• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would be surprised if he even shows up again, at least as picklepuss. He started that sales thread the same day he registered and hasn't posted since, looks like a money grab. I wonder if the other buyers got stiffed, too?

I can answer directly to that. After 30 days I also have not received my books and have had no subsequent contact from the seller. Yesterday and today I have sent multiple emails giving one last chance for the seller to respond. I am not optimistic. The likelihood is that, in addition to now giving Jake my complete sympathy and support here in his process, I will be joining my own to it in the coming days.

I would be surprised if he even shows up again, at least as picklepuss. He started that sales thread the same day he registered and hasn't posted since, looks like a money grab. I wonder if the other buyers got stiffed, too?

I can answer directly to that. After 30 days I also have not received my books and have had no subsequent contact from the seller. Yesterday and today I have sent multiple emails giving one last chance for the seller to respond. I am not optimistic. The likelihood is that, in addition to now giving Jake my complete sympathy and support here in his process, I will be joining my own to it in the coming days.

Looks like I am one of the lucky ones. Got the books I purchased from the seller fairly quickly aftet payment. Good luck guys - hope the seller comes through and makes this right.

With Brent's permission, I'll send a group PM to the people who have not responded, but I am going to wait till Monday.

Sent

Well it's Monday, so I'm reporting as promised.

I've heard from all but one of the people involved in Brent's sale.

No one who contacted me insisted he remain on the probation thread.

Some people had varying suggestions, such as he post why he was on the thread if he has another sales thread, but I think those suggestions came from a post where it was suggested to Brent that he should do that if he REMAINED on the list and had a sales thread. I'm not sure if a few people were confused, or they just thought that was a great idea, anyway.

The consensus of the people who replied my PM thread was that he should be given another chance if he's serious about improving, but that he should not mess up again.

I'm not commenting personally, just relating what the people who answered said.

Pov was also on the thread, so he might have other insights.

Just one more reason that you should have been here a length of time and even X number of posts before selling here.

Then I have a question, I bought a comic from someone here that has over 14,000 that was in Sept. He sent the cgc comic broken, I sent it back he said he would have it fixed and sent back. I have sent him a pm and he has not responded and has posted since I sent the pm. Should I nominate him for the list? This all started back in Sept.

Just one more reason that you should have been here a length of time and even X number of posts before selling here.

Then I have a question, I bought a comic from someone here that has over 14,000 that was in Sept. He sent the cgc comic broken, I sent it back he said he would have it fixed and sent back. I have sent him a pm and he has not responded and has posted since I sent the pm. Should I nominate him for the list? This all started back in Sept.

Yes!

Looks like I am one of the lucky ones. Got the books I purchased from the seller fairly quickly aftet payment. Good luck guys - hope the seller comes through and makes this right.

Maybe something happened to him. The books listed for sale in the original thread don't seem to be the type one would choose to rip people off with. Sorry to those that did not receive their books :(

Yes

With Brent's permission, I'll send a group PM to the people who have not responded, but I am going to wait till Monday.

Sent

Well it's Monday, so I'm reporting as promised.

I've heard from all but one of the people involved in Brent's sale.

No one who contacted me insisted he remain on the probation thread.

Some people had varying suggestions, such as he post why he was on the thread if he has another sales thread, but I think those suggestions came from a post where it was suggested to Brent that he should do that if he REMAINED on the list and had a sales thread. I'm not sure if a few people were confused, or they just thought that was a great idea, anyway.

The consensus of the people who replied my PM thread was that he should be given another chance if he's serious about improving, but that he should not mess up again.

I'm not commenting personally, just relating what the people who answered said.

Pov was also on the thread, so he might have other insights.

I concur. And it was my suggestion that if Qualitycomix was still on the PL but looking like the folks involved were being offered recompense, that he should state that in any sales thread he opened while still on the PL. But as it turns out his efforts have been successful.

I think it is a sucky idea to force one person to have a "I was on the PL List" disclaimer. If we do then it should be enforced for everyone. And I don't see that coming down the road, nor should it.

From the PM thread, which was extensive, my feeling is that Brent should be removed from the PL. Yes he screwed up but he also took great lengths to make up for it.

If anyone directly involved has no objection I will take him off the PL list on 11/21. This will give a couple of days to have this read.

Yes.

Yes (thumbs u

Yes (thumbs u

To the OP, did the seller state he was going to get the book reholdered and return it to you? Is that what you mean when you say "fixed"?

If this is the case, given the backlog at CGC, is it reasonable for him to be able to have accomplished this already?

The non-communication bit is worrying, but is he in the hurricane affected area of the U.S.?

Yes (thumbs u

To the OP, did the seller state he was going to get the book reholdered and return it to you? Is that what you mean when you say "fixed"?

If this is the case, given the backlog at CGC, is it reasonable for him to be able to have accomplished this already?

The non-communication bit is worrying, but is he in the hurricane affected area of the U.S.?

What hurricane? :kidaround:

The reholder service is supposed to take about 15 business days, and is not behind.

Yes (thumbs u

He said he was going bring it to them and then send it back to me. He didn't mention anything about how long it would take to get reholdered. I would have appreciated the communication back to me.