• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I've seen others state it in their sales threads "I have the right to not accept offers from anyone I deem not worthy" or whatever....

Thats why I never put an :takeit: in Sean's threads. I can imagine him biting my head off. He's scary. :eek:

:angel:

I would like to nominate rawisokv - i bought books from his sales thread on 6 Nov and i still can't get a confirmation that they've even been sent. He just keeps saying "sorry for the delay - will get back to you"

I would like to nominate rawisokv - i bought books from his sales thread on 6 Nov and i still can't get a confirmation that they've even been sent. He just keeps saying "sorry for the delay - will get back to you"

Ugh, this one's a bummer.

Ugh, this one's a bummer.

I spoke to rawisokv, and hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow. :wishluck:

Update:

My issue with HIDDEN has now escalated to a dispute with Paypal.

He has removed himself from both threads also.

Can the Probation Thread be updated or do I need to update his name?

JJ

Did you out him yet? Did I miss it?

Update:

JJ

His board name is HIDDEN :shrug:

Update:

JJ

lol I thought we were talking about Hidden

Update:

JJ

He should definitely be added, not sure if you need to wait 30 days/until the PayPal dispute is settled or if he can go on immediately since he has made clear he won't be following through on his obligation.

Update:

JJ

I thought he was putting "Hidden" in place of his name, lol

Like "Redacted", "Bowdlerized", "Expurgated"....ya know? "Hidden".

Update:

JJ

He should definitely be added, not sure if you need to wait 30 days/until the PayPal dispute is settled or if he can go on immediately since he has made clear he won't be following through on his obligation.

The 30 days is in place to work things out and give the offender a chance to do the right thing.

Hidden has clearly stated he will not honor the commitment he made so the 30 days to give him a chance to answer is a moot point.

He can go on the list until he follows through on the transaction he bound himself to.

Update:

JJ

I thought he was putting "Hidden" in place of his name, lol

Like "Redacted", "Bowdlerized", "Expurgated"....ya know? "Hidden".

So did I lol

Anyone have the board names "who" , "what" or "where"?

Anyone have the board names "who" , "what" or "where"?

Who's on first

lol

Who is not on the probation list.

Why?

I don't know if this is probation list worthy, but thought I should provide a heads up in any case.

I bought the WBN complete run in this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=277318&Number=6131742#Post6131742

Negotiations with the seller were very pleasant. He shipped quickly. Packaging was excellent.

However, as I did a spot-check on the condition of the books on receipt, it was clear that many were significantly overgraded. I dropped a line to the seller to that effect. His reply was:

"Sorry if you thought they were over graded. I went by the overstreet grading guide 3rd edition and have used it extensively in the past. I can make it up to you in another deal if you'd like? Anything you are in the hunt for?"

Offering to sell me more stuff is not an ideal solution to an overgrading problem, but I mentioned that I was in the market for ToD and the seller said he'd put a list together.

It was after this exchange of correspondence that I discovered that I was missing one of the books (duplicate of #27 for the record). I sent a message to the seller, who responded with:

"*spoon*.....I don't have any left here either. Went through my whole collection....I think I might have typo'd the damn spreadsheet...."

I messaged again on 30 November asking: "What's your proposed solution? We have significant overgrading on many books and a missing book."

I've heard nothing since from the seller. Shame really, as I think the grading/missing book issues were honest mistakes. Just disappointing that he doesn't want to sort out an equitable solution.

As I say, a heads up in the event he starts another sales thread...

I don't know if this is probation list worthy, but thought I should provide a heads up in any case.

I bought the WBN complete run in this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=277318&Number=6131742#Post6131742

Negotiations with the seller were very pleasant. He shipped quickly. Packaging was excellent.

However, as I did a spot-check on the condition of the books on receipt, it was clear that many were significantly overgraded. I dropped a line to the seller to that effect. His reply was:

"Sorry if you thought they were over graded. I went by the overstreet grading guide 3rd edition and have used it extensively in the past. I can make it up to you in another deal if you'd like? Anything you are in the hunt for?"

Offering to sell me more stuff is not an ideal solution to an overgrading problem, but I mentioned that I was in the market for ToD and the seller said he'd put a list together.

It was after this exchange of correspondence that I discovered that I was missing one of the books (duplicate of #27 for the record). I sent a message to the seller, who responded with:

"*spoon*.....I don't have any left here either. Went through my whole collection....I think I might have typo'd the damn spreadsheet...."

I messaged again on 30 November asking: "What's your proposed solution? We have significant overgrading on many books and a missing book."

I've heard nothing since from the seller. Shame really, as I think the grading/missing book issues were honest mistakes. Just disappointing that he doesn't want to sort out an equitable solution.

As I say, a heads up in the event he starts another sales thread...

I'd give him a little more time (since your last attempt to contact was 7 days ago), but at a minimum the seller should at least offer you a partial refund for the overgrading and the missing book.

I'd give him a little more time (since your last attempt to contact was 7 days ago), but at a minimum the seller should at least offer you a partial refund for the overgrading and the missing book.

+1