• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Kellam -

Sorry this has happened to you. Hopefully it is just a case of slow boardies. Things are fairly relaxed around here from your typical 'professional' business standpoint. Some take quite a while to pay, and many take a while to get the product shipped out the door.

If it helps any, you may wish to check references with boardies who you have had successful dealing with.

:foryou:

Mike

I feel embarressed to say this but it's actually 3 sellers. Was holding off on the third guy cause he told me he was going to ship today and the. Give me tracking number. Well I haven't recieved any number or even a message

I hope none of you sellers will consider blacklisting me because of these potential 3 issues and loss of upwards $600-$700 that has financially hurt me. I'm an honest guy just getting to my wits end. Waiting over a month and having little to no response to pms then seeing that these members are active daily like its an average day at the office bothers me

So I will wait for a response from them if I don't hear anything back in a few days I will "call them out". Here's hoping the forum has a newbies back and not a member that's been on here for years. We will see

Thanks

Kellam

This isn't cause I'm Canadian is it?

Hi! :hi:

There's no need to "call me out", I'm right here. I really try my best to stay away from the flame wars, etc I have met people on these boards and most are great people. However there are some that bark really really loud, so much so you get a perception of them that's misleading(no specific person, just a general observation)

Imodium your book was accidentally sent out to another boardie. This is my fault, I apologized to you for this. I was waiting until the boardie sent me the book so I could resend to you. I recieved it this week, book was(and is) going out today. My apologies to you for the slowness, I really have done the best I can re your purchase. As I said privately if theres anything I can do to make it up to you in the future please let me know. Confirm # coming later this evening, thanks!

Edited by Mr Mylar

Is there a protocol for when someone tries to register a comic from your registry set to theirs? I got the email from CGC saying someone was trying to register one of my books, but without naming names or what comic here goes. It wouldn't have been so bad until I looked at their profile, and saw how huge their registry set was for a certain comic. At first glance it would seem normal, but looking at the history, the whole set, mostly 9.8 pedigrees had been gathered since Jan. of this year. I'm talking over 200 books too. Looking at the other registry sets you can see it took years to build them. Another thing that struck me as odd was the almost frantic removal and addition of issues. I guess what I'm really asking is how hard would it be to just start plucking numbers off books that you see online in auctions, for sale, or others collections, and just start adding them to your own registry? Then when the real owner wants to register it they get denied, and have to prove they really own it. Wouldn't that show up as frantic additions and removals in said persons collection? Not to mention books that have never been registered, or taking numbers from collectors with collections so big they don't even know what they have. Those would be free of scrutiny almost. Have any of you veterans dealt with such a thing before?

This seems to come up at least once or twice a year. There's been several cases of people getting their registry sets removed when ample proof is provided to the mods.

The worst offender I recall was someone who put together a "Top 3" set of X-Men and several other titles He/she was repeatedly stealing numbers from a Board member's active auctions.

Just a simple question here. Why do we allow someone on the probation list to sell comics here? Shouldnt it be both ways. I sure as hell wouldnt want to buy books here from someone already on a the list for not completing a transaction. I just notice this today and the seller changed their id? Did I miss the story here?

Details?

No real details just a member who is on the probation list selling in the modern thread currently. Just seems a problem waiting to happen.

this involves the whole WDMARVELCOMICS-walkingdeadcomics-Catwoman cluster that all went down last night and this morning, right? We just today got confirmation that WDMARVELCOMICS and walkingdeadcomics are the same person. He started that thread before we began unraveling his whole convoluted scheme :/

Sorry I just didnt want to out the person without knowing the whole story. Yes that is the individual. Worse part is I bought from him last month not knowing the guy had changed accounts. :facepalm:

Edited by Fastballspecial

Is there a protocol for when someone tries to register a comic from your registry set to theirs? I got the email from CGC saying someone was trying to register one of my books, but without naming names or what comic here goes. It wouldn't have been so bad until I looked at their profile, and saw how huge their registry set was for a certain comic. At first glance it would seem normal, but looking at the history, the whole set, mostly 9.8 pedigrees had been gathered since Jan. of this year. I'm talking over 200 books too. Looking at the other registry sets you can see it took years to build them. Another thing that struck me as odd was the almost frantic removal and addition of issues. I guess what I'm really asking is how hard would it be to just start plucking numbers off books that you see online in auctions, for sale, or others collections, and just start adding them to your own registry? Then when the real owner wants to register it they get denied, and have to prove they really own it. Wouldn't that show up as frantic additions and removals in said persons collection? Not to mention books that have never been registered, or taking numbers from collectors with collections so big they don't even know what they have. Those would be free of scrutiny almost. Have any of you veterans dealt with such a thing before?

This seems to come up at least once or twice a year. There's been several cases of people getting their registry sets removed when ample proof is provided to the mods.

The worst offender I recall was someone who put together a "Top 3" set of X-Men and several other titles He/she was repeatedly stealing numbers from a Board member's active auctions.

I have no proof that this is happening, but he's actually registered at least 187 high grade and pedigree books since Jan. 2012, and none before then. They exist in three different sets of the same title. So it looks like there may be some duplicates. I don't have time to look at every single one. I just find it hard to believe there have been that many 9.8's and pedigrees available for sale since then. All I can say for fact is that he tried to register one of my books in another, but similar title. For anyone who cares, just check to see if any of your comics that take place in the Hyborian age are missing.

I have no proof that this is happening, but he's actually registered at least 187 high grade and pedigree books since Jan. 2012, and none before then.

Maybe he simply added all his accumulated books at once into the registry but I admit, it sounds suspicious.

One year I was bumped from my #1 spot in a specific title by someone that I knew for a fact no longer owned most of the books. I alerted CGC, showing some specifics where he sold the books, but nothing was done. After that I lost a lot of interest in the registry. As with anything else on an honor system the integrity of the Registry is open to suspect.

I have no proof that this is happening, but he's actually registered at least 187 high grade and pedigree books since Jan. 2012, and none before then.

Maybe he simply added all his accumulated books at once into the registry but I admit, it sounds suspicious.

One year I was bumped from my #1 spot in a specific title by someone that I knew for a fact no longer owned most of the books. I alerted CGC, showing some specifics where he sold the books, but nothing was done. After that I lost a lot of interest in the registry. As with anything else on an honor system the integrity of the Registry is open to suspect.

I thought that too, but when I clicked the history tab you can see that it's about every 7 days a bunch get added. Say when HA closes there weekly auction, or Comiclink ends theirs each month. So basically this guy is outbidding and winning these on every single auction since Jan. I just can't remember seeing that many for sale. If it's legit he's the greatest collector of the year. Maybe of all time, lol.

Excuse me address me Danielle if you want to converse with Wil go to him bring his in here IDGAF !!!

Man do I miss alot around here when I have to run around. I'm trying to catch up on this juicy garbage but got lost at IDGAF!!! :roflmao: Is that Rock People language from the old Flash Gordon series?

I just googled it... :blush:

whytheface1.jpg

Wow.

So let me get this straight: if someone gives their child a name that you find unusual, and speaks the language using cultural and regional conventions rather than the King's English, they are

- stupid

- undeserving of the right to vote

- unworthy of having children

- undeserving of welfare (you'll have to explain what connects the naming of children with a system to mitigate poverty)

- undeserving of compassion

- subjects for ridicule

Heaven forbid that not all Americans think alike, speak alike, look alike, and name their children alike. One can only wonder what you think of Americans whose parents were born in another country.

I think that image is wrong and not funny in any way. I know you aren't directing this at me, however, I think that parents that don't put any thought into what their child will have to go through in front of every teacher, friend, or place that their name will have to be spoken, spelled or identified simply because it's clever or sounds cool are ignorant and insensitive and setting their child up for daily difficulty for the entire time they have that name.

I am not talking about family names, ethnic names, historic names, etc. I am talking about people trying to be cool or hip or different and saying IDGAF about how this impacts my kid's life.

My last name has a bunch of ways is can be pronounced and I am forced to spell it slowly for everyone I have to deal with. That's something families HAVE to deal with. Giving a kid a messed up variant on a name just because it's neat or funny is borderline child abuse given how often they will have to deal with it, correct people, and explain themselves. The kid is FORCED to deal with this, that sucks.

As I said that image is ridiculous and uncalled for and has nothing to do with the problem I have with parents who willingly and intentionally do this to kids who have no choice in the matter. Mine gripe isn't racial in any way.

So I do think people that do that to their kids with no forethought whatsoever are pretty damn ignorant.

Wow.

So let me get this straight: if someone gives their child a name that you find unusual, and speaks the language using cultural and regional conventions rather than the King's English, they are

- stupid

- undeserving of welfare (you'll have to explain what connects the naming of children with a system to mitigate poverty)

- subjects for ridicule

Heaven forbid that not all Americans think alike, speak alike, look alike, and name their children alike. One can only wonder what you think of Americans whose parents were born in another country.

I think that image is wrong and not funny in any way. I know you aren't directing this at me, however, I think that parents that don't put any thought into what their child will have to go through in front of every teacher, friend, or place that their name will have to be spoken, spelled or identified simply because it's clever or sounds cool are ignorant and insensitive and setting their child up for daily difficulty for the entire time they have that name.

I am not talking about family names, ethnic names, historic names, etc. I am talking about people trying to be cool or hip or different and saying IDGAF about how this impacts my kid's life.

My last name has a bunch of ways is can be pronounced and I am forced to spell it slowly for everyone I have to deal with. That's something families HAVE to deal with. Giving a kid a messed up variant on a name just because it's neat or funny is borderline child abuse given how often they will have to deal with it, correct people, and explain themselves. The kid is FORCED to deal with this, that sucks.

As I said that image is ridiculous and uncalled for and has nothing to do with the problem I have with parents who willingly and intentionally do this to kids who have no choice in the matter. Mine gripe isn't racial in any way.

So I do think people that do that to their kids with no forethought whatsoever are pretty damn ignorant.

Moon Unit and Dwezil come to mind.

I would disagree with someone labeling Frank Zappa as ignorant.

RIP Frank :sorry:

Can we drop the discussions regarding the picture of the girl with the "unusual name" already? It has nothing to do with comics, from what I can tell. Let it die the death it deserves.

After doing some more research it would seem that this guy is legit. Metropolis is pumping these Suscha News copies in 9.8 like there's no tomorrow. So anyone with the cash could probably come close to duplicating his set right now. At least to issue #142. Cross checked some of his serial numbers with the ones for sale, and none matched. So maybe he did get the number of my copy from the picture of the one he bought. One thing is for sure, he's got money to burn. I figure at the minimum it cost $20,000.00 to buy all 178 books. Not an outrageous number, but not chicken feed either. Hey, more power to him. (worship)

Wow.

- stupid

- subjects for ridicule

Moon Unit and Dwezil come to mind.

I would disagree with someone labeling Frank Zappa as ignorant.

RIP Frank :sorry:

lol Outlier!!!

Put those kids in a middle class home in a regular school (outside of Hollywood) without a famous dad and they are PISSED over those names.

As in previous posts on this thread I had brought up 3 boardies no-names revealed...as I wanted to give each of them the chance to conatc me and clear things up...2 of 3 did and for that I thank those 2. As for the third Ive heard nothing....So regretfully...

I nominate 'ComicsAndCode ' to the probation thread. Purchased "Silver Surfer comics. #2(2x),#4-#10' on '05/28/12 ' , paid '05/28/12' by echeck(gift avoid fees) and it still hasn't arrived and they aren't responding to PMs (didnt read last 4 PMs or private emails). PM sent indicating I would nominate them to the Probation thread .

I hope they are ok and understand that life can get in the way but I would like to get this transaction completed.

Where it goes from here i dont know....wait and see. If anything if im out $225 US at least this can be a waring to others...dont use GIFT!! and second avoid dealing with comicandcode.

Edited by Imodium