• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Sorry for contributing to the NOT Awesome feeling, but in the event Picklepuss should return and be accountable, I wish to submit this info and timeline so that my own incomplete transaction with the seller will be on the record:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6090088&fpart=2

(my purchases on pgs 2 and 4)

Conan #22 VF/NM $8

Conan #8 VG $3

Conan #5 VG/FN $5

Billed total = $16 plus $14 shipping = $30.00

Paid by Paypal 18 October 2012

Shipped according to seller on 22 October 2012

November 18 sent a normal PM in existing thread asking for a confirmation books were mailed.

November 19 sent a separate PM in accordance with PL rules. Duplicates of this PM were sent to 2 other email addresses known to be the seller’s.

“Steve,

Be advised that another Board member has today initiated an action against you in the Probation forum, which could result in yourself being banned from buying or selling on the CGC Boards. I also have not received my books and it is now 30 days since our transaction. If I do not hear from you either in reply to my other emails or here on the Boards within 72 hours of this PM notice I will be forced to take the same action.

Sincerely,

Robert Cookson”

Having received no answer to any of these emails I am going on record as requiring Picklepuss to remain on the PL list until such time as he answers also to this incomplete transaction.

The punchline is this: I’m a forgive and forget kind of guy, and obviously its not about the money, which I spend every day on unhealthy foods and even unhealthier drinks. All I want is communication and an explanation, as I am pretty sure I’m owed both. If the seller does return I leave it open to reasonable discussion what a proper solution would be.

Sorry for contributing to the NOT Awesome feeling, but in the event Picklepuss should return and be accountable, I wish to submit this info and timeline so that my own incomplete transaction with the seller will be on the record:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6090088&fpart=2

(my purchases on pgs 2 and 4)

Conan #22 VF/NM $8

Conan #8 VG $3

Conan #5 VG/FN $5

Billed total = $16 plus $14 shipping = $30.00

Paid by Paypal 18 October 2012

Shipped according to seller on 22 October 2012

November 18 sent a normal PM in existing thread asking for a confirmation books were mailed.

November 19 sent a separate PM in accordance with PL rules. Duplicates of this PM were sent to 2 other email addresses known to be the seller’s.

“Steve,

Be advised that another Board member has today initiated an action against you in the Probation forum, which could result in yourself being banned from buying or selling on the CGC Boards. I also have not received my books and it is now 30 days since our transaction. If I do not hear from you either in reply to my other emails or here on the Boards within 72 hours of this PM notice I will be forced to take the same action.

Sincerely,

Robert Cookson”

Having received no answer to any of these emails I am going on record as requiring Picklepuss to remain on the PL list until such time as he answers also to this incomplete transaction.

The punchline is this: I’m a forgive and forget kind of guy, and obviously its not about the money, which I spend every day on unhealthy foods and even unhealthier drinks. All I want is communication and an explanation, as I am pretty sure I’m owed both. If the seller does return I leave it open to reasonable discussion what a proper solution would be.

Actually you're owed neither an explanation or communication. You're owed money and/or comics. The fact that you'll settle for the former just makes you a nice person, nicer than me.

you guys really think a crook who hasn't replied in 30 days is going to get worried about a threat to be put on a PL on a comic board?

If the person is a crook, no, they are not going to be worried, but in that case its about providing public info so honest people know who to avoid. If the person is not a crook, but made a mistake and seeks to fix it, they have a chance to do so to the general satisfaction of the community. 2c

Actually you're owed neither an explanation or communication. You're owed money and/or comics. The fact that you'll settle for the former just makes you a nice person, nicer than me.

I'm just admitting that I don't really know what happened to my books except that I don't have them. Were they never mailed or were they lost in the mail? At the moment I'm most annoyed that a seller wouldn't think to bother to want to know if I got them. I'm not sure that makes me nicer, but I appreciate the thought.

Question - if two board members do a deal that turns sour outside of the boards can I still put the board member on the probation list?

If I am the buyer and the I make a deal with the seller and then the seller tells another buyer that the piece is sold but then the other buyer makes a higher offer and then the seller comes back to me and asks for more and I refuse and then the seller decides to sell to the other buyer, can I put that seller on the probation list?

I would vote no.

In fact, if no money ever switches hands I would vote no on even the board transactions.

Maybe we need to add a Butthurt section. This could include the deals where we feel our time has been wasted, but that there hasn't actually been a payment made.

HOS - True conman territory. Bad guys who have screwed people over multiple times.

Probation- Someone took my money & it took months to get the think worked out. They fell off the internet after losing a job or a bad family situation & cannot be trusted.

Butthurt- I was the first in the thread to :takeit: . It's my book & the deal didn't get completed for some reason. Did I lose money? No, but I wasted a valuable 2 minutes of my life time. Similar to if you call a comic shop & reserve something, but when you arrive they can't find it or accidently sold it to another customer. Wasted my time.

Sorry, it just seems like people are getting hit up for the probation thread for some pretty minor situations even when they are not bad guys or habitual problems.

Just so I am clear on "not being a bad guy" or "a habitual problem": You are saying that it is OK to make a deal with someone, use that deal to milk a higher offer out of someone else, then use that offer to try and milk more money out of the guy that already has a contract on the book, and when that doesn't work, sell it to the 2nd person?

That, to me, is way worse than just screwing up or welching on a deal. Way, way worse.

I'm not saying it is ok, just that it's not really my idea of a probation offense. It would annoy the heck out of me, but really, if no money was exchanged I would just move on. I guess I've had enough deals fall through in real life that if I'm not being ripped off then I can move on pretty quickly. Losing out on a comic, even if it was bs, shouldn't be such a large deal imo.

Yeah, the milking a higher deal out of a 2nd buyer would certainly say something about the sellers character, but I just don't see it probation worthy like when someone is walking off with peoples money.

It's a hobby & unless someone is stealing something from me, I find it pretty easy to just move on if a deal falls through.

No, you're calling it butthurt, which is the board's wacky fun way of saying "get over it you pussy!"

This.

...and if someone agreed to sell you a book for $1k and then sold it to another person for $1200 then they have stolen your money. Anything over and above the price he agreed to with the first buyer isn't his money, it's the guy money he had the original deal with.

So can I put this person on the probation list? It was a piece of original art and everyone I've shared the story with in the hobby is demanding that I out this board member. He has stopped responding to my emails and I made it clear to him that I was putting him on probation if he did not go through with the deal and that keeping the piece was not a solution.

So can I put this person on the probation list? It was a piece of original art and everyone I've shared the story with in the hobby is demanding that I out this board member. He has stopped responding to my emails and I made it clear to him that I was putting him on probation if he did not go through with the deal and that keeping the piece was not a solution.

If you have solid proof (emails, PM's,etc.) that show you have a solid deal in place to buy that piece of artwork, the deal was started or agreed to on this board, and that this person sold it to someone else for more money, and it's that dead bang then I would say yes.

I think you'd be entitled to the profit he made over and above your contracted and agreed to price as recompense.

If he kept the piece or changed his mind about selling entirely before you had a chance to perform it's a hell of a lot more murky. I am not sure any court would force the sale (specific performance) without some sort of real detrimental reliance on your part, some actual damage to you other than not getting this piece of artwork.

If you have solid proof (emails, PM's,etc.) that show you have a solid deal in place to buy that piece of artwork, the deal was started or agreed to on this board, and that this person sold it to someone else for more money, and it's that dead bang then I would say yes.

I think you'd be entitled to the profit he made over and above your contracted and agreed to price as recompense.

If he kept the piece or changed his mind about selling entirely before you had a chance to perform it's a hell of a lot more murky. I am not sure any court would force the sale (specific performance) without some sort of real detrimental reliance on your part, some actual damage to you other than not getting this piece of artwork.

On the CGC boards, a deal is a deal.

I have solid proof (emails) of the above but as discussed this was off the boards.

I don't think I'm entitled to the profit.

There are no damages. Apparently this isn't the first time this guy has pulled these antics so at this point getting his name out there is beneficial to the hobby and people should know who they're dealing with when they try to do a deal with him.

Anyone is welcome to PM me for the story. I'm not going to out him publicly unless I can put him on the probation list.