• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think the rule of the in-thread really needs to be maintained. Otherwise, you get a situation where someone posts in thread only to find that the deal is off because someone else has PM'd the seller "$100 is too low for that book, I'll give you $125." Once that kind of behavior gets condoned, the selling threads are in real trouble.

That's happened to me twice.

Question - if two board members do a deal that turns sour outside of the boards can I still put the board member on the probation list?

If I am the buyer and the I make a deal with the seller and then the seller tells another buyer that the piece is sold but then the other buyer makes a higher offer and then the seller comes back to me and asks for more and I refuse and then the seller decides to sell to the other buyer, can I put that seller on the probation list?

I would vote no.

In fact, if no money ever switches hands I would vote no on even the board transactions.

Maybe we need to add a Butthurt section. This could include the deals where we feel our time has been wasted, but that there hasn't actually been a payment made.

HOS - True conman territory. Bad guys who have screwed people over multiple times.

Probation- Someone took my money & it took months to get the think worked out. They fell off the internet after losing a job or a bad family situation & cannot be trusted.

Butthurt- I was the first in the thread to :takeit: . It's my book & the deal didn't get completed for some reason. Did I lose money? No, but I wasted a valuable 2 minutes of my life time. Similar to if you call a comic shop & reserve something, but when you arrive they can't find it or accidently sold it to another customer. Wasted my time.

Sorry, it just seems like people are getting hit up for the probation thread for some pretty minor situations even when they are not bad guys or habitual problems.

mandy.jpg

Question - if two board members do a deal that turns sour outside of the boards can I still put the board member on the probation list?

If I am the buyer and the I make a deal with the seller and then the seller tells another buyer that the piece is sold but then the other buyer makes a higher offer and then the seller comes back to me and asks for more and I refuse and then the seller decides to sell to the other buyer, can I put that seller on the probation list?

I would vote no.

In fact, if no money ever switches hands I would vote no on even the board transactions.

Maybe we need to add a Butthurt section. This could include the deals where we feel our time has been wasted, but that there hasn't actually been a payment made.

HOS - True conman territory. Bad guys who have screwed people over multiple times.

Probation- Someone took my money & it took months to get the think worked out. They fell off the internet after losing a job or a bad family situation & cannot be trusted.

Butthurt- I was the first in the thread to :takeit: . It's my book & the deal didn't get completed for some reason. Did I lose money? No, but I wasted a valuable 2 minutes of my life time. Similar to if you call a comic shop & reserve something, but when you arrive they can't find it or accidently sold it to another customer. Wasted my time.

Sorry, it just seems like people are getting hit up for the probation thread for some pretty minor situations even when they are not bad guys or habitual problems.

mandy.jpg

(worship)

I would vote no.

mandy.jpg

(worship)

Guys, I'm not arguing with anyone over this, it's just my opinion that the boards have gotten pretty petty lately & if someone doesn't run off with my $$$ I'm able to get over it.

I understand Logan has a totally different opinion. He tried to bury Quality Comics on the Probation List forever over an $8 Copper X-Men book that was offered to him for free. That's his right under the Probation List rules, but it just seems petty to hold a grudge over such a small transaction in what is supposed to be a loved hobby.

As far as your dog, I certainly respect his opposing opinion.

I would vote no.

Just so I am clear on "not being a bad guy" or "a habitual problem": You are saying that it is OK to make a deal with someone, use that deal to milk a higher offer out of someone else, then use that offer to try and milk more money out of the guy that already has a contract on the book, and when that doesn't work, sell it to the 2nd person?

That, to me, is way worse than just screwing up or welching on a deal. Way, way worse.

I'm not saying it is ok, just that it's not really my idea of a probation offense. It would annoy the heck out of me, but really, if no money was exchanged I would just move on. I guess I've had enough deals fall through in real life that if I'm not being ripped off then I can move on pretty quickly. Losing out on a comic, even if it was bs, shouldn't be such a large deal imo.

Yeah, the milking a higher deal out of a 2nd buyer would certainly say something about the sellers character, but I just don't see it probation worthy like when someone is walking off with peoples money.

It's a hobby & unless someone is stealing something from me, I find it pretty easy to just move on if a deal falls through.

No, you're calling it butthurt, which is the board's wacky fun way of saying "get over it you pussy!"

I would vote no.

mandy.jpg

(worship)

Guys, I'm not arguing with anyone over this, it's just my opinion that the boards have gotten pretty petty lately & if someone doesn't run off with my $$$ I'm able to get over it.

I understand Logan has a totally different opinion. He tried to bury Quality Comics on the Probation List forever over an $8 Copper X-Men book that was offered to him for free. That's his right under the Probation List rules, but it just seems petty to hold a grudge over such a small transaction in what is supposed to be a loved hobby.

Good for you, you're a very strong person. Don't nominate them for the PL then. :shrug:

I would vote no.

mandy.jpg

(worship)

One thing I dislike more than being lied to is being lied about. I never tried to bury him, as a matter of fact I was the first of the people who didn't accept his bribe to say to take him off the list.

Some of us have morals and integrity...some of us seem to wrestle with those concepts.

(thumbs u ( not the good one )

I will now add that after all this, the seller has decided to keep it.

Thoughts? I don't think that's the right thing to do either. I think the right thing to do is to sell me the piece.

I think he should sell you the piece. That was the original deal you two made. (thumbs u BTW, this is not a RMA thumbs up.

Some of us have morals and integrity...some of us seem to wrestle with those concepts.

Obviously, your actions speak louder than your words.

Boom, if someone is willing to renege on an agreed price and deal for a few more $$ they aren't trustworthy and belong on the probation list.

If a seller puts a book up for sale and someone buys it at an agreed price it's sold.

I would vote no.

What you call "butthurt" most jurisdictions would call "actionable".

If you have a deal with someone to buy anything and they break that deal to sell it to someone else for more money, they haven't just wasted your time, they've done something that is wrong, tortious, and as ethically incorrect as many of the actions that have landed folks on this list..

I would vote no.

Just so I am clear on "not being a bad guy" or "a habitual problem": You are saying that it is OK to make a deal with someone, use that deal to milk a higher offer out of someone else, then use that offer to try and milk more money out of the guy that already has a contract on the book, and when that doesn't work, sell it to the 2nd person?

That, to me, is way worse than just screwing up or welching on a deal. Way, way worse.

I'm not saying it is ok, just that it's not really my idea of a probation offense. It would annoy the heck out of me, but really, if no money was exchanged I would just move on. I guess I've had enough deals fall through in real life that if I'm not being ripped off then I can move on pretty quickly. Losing out on a comic, even if it was bs, shouldn't be such a large deal imo.

Yeah, the milking a higher deal out of a 2nd buyer would certainly say something about the sellers character, but I just don't see it probation worthy like when someone is walking off with peoples money.

It's a hobby & unless someone is stealing something from me, I find it pretty easy to just move on if a deal falls through.

No, you're calling it butthurt, which is the board's wacky fun way of saying "get over it you pussy!"

This.

...and if someone agreed to sell you a book for $1k and then sold it to another person for $1200 then they have stolen your money. Anything over and above the price he agreed to with the first buyer isn't his money, it's the guy money he had the original deal with.

Obviously, your actions speak louder than your words.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

I would vote no.

mandy.jpg

:popcorn: