• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Fingh's Dream World:

Dr Chaos: I shouldn't have sold you those books as 9.8s if they weren't 9.8s. Send them back and I will refund in full.

MedusaNYC: Thanks dude. They are on their way back to you, I appreciate the quick refund. Good luck reselling those on Ebay. You should do well with someone that isn't as 9.8 crazy as I am. :insane:

Dr. Chaos: Sounds good. See you next time.

In your world, the last 10 pages of posts don't exist and I got work done in the last 45 minutes. lol One man's heaven...

Sounds good to me.

I am wishing I gave him his money back and sent him on his way instead of asking his what he wanted and starting down the path I did.

There were many things said by the buyer and others about me that I do not belive to be true. I have responded with my side of the story and have hopefully made my case. I believe it was necessary to defend myself from false accusations but more important to learn from my failings.

Relationships are a two way street but I should have done more to take the high road and be the better man. In any event it is clear to me that I let things the buyer said get under my skin and this became personal for me. Instead of worrying about his behavior and what he might or might not deserve I should have taken the opportunity to think about my approach to customer service and written this one off to experience.

My approach going forward will be different and I have learned several things in this thread that will help me to better serve my customers. I put a lot of time and effort into this transaction before and after the buyer received the books and while I may have been defensive and said some things that I would take back, at no time did I say anything I did not believe to be true. I was called out for mistakes I made and I accept that. It is my hope to learn from those mistakes and avoid them in the future.

I sent the buyer a PM and will attempt to conclude this matter amicably.

That sucks KONG, imo you definitely have every right to be pissed! This is the same person that gave the "chill, 20-30 days to ship is normal around here" speech, yes?

I'd vote for you getting a full refund based on what ive heard so far. I'm interested to hear their response on all of this. Did you send a pm alerting them to this thread?

btw, dont let this sour you on buying here on the boards. I've bought from at least 50 people on here and literally havent even come close to having 1 single problem. The vast majority of people here are A+ sellers! (thumbs u

Yes, this is the same person. 'laid back forum, 20-30 days is normal'

Having just read the rules I did send them a new PM with a new title alerting them to this discussion.

I have had many other deals go smoothly, I'm not soured on anyone else here.

Thanks

I would like to add lemonman5, I have had nothing but trouble since a purchase on the 26th April, I still have not received my comics, it took 3 weeks of nagging to get a tracking number, he gave me one finally but no proof on it to say it's for me, we agreed 10 days ago a refund if not here by the 1st June and I still don't have money back

Refund sent.

I'm not even going to give the whole story here.

I'm just going to say that shipping to unreasonable international buyers like you is the reason why alot of people don't ship outside the US.

After buying and selling $10k+ on this board, I don't think I would run with your $118. I kept communication through this whole thing.

pmsl, i asked for 3 weeks where is my tracking number, all i got was "i will find it tomorrow or its in my car somewhere", after i said i would put you on here you did something, dont care if its for $1 or $10k, your communication was and i hope no one else gets the service i did.

yes i did recieve refund, god help anyone else with this Lemon

. Did you send a pm alerting them to this thread?

I sent them a PM titled REFUND two days ago. they are well aware of this thread. I wouldn't be surprised to see them come in for some damage control spin. I'm over this deal and just want my money back.

end of

I can't wait to hear some of this "damage control". Yeah, the board might be laid back but 20-30 days to ship is FAR from anything ie ever experienced he unless I was told up front that for whatever reason it's going to take some time to ship. Most of the time, it's the exact opposite and books go out fast as lightning!

A couple months ago, I bought 2 Pedigree Avengers from paperheart for almost a grand. I was paying by check to save him the fees and sent the check the morning after the :takeit: . The very next morning, the freaking books were sitting on my doorstep! :o

I'm pretty sure I had never even bought from paperheart before and when I pm's him with a "holy mess! Thanks man!" type of message and he was just like " no problem, I've seen you around here enough that I trust you" (worship)(worship)(worship)

THOSE are the kind of sellers(and there's a lot like that here) that make this such a great place to buy comics 95% of the time! :cloud9:

. Did you send a pm alerting them to this thread?

I sent them a PM titled REFUND two days ago. they are well aware of this thread. I wouldn't be surprised to see them come in for some damage control spin. I'm over this deal and just want my money back.

end of

I can't wait to hear some of this "damage control". Yeah, the board might be laid back but 20-30 days to ship is FAR from anything ie ever experienced he unless I was told up front that for whatever reason it's going to take some time to ship. Most of the time, it's the exact opposite and books go out fast as lightning!

A couple months ago, I bought 2 Pedigree Avengers from paperheart for almost a grand. I was paying by check to save him the fees and sent the check the morning after the :takeit: . The very next morning, the freaking books were sitting on my doorstep! :o

I'm pretty sure I had never even bought from paperheart before and when I pm's him with a "holy mess! Thanks man!" type of message and he was just like " no problem, I've seen you around here enough that I trust you" (worship)(worship)(worship)

THOSE are the kind of sellers(and there's a lot like that here) that make this such a great place to buy comics 95% of the time! :cloud9:

98.6%

I believe the last few pages of this thread are an elaborate hoax played on the boards by Branget to push all other Chew sellers out of the market.

:jokealert:

^^

At the end of day yesterday I got the media mail package, it sits here in my office untouched as I want nothing to do with it.

:ohnoez:

EXACTLY

If it helps at all, I have completed numerous transactions with the seller. Not to say that you should change your course of action, only hopefully they are just being slow.

I also had numerous transactions until they landed on my personal probation list. As far as I'm concerned this behaviour is par for the course.

I would like to add lemonman5, I have had nothing but trouble since a purchase on the 26th April, I still have not received my comics, it took 3 weeks of nagging to get a tracking number, he gave me one finally but no proof on it to say it's for me, we agreed 10 days ago a refund if not here by the 1st June and I still don't have money back

Refund sent.

I'm just going to say that shipping to unreasonable international buyers like you is the reason why alot of people don't ship outside the US.

After buying and selling $10k+ on this board, I don't think I would run with your $118. I kept communication through this whole thing.

pmsl, i asked for 3 weeks where is my tracking number, all i got was "i will find it tomorrow or its in my car somewhere", after i said i would put you on here you did something, dont care if its for $1 or $10k, your communication was and i hope no one else gets the service i did.

Sure thing. I gave you the stupid number eventually, and it showed that I shipped it on 4/29, so it's not like I was lying. After I gave it, I communicated with you and asked for you to work with me and wait a couple of weeks (international shipping can take a while), but you continued to be unreasonable and gave it only 1 more week. I don't know what else you wanted from me. After I didn't communicate for 1 day, you called me out. If that isn't unreasonable, I don't know what is. All you had to do was wait and work with me, since it was completely out of my hands after I shipped it.

If you want proof that the tracking number was indeed yours, go back and check the thread for how many UK boardies bought from me. You'll see you were the only one. This problem could have been easily prevented if your address showed up on the Paypal transaction, so I could have printed the label like I did with everyone else.

Anyone in my position would be pretty frustrated with this whole thing. Especially when it involves losing out on $118.

I'm done selling to the UK. The only time I was ripped off on this board was by a UK boardie, and now I just lost my Captain America 100 to you, and you're making me out to be the bad guy in this whole thing.

Edited by lemonman5

At the end of day yesterday I got the media mail package, it sits here in my office untouched as I want nothing to do with it.

EXACTLY

If it helps at all, I have completed numerous transactions with the seller. Not to say that you should change your course of action, only hopefully they are just being slow.

I also had numerous transactions until they landed on my personal probation list. As far as I'm concerned this behaviour is par for the course.

I have them on ignore so i never buy from them again. 2c

Refund sent.

Sure thing. I gave you the stupid number eventually, and it showed that I shipped it on 4/29, so it's not like I was lying. After I gave it, I communicated with you and asked for you to work with me and wait a couple of weeks (international shipping can take a while), but you continued to be unreasonable and gave it only 1 more week. I don't know what else you wanted from me. After I didn't communicate for 1 day, you called me out. If that isn't unreasonable, I don't know what is. All you had to do was wait and work with me, since it was completely out of my hands after I shipped it.

If you want proof that the tracking number was indeed yours, go back and check the thread for how many UK boardies bought from me. You'll see you were the only one. This problem could have been easily prevented if your address showed up on the Paypal transaction, so I could have printed the label like I did with everyone else.

Anyone in my position would be pretty frustrated with this whole thing. Especially when it involves losing out on $118.

I'm done selling to the UK. The only time I was ripped off on this board was by a UK boardie, and now I just lost my Captain America 100 to you, and you're making me out to be the bad guy in this whole thing.

are you saying i have stolen the comic from you and kept the money as that sounds like it! i will make sure on every selling thread people know what you are like now then!

EXACTLY

I've never even heard of this person I don't think???

They must be a modern or SS guy since those are about the only forums I don't read, no? (shrug)

EXACTLY

Who?

Refund sent.

are you saying i have stolen the comic from you and kept the money as that sounds like it! i will make sure on every selling thread people know what you are like now then!

You're going to krap in lemonman5s sales threads from now on?

Refund sent.

I never said that. I just said that I was ripped off before (a few months ago) from a UK boardie and now I'm out the money and the book with this transaction. I never said you ripped me off. I just said that you were very unreasonable with this whole thing, since I gave you everything you wanted and you still called me out.

If you want to krap on my threads, then you're welcome to. You just seem to completely lack courtesy and decency. I wish I had known about this before I sold the book to you.

Edited by lemonman5

EXACTLY

Who?

WDMARVELCOMICS or something similar.

Good lord theres a lot of anger in the discussion area today...

Everybody just needs to step away from their keyboards for a minute or two... maybe have a tall glass of Tang... and then just relax a little.

Where's POV and is soothing posts when we need him ? :)

Good lord theres a lot of anger in the discussion area today...

Everybody just needs to step away from their keyboards for a minute or two... maybe have a tall glass of Tang... and then just relax a little.

Where's POV and is soothing posts when we need him ? :)

I was about to say the same thing! Sheesh, folks gots to chill!!

Speedy is right. Its time to chill.

Sounds like everyone got refunds... even after heated debates. If refunds were given... time for banter to cease. There is no need to bash each other if the offended party got what they wanted (refund).

Rupp wisdom for the future... forget partial refunds unless TOTALLY AGREED upon by BOTH PARTIES.

Go the full refund route. If the buyer doesn't want to return them, then you've done all you can to appease them by offering full refund. Partial refund just results in "partial happiness".