• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Is there a protocol for when someone tries to register a comic from your registry set to theirs? I got the email from CGC saying someone was trying to register one of my books, but without naming names or what comic here goes. It wouldn't have been so bad until I looked at their profile, and saw how huge their registry set was for a certain comic. At first glance it would seem normal, but looking at the history, the whole set, mostly 9.8 pedigrees had been gathered since Jan. of this year. I'm talking over 200 books too. Looking at the other registry sets you can see it took years to build them. Another thing that struck me as odd was the almost frantic removal and addition of issues. I guess what I'm really asking is how hard would it be to just start plucking numbers off books that you see online in auctions, for sale, or others collections, and just start adding them to your own registry? Then when the real owner wants to register it they get denied, and have to prove they really own it. Wouldn't that show up as frantic additions and removals in said persons collection? Not to mention books that have never been registered, or taking numbers from collectors with collections so big they don't even know what they have. Those would be free of scrutiny almost. Have any of you veterans dealt with such a thing before?

Someone has a registry set with over 200 Pedigrees in it?!?

I HAVE to know what set this is now!!!

If I told you the cat would be out of the bag, and I'm not looking to make any enemies on here. It just seems odd that someone could amass a collection like that in such a short time, and if they hadn't tried to register one of mine I'm not sure it would have crossed my mind.

Why would someone try to add comics to their registry that aren't really theirs? Would it help with a fraudulent sale or something? :shrug:

Why would someone try to add comics to their registry that aren't really theirs? Would it help with a fraudulent sale or something? :shrug:

Not sure if that's the motivation, but he definitely has best in set for '12. He just responded to me saying that he's at a point where he can enjoy the privilege of over paying, and that his registering of his comics with CGC could use improvement.

Not sure if that's the motivation, but he definitely has best in set for '12. He just responded to me saying that he's at a point where he can enjoy the privilege of over paying, and that his registering of his comics with CGC could use improvement.

First of all, what a TOOLish response! lol

Second, how does any of that apply to his attempt to add your comic to his registry?

First of all, what a TOOLish response! lol

Second, how does any of that apply to his attempt to add your comic to his registry?

Sorry, that was in response to me asking him why he tried to register my book. He said he had purchased the same book as mine, and that he was trying to register the number in the pic, but where I bought mine doesn't use stock images. Besides, what are the chances of my book being the stock image? That's when I asked how he could have amassed such a huge collection of pedigrees in such a short time, and that others might be concerned. Since he was trying to register one of my books I felt it was a valid question.

I'm not a registered member on that many boards, but I have to say that in the ~12 years I've been on the internet these CGC boards are definitely the strangest.

No competition, in fact. :roflmao:

You should have been around back in the days of alt.sports.baseball.card-traders. lol

I need H-E-L-P

Im pretty new on this board but have already made a fair bit of successful transactions....

This is my situation with 2 long standing memebers on here I will not yet give their names in hopes that they either refund or send me the items....at very least communicate

I bought from one member over a month ago and communication fell by the waist side the minute the money cleared....its been a struggle to get any info especially my items...Im trying to be understanding...but enough is enough

Second member communication was great up till he received my items and cash for the trade of 3 cgc books....then communication again came to a stop and not getting any responses , well over a month.

I made a mistake and paid paypal as gift....can take screen shots etc of all communications between both and of paypal clearing into there accounts.... Yes i made an error and was way to trusting my bad but no reason for them to ignore me like this. Im very frustrated and finaclly stressed to the max like most. So trying to explain to thew wife why I buy comic is one thing why I throw away money we could have used for bills...Dont ever try to explain that one.

Anyone have any advice?? Or course of action.....again wont give names hopefully I hear back from them (always try to see the good in everyone)

I need H-E-L-P

Im pretty new on this board but have already made a fair bit of successful transactions....

This is my situation with 2 long standing memebers on here I will not yet give their names in hopes that they either refund or send me the items....at very least communicate

I bought from one member over a month ago and communication fell by the waist side the minute the money cleared....its been a struggle to get any info especially my items...Im trying to be understanding...but enough is enough

Second member communication was great up till he received my items and cash for the trade of 3 cgc books....then communication again came to a stop and not getting any responses , well over a month.

I made a mistake and paid paypal as gift....can take screen shots etc of all communications between both and of paypal clearing into there accounts.... Yes i made an error and was way to trusting my bad but no reason for them to ignore me like this. Im very frustrated and finaclly stressed to the max like most. So trying to explain to thew wife why I buy comic is one thing why I throw away money we could have used for bills...Dont ever try to explain that one.

Anyone have any advice?? Or course of action.....again wont give names hopefully I hear back from them (always try to see the good in everyone)

If you don't want to name names, start by PMing the sellers with a link here. Lettuce know how they respond. But names will eventually have to be disclosed..

And NEVER pay via Paypal Personal. Never ever, regardless of what some others may say.

I need H-E-L-P

Out the Jack holes!

angry_mob.png

This I have now learned...."Save on seller fees" Never again....

I was fearful no one would read this. Thanks guys, both these situations have not soured me the slightest with this fourm and its members...because honestly the ppl I have meet and bought off of have been amazing....just my luck I get myself into 2 sour deals.. We maybe...keeping my fingers crossed :)

I need H-E-L-P

Out the Jack holes!

angry_mob.png

++++1

Just a simple question here. Why do we allow someone on the probation list to sell comics here? Shouldnt it be both ways. I sure as hell wouldnt want to buy books here from someone already on a the list for not completing a transaction. I just notice this today and the seller changed their id? Did I miss the story here?

Just a simple question here. Why do we allow someone on the probation list to sell comics here? Shouldnt it be both ways. I sure as hell wouldnt want to buy books here from someone already on a the list for not completing a transaction. I just notice this today and the seller changed their id? Did I miss the story here?

Details?

I feel embarressed to say this but it's actually 3 sellers. Was holding off on the third guy cause he told me he was going to ship today and the. Give me tracking number. Well I haven't recieved any number or even a message

I hope none of you sellers will consider blacklisting me because of these potential 3 issues and loss of upwards $600-$700 that has financially hurt me. I'm an honest guy just getting to my wits end. Waiting over a month and having little to no response to pms then seeing that these members are active daily like its an average day at the office bothers me

So I will wait for a response from them if I don't hear anything back in a few days I will "call them out". Here's hoping the forum has a newbies back and not a member that's been on here for years. We will see

Thanks

Kellam

This isn't cause I'm Canadian is it?

Details?

No real details just a member who is on the probation list selling in the modern thread currently. Just seems a problem waiting to happen.

Details?

No real details just a member who is on the probation list selling in the modern thread currently. Just seems a problem waiting to happen.

Who are we talking about here? They changed their username?