion, people read the posts and often get them in their emails, it might be better if you don't keep deleting and editing. You can always post a correction.

i really don't like being accused of something as serious as switching a book or books. if the scans i sent you didn't match the books in the pictures it was because something happened in packing/shipping.

i never accused dr chaos of selling me something other than what was in the sales thread, i have no idea why he would accuse me of that

here is a link to a zip file with full sized scans of the defects i was complaining about(i could post the pics here but they dont show the defects well)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27387326/chewscans.zip

there are many inconsistencies in what he wrote in his defense and could pick them apart but the thing that really bothered me the most was the accusation of switching a book.

At this point man, you should probably either nominate him for the PL (I'm not sure what that'd be for) or let it go. Right now I'd say you're ahead in the court of boardie opinion.

i don't think it was something serious enough for the PL, just really wanted to air my grievance so that others could know what they might be getting into when they deal with him.

i am all for letting it go. i just don't want people to think i did something as shady as he suggested.

i am all for letting it go. i just don't want people to think i did something as shady as he suggested.

No worries I don't think one boardie ever though that.

i really don't like being accused of something as serious as switching a book or books. if the scans i sent you didn't match the books in the pictures it was because something happened in packing/shipping.

i never accused dr chaos of selling me something other than what was in the sales thread, i have no idea why he would accuse me of that

here is a link to a zip file with full sized scans of the defects i was complaining about(i could post the pics here but they dont show the defects well)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27387326/chewscans.zip

there are many inconsistencies in what he wrote in his defense and could pick them apart but the thing that really bothered me the most was the accusation of switching a book.

I can't find any easy tells on the #18, but for the Chew #17 there's no doubt it's the same book - the crooked top staple is a dead giveaway.

The buyer was perfectly within his rights to bring this to the attention of the forum. He was not satisfied with your solution.

I'm a little confused about your definition of "good faith" and the double negative that follows, however I do understand that you are upset.

I hope perhaps you think about this a little more and revise your thoughts about a refund policy..

Dr Chaos, I honestly think you're nuts.

I I want to buy from a seller who can't grade, blames the buyer and refuses to consider logical possibilities like shipping damage, doesn't want the dispute revealed to the community and has no return policy......you're my man.

Your reputation all over a $20 deal. :facepalm:

I think 18 top left on back cover thumbing. Top staple had a color breaking crease. I mean like said nothing really stands out on wither scans. both look like matched up.

Now one may say same pics just reposted, But i saw no to that because Med scans have a better resultion dpi. I think i can say that they are the same books.

I I want to buy from a seller who can't grade, blames the buyer and refuses to consider logical possibilities like shipping damage, doesn't want the dispute revealed to the community and has no return policy......you're my man.

Yikes! :o

Right there is exactly why you should have just bit the bullet and ate the $6 no matter how right you think you are in this sale. Just not even close to worth it for $6

I still want to know if the "20-30" days normally to ship guy is going to out himself or be outed so we can get an explanation on that :wishluck:

hm

Kong is one of my top buyers and a standup guy. I think kong will out this guy when he is ready too.

While this drama may have been entertaining to some of you this was and continues to be a private matter between me and the buyer. He was wrong to bring our private business into this public forum...

Wasn't this a transaction initiated on these boards, through a sales thread?

When you use this forum ( which is free ) as a means to profit, you open yourself up to all sorts of things, like the probation list, and the guidelines for buying and selling, and (most of all) public scrutiny.

I am asking you to respect that privacy.

I am asking you to realize how silly it is to use this forum for personal gain and then flip the switch to "it's all personal" when the heat gets turned up.

I suggest you utilize another forum to sell your wares if the way business is conducted here doesn't meet with your minimum privacy standards.

Thanks.

Is that what your think?

I never said that I would not take returns. However, I did state that I am not sure that I can trust this buyer to take a return from him at this point. Whether it was construed differently I made another statement that I never had made any previous claims in my ads about returns (pro or con).

When I first heard the buyer's complaint I asked him how I could make things right and it was he who said that he did not want to return the books. He prefered to receive a partial refund instead (and to complain at great length).

Given that I tried to work with the guy, spent some time hearing him out, and made a partial refund, I was disappointed that he came here to whine about it. I also felt that under the circumstances that further compensation may not have been warranted.

In my initial response to the buyer one of the first questions I asked him was if he thought the book could have been damaged during shipping. So yes, the thought had crossed my mind.

During my discussions with the buyer, I grew to mistrust him with each post. Despite this I continued to communicate with him and attempted to come to an amicable resolution without making any accusations prior to his comments on this thread without any warning from him.

Although he promised (and did not deliver) additional scans, the flaws in the scans that you see in this thread do not include most of the flaws that he reported to me.

Aside from both books sharing a bad and board (which really should do nothing to subject them to harm) there was nothing wrong with the way they were packed. I used thick cardboard to make a sandwich around them and bubble wrap to protect the sandwich with foam to fill in the empty spaces in the box. Yet, the buyer claimed that I only used cardboard and newspaper (and recanted this account when confronted by someone else). He has still not explained what specifically went wrong during the shipment or with the packing that may have caused the books to be subjected to harm.

None of you has accepted my offer to see the full PM exchange for yourselves yet many of you are eager to accept his story at face value. The details he has provided are sparce. If the books were damaged during shipping it would be nice to know what he observed when he opened the box (or if the box itself was damaged by the USPS in transit).

When I first heard his initial complaint I was eager to help him and was beating myself up over mistakes I might have made. After reading through his rambling and sometimes off topic tirades during the PM exchange I had serious doubts about what his motives might have been from the beginning. In short I felt that I was being manipulated and lost patience with the buyer. Despite this I felt that I should give him something because of the ridiculous 9.8 exchange and followed through with that.

For this I get burned at the stake.

While this drama may have been entertaining to some of you this was and continues to be a private matter between me and the buyer. He was wrong to bring our private business into this public forum...

Wasn't this a transaction initiated on these boards, through a sales thread?

When you use this forum ( which is free ) as a means to profit, you open yourself up to all sorts of things, like the probation list, and the guidelines for buying and selling, and (most of all) public scrutiny.

I am asking you to respect that privacy.

I am asking you to realize how silly it is to use this forum for personal gain and then flip the switch to "it's all personal" when the heat gets turned up.

I suggest you utilize another forum to sell your wares if the way business is conducted here doesn't meet with your minimum privacy standards.

Thanks.

I mistakenly thought that we had finished the discussion and it was agreed that the buyer did not have a legitimate complaint. If that were so the statements you quoted would have made more sense. It seems they were premature.

Edited by Dr Chaos

I would like to add lemonman5, I have had nothing but trouble since a purchase on the 26th April, I still have not received my comics, it took 3 weeks of nagging to get a tracking number, he gave me one finally but no proof on it to say it's for me, we agreed 10 days ago a refund if not here by the 1st June and I still don't have money back

I would like to add lemonman5, I have had nothing but trouble since a purchase on the 26th April, I still have not received my comics, it took 3 weeks of nagging to get a tracking number, he gave me one finally but no proof on it to say it's for me, we agreed 10 days ago a refund if not here by the 1st June and I still don't have money back

I need some guidance. I am selling him a book that he listed over on the WTB forum. He shorted me a buck and finally paid it yesterday. I don't want to sell to anyone who isn't in good standing. So, is it OK to hold off shipping until this is resolved.

I just PM'd him to look at this thread.

I need some guidance. I am selling him a book that he listed over on the WTB forum. He shorted me a buck and finally paid it yesterday. I don't want to sell to anyone who isn't in good standing. So, is it OK to hold off shipping until this is resolved.

I just PM'd him to look at this thread.

if he already paid you, should probably send him the comic. Or I guess you could give him his money back, but I wouldn't do so saying you guys can do the deal again once his other stuff is cleared up. Either send the comic or give him his money back and call it a day.