• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I hate to do this, but 2 problems with relatively new boardies has forced me...

1 problem was resolved thanks to mentioning in the Probation Thread and hopefully will be resolved, but another has taken a turn which is unfortunate:

Here is the story:

Recently I offered a pre-sale on Bedlam RRP 9.8 copies. All copies have graded and are on their way to me and all are 9.8.

Hidden (board member I am nominating) purchased the book and sent paypal for the purchase, and as soon as the book arrived to me it would be shipped to him.

Payment was made through Paypal on 11/29/12

Yesterday, I get a PM stating that he would like a refund as his Bedlam RRP that he thought was a 9.2/9.4 came back a 9.8, so he does not need 2 copies of the book. I reflected on it throughout the day, came home to another PM stating I read his PM and he would like his money back.

I replied that the sale was not contingent upon his personal copy receiving a certain grade from CGC and that I would not be offering a refund.

He replied that he was hoping I would 'cut him a break' on it and that is where I thought it ended.

I just received the following Paypal dispute with this information posted in the message box:

"I would like to cancel the transaction. I have contacted the seller and it was stated to me that he has yet to receive the item. I no longer need or want the item and I would like a refund. No merchandise has yet been sent. The seller has not given a definitive time of delivery nor has one been suggested. The sold merchandise is still at a 3rd party location per the seller. Please refund my money at the earliest convenience. I wish not to wait for the merchandise any longer.

Thank you."

I would like to nominate Hidden for the Probation Thread.

I have more questions:

Why submit a modern book you thought was 9.2/9.4 when you have the means to purchase a 9.8 on the market?

How tight of a grader do you have to be on your own books to miss by that much?

Or how loose have CGC standards gotten?

But on to the real issue. I honestly think there are some legit reasons to back out of a deal. This isn't one of them. I can see why he would ask, I would too. But if the seller enforces it (nothing wrong with that), I wouldn't be mad, and I think he should be obligated to go through with it.

PL time

I hate to do this, but 2 problems with relatively new boardies has forced me...

1 problem was resolved thanks to mentioning in the Probation Thread and hopefully will be resolved, but another has taken a turn which is unfortunate:

Here is the story:

Recently I offered a pre-sale on Bedlam RRP 9.8 copies. All copies have graded and are on their way to me and all are 9.8.

Hidden (board member I am nominating) purchased the book and sent paypal for the purchase, and as soon as the book arrived to me it would be shipped to him.

Payment was made through Paypal on 11/29/12

Yesterday, I get a PM stating that he would like a refund as his Bedlam RRP that he thought was a 9.2/9.4 came back a 9.8, so he does not need 2 copies of the book. I reflected on it throughout the day, came home to another PM stating I read his PM and he would like his money back.

I replied that the sale was not contingent upon his personal copy receiving a certain grade from CGC and that I would not be offering a refund.

He replied that he was hoping I would 'cut him a break' on it and that is where I thought it ended.

I just received the following Paypal dispute with this information posted in the message box:

"I would like to cancel the transaction. I have contacted the seller and it was stated to me that he has yet to receive the item. I no longer need or want the item and I would like a refund. No merchandise has yet been sent. The seller has not given a definitive time of delivery nor has one been suggested. The sold merchandise is still at a 3rd party location per the seller. Please refund my money at the earliest convenience. I wish not to wait for the merchandise any longer.

Thank you."

I would like to nominate Hidden for the Probation Thread.

Wow.

All PMs replied to.

I just got this PM reply to me telling him that opening up a Paypal dispute was ridiculous and that a Probation Thread discussion was going to start...

here is it in it's entirety and I have nothing to hide, so not sure what he is talking about...

Hidden Reply:

"I really don't appreciate any threats. That is not appropriate. I understand your frustration, but since you still haven't delivered the items in a timely fashion, I think it is appropriate to ask for a refund. I tried to work this out amicably, but you made a choice and wished to play hard ball. I understand and that is OK. But you should also understand that I have the right to do what I feel is in my best interest. And really? You are going to threaten a probation thread entry. Please go ahead. I will also list in the probation thread exactly what I asked you and what your response was. I really don't think it is advisable to start a war of words. Just refund my money and I will drop it right here. Nothing has been shipped yet, no transaction has been completed.

Thank you,"

The he removed himself from topic...

Probation list and several sellers already notified that have or are doing business with him.

This is not the Wild Wild West people. I have an obligation to live up to as a seller (which I have not neglected) and he has an obligation as a buyer.

All PMs replied to.

I just got this PM reply to me telling him that opening up a Paypal dispute was ridiculous and that a Probation Thread discussion was going to start...

here is it in it's entirety and I have nothing to hide, so not sure what he is talking about...

Hidden Reply:

"I really don't appreciate any threats. That is not appropriate. I understand your frustration, but since you still haven't delivered the items in a timely fashion, I think it is appropriate to ask for a refund. I tried to work this out amicably, but you made a choice and wished to play hard ball. I understand and that is OK. But you should also understand that I have the right to do what I feel is in my best interest. And really? You are going to threaten a probation thread entry. Please go ahead. I will also list in the probation thread exactly what I asked you and what your response was. I really don't think it is advisable to start a war of words. Just refund my money and I will drop it right here. Nothing has been shipped yet, no transaction has been completed.

Thank you,"

The he removed himself from topic...

Probation list and several sellers already notified that have or are doing business with him.

This is not the Wild Wild West people. I have an obligation to live up to as a seller (which I have not neglected) and he has an obligation as a buyer.

His justification for a refund is that delivery wasn't in a timely fashion. Am I correct in assuming he knew the book wasn't in hand and wouldn't be shipped right away?

Hidden Reply:

Thank you,"

So payment was made on 11/29, a Thursday, and now two business days later his complaint is "not delivered in a timely fashion", even though he was aware it was a pre-order, and it is only two days later?

Hidden Reply:

Thank you,"

So payment was made on 11/29, a Thursday, and now two business days later his complaint is "not delivered in a timely fashion", even though he was aware it was a pre-order, and it is only two days later?

Yeah, he (the buyer Hidden) is full of carp.

IMHO the guy needs to suck it up and just pay for the book. I understand his point of view ( I don't agree with it ), but he made a contract and he should honor his word. Worst case scenario is he gets the book and sells off one of the copies he doesn't need.

Edited by Logan510

The problem he had was the book is now selling on ebay for 160ish. pre sell price was $300. If you jump the gun, you have to bite the bullet sometimes. I am.

I hate people like that. I can guarantee that if it was $500 now he wouldnt be sending JJ an extra $200.

The problem he had was the book is now selling on ebay for 160ish. pre sell price was $300. If you jump the gun, you have to bite the bullet sometimes. I am.

So what if the book sold for over $400 when the bidding ended? Does that allow JJ to come back and tell the buyer he sold it too low and wants an additional $100 now or otherwise he won't ship it?

What if the next one sells for higher than $300? eBay is volatile.

When I pre-sell something in my sales thread I try to determine what the book will go for in the future and not oversell to the buyer. I've been doing it for awhile now so nine times out of ten I get it right or close. If I sell a revival third eye for $75 and see the buyer flip it for $200 on eBay I don't get my panties in a bunch over it... Although I keep an eye on who's doing what when it comes to straight flipping. Good for all those others who bought it to keep in their collection and saw the value rise.

I had one buyer have the balls to put a slab up on eBay as soon as he got it in the mail, sold it for double what he paid, then send me a PM asking me if I had more. (yes I watch eBay)

That's class. IMO this place is becoming a joke.

One of the main reasons I didn't pre-sell the NYCC bedlam in 9.8 is that I didn't want to deal with all the flippers on that one. You want it graded? Go ahead and grade it yourself.

There are way too many guys coming into the boards now trying to figure out the next thot thing and trying to capitalize on it - why I instituted the three issue rule on new 9.8 subscriptions, so people would stop trying to get just #1s of indies that thought might be valuable in the near future to flip.

If we don't stick to the deals we make then we are all just a bunch of bloody savages.

I'm watching new board members lately try shock and awe tactics in the modern area as well. Listing newly graded books at nose bleed high prices trying to pick someone off who doesn't know any better, only to reduce them by huge amounts hours later.

I hate people like that. I can guarantee that if it was $500 now he wouldnt be sending JJ an extra $200.

Dammit, took too long to type my response on the iPad

lol

So what if the book sold for over $400 when the bidding ended? Does that allow JJ to come back and tell the buyer he sold it too low and wants an additional $100 now or otherwise he won't ship it?

What if the next one sells for higher than $300? eBay is volatile.

When I pre-sell something in my sales thread I try to determine what the book will go for in the future and not oversell to the buyer. I've been doing it for awhile now so nine times out of ten I get it right or close. If I sell a revival third eye for $75 and see the buyer flip it for $200 on eBay I don't get my panties in a bunch over it... Although I keep an eye on who's doing what when it comes to straight flipping. Good for all those others who bought it to keep in their collection and saw the value rise.

I had one buyer have the balls to put a slab up on eBay as soon as he got it in the mail, sold it for double what he paid, then send me a PM asking me if I had more. (yes I watch eBay)

That's class. IMO this place is becoming a joke.

One of the main reasons I didn't pre-sell the NYCC bedlam in 9.8 is that I didn't want to deal with all the flippers on that one. You want it graded? Go ahead and grade it yourself.

There are way too many guys coming into the boards now trying to figure out the next thot thing and trying to capitalize on it - why I instituted the three issue rule on new 9.8 subscriptions, so people would stop trying to get just #1s of indies that thought might be valuable in the near future to flip.

If we don't stick to the deals we make then we are all just a bunch of bloody savages.

I'm watching new board members lately try shock and awe tactics in the modern area as well. Listing newly graded books at nose bleed high prices trying to pick someone off who doesn't know any better, only to reduce them by huge amounts hours later.

dropshipping :cloud9:

:makepoint:

If he wanted to take the risk the price would drop he should have waited.