• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just a simple question here. Why do we allow someone on the probation list to sell comics here? Shouldnt it be both ways. I sure as hell wouldnt want to buy books here from someone already on a the list for not completing a transaction. I just notice this today and the seller changed their id? Did I miss the story here?

Here's a simpler question...Why don't you just detail the situation? Exactly what did you just notice today?

edited to add: OK, Speedy beat me to it (well named). So if the person is on the PL why aren't you not just naming them or at least providing a link. I don't get it.

How does this kind of post help anyone?

Edited by Povertyrow

I need H-E-L-P

Im pretty new on this board but have already made a fair bit of successful transactions....

This is my situation with 2 long standing memebers on here I will not yet give their names in hopes that they either refund or send me the items....at very least communicate

I bought from one member over a month ago and communication fell by the waist side the minute the money cleared....its been a struggle to get any info especially my items...Im trying to be understanding...but enough is enough

Second member communication was great up till he received my items and cash for the trade of 3 cgc books....then communication again came to a stop and not getting any responses , well over a month.

I made a mistake and paid paypal as gift....can take screen shots etc of all communications between both and of paypal clearing into there accounts.... Yes i made an error and was way to trusting my bad but no reason for them to ignore me like this. Im very frustrated and finaclly stressed to the max like most. So trying to explain to thew wife why I buy comic is one thing why I throw away money we could have used for bills...Dont ever try to explain that one.

Anyone have any advice?? Or course of action.....again wont give names hopefully I hear back from them (always try to see the good in everyone)

If you don't want to name names, start by PMing the sellers with a link here. Lettuce know how they respond. But names will eventually have to be disclosed..

And NEVER pay via Paypal Personal. Never ever, regardless of what some others may say.

Right now people are going through every thread he posted to buy books in and Sherlocking the Fudge out of them to figure out which sellers we are talking about.

Just saying.

Just a simple question here. Why do we allow someone on the probation list to sell comics here? Shouldnt it be both ways. I sure as hell wouldnt want to buy books here from someone already on a the list for not completing a transaction. I just notice this today and the seller changed their id? Did I miss the story here?

Details?

No real details just a member who is on the probation list selling in the modern thread currently. Just seems a problem waiting to happen.

this involves the whole WDMARVELCOMICS-walkingdeadcomics-Catwoman cluster that all went down last night and this morning, right? We just today got confirmation that WDMARVELCOMICS and walkingdeadcomics are the same person. He started that thread before we began unraveling his whole convoluted scheme :/

Details?

No real details just a member who is on the probation list selling in the modern thread currently. Just seems a problem waiting to happen.

this involves the whole WDMARVELCOMICS-walkingdeadcomics-Catwoman cluster that all went down last night and this morning, right? We just today got confirmation that WDMARVELCOMICS and walkingdeadcomics are the same person. He started that thread before we began unraveling his whole convoluted scheme :/

Consider the Fudge officially Sherlocked! lol

Imodium is a great guy that I have dealt with and talked to at length here the last month. I really hope the sellers that are delaying his shipments get their act together. This isnt the way to make a good impression on a new member.

Out the Jack holes!

angry_mob.png

C'mon Oakland, you know the protocol. Wait until we hear both sides.

Yes, wait until we hear both sides.

:taptaptap: waiting to see them post in this thread the reasoning they have ignored the OP for a month.

I'm placing my bets on "Death/serious illness of Grandmother." or "Car in the shop, couldn't get to the computer to answer emails."

Imodium is a great guy that I have dealt with and talked to at length here the last month. I really hope the sellers that are delaying his shipments get their act together. This isnt the way to make a good impression on a new member.

(thumbs u Doug's is an endorsement worth having.

He is one of the main reason why I have had such a great and amzing time here. He has answered any and all questions , doesnt matter how stupid they may seem to senior collectors. Has also helped me when it comes to my investments. Doug is a shinning example on where I would to see myself down the road selling to new members on here.

I sent "Catwoman" some Spawn books for free. Figured her kids could use the books...afterall, I was a poor child growing up. My parents didn't have hundreds of dollars to spend on books, so the opportunity seemed worthwhile and sending them actually made me feel good.

Looks like a scam? That makes me sad.

Oh well...I did it for good kharma.

I've been digging through piles of Spawns looking for 9.9s so I have my fingers crossed. I can use all the luck I could get!

On other matters raised in the thread...I accidently requested a slab ownership transfer just last week. I entered in one wrong number, hit enter, realized what I had done...and I quickly contacted the owner with an apology. Never heard back from him though.

I also have to wonder about people "stealing" serial numbers from unregistered books.

That's why I immediately register mine once they arrive.

BTW...does anyone know of an authentic comic book charity of some sort? I have a pile of stuff to give.

I want to know whose bright idea it was to give a child a name with a hyphen in the middle.

1otSX.png

Jeezus that's racist. It's an urban myth in the simple version. The addition of the last line falls into flat out bigotry.

I sent "Catwoman" some Spawn books for free. Figured her kids could use the books...afterall, I was a poor child growing up. My parents didn't have hundreds of dollars to spend on books, so the opportunity seemed worthwhile and sending them actually made me feel good.

Looks like a scam? That makes me sad.

Oh well...I did it for good kharma.

I've been digging through piles of Spawns looking for 9.9s so I have my fingers crossed. I can use all the luck I could get!

On other matters raised in the thread...I accidently requested a slab ownership transfer just last week. I entered in one wrong number, hit enter, realized what I had done...and I quickly contacted the owner with an apology. Never heard back from him though.

I also have to wonder about people "stealing" serial numbers from unregistered books.

That's why I immediately register mine once they arrive.

BTW...does anyone know of an authentic comic book charity of some sort? I have a pile of stuff to give.

Cool_story_bro.jpg

These things usually play out in two ways; you're right or you're wrong. Name the seller and we should be able to identify the outcome.

When you say long standing are you referring to WDMarvelcomics who has already been put on the PL? You wouldn't be wrong for airing a grievance, but you also wouldn't be cutting a new path either.

If it's someone who seemingly wouldn't act in a less than moral manner, maybe we can get to the bottom of it.

I need H-E-L-P

Let me put in my 2c about this... which should take me up to around 8 cents total in the almost three years I've been here.

I understand the desire not to want to step on toes or burn bridges etc. But if boardies want to air their grievances here, I really wish everyone would quit taking up written space and give full details on the first post.

If its been 30 days and you have had no response or shipment from the seller or buyer you are dealing with, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY (including the mid 80's Big Country album "The Seer")...stop tip-toein' around.

Name names and report your full problem to these boards. Why worry about burning a bridge... especially if its already burning from the other end?

The guys are right in that not disclosing who has wronged you can be researched and found out within minutes... so there is no need to wait concerning your disclosure.

The quicker you post details, the quicker some possible resolution to your problem is going to occur don't you think?

Rupp-rant # 00009

Wow.

So let me get this straight: if someone gives their child a name that you find unusual, and speaks the language using cultural and regional conventions rather than the King's English, they are

- stupid

- undeserving of the right to vote

- unworthy of having children

- undeserving of welfare (you'll have to explain what connects the naming of children with a system to mitigate poverty)

- undeserving of compassion

- subjects for ridicule

Heaven forbid that not all Americans think alike, speak alike, look alike, and name their children alike. One can only wonder what you think of Americans whose parents were born in another country.

... and as a few boardies have pointed out, the whole "name" thing that somehow got posted here, really should be deleted by all who posted it and quoted it.

If this thread gets locked or put on hold, then no one is going to know how the Catwoman, WDMarvel, etc krap is going to play out.

# 000010