• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I've had several instances where in my haste to secure a single copy of a book I've ended up with multiples. I've never once requested a seller cancel a transaction and I simply intend to keep the best looking ones and sell the spare(s). I'll be taking a loss on most of them too probably but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

The problem he had was the book is now selling on ebay for 160ish. pre sell price was $300. If you jump the gun, you have to bite the bullet sometimes. I am.

I hate people like that. I can guarantee that if it was $500 now he wouldnt be sending JJ an extra $200.

If he wanted to take the risk the price would drop he should have waited.

All of this. :)

If the buyer was at all worried about the price fluctuating he should have expressed this concern prior to purchase. Failing that you have to pay to play. :sumo:

On here your reputation is all, if the buyer doesnt pay for the book he will lose a lot more than a few dollars in the long run.

If you throw the :takeit: you should be prepared to pay whatever happens.

No excuses. :sumo:

All PMs replied to.

I just got this PM reply to me telling him that opening up a Paypal dispute was ridiculous and that a Probation Thread discussion was going to start...

here is it in it's entirety and I have nothing to hide, so not sure what he is talking about...

Hidden Reply:

"I really don't appreciate any threats. That is not appropriate. I understand your frustration, but since you still haven't delivered the items in a timely fashion, I think it is appropriate to ask for a refund. I tried to work this out amicably, but you made a choice and wished to play hard ball. I understand and that is OK. But you should also understand that I have the right to do what I feel is in my best interest. And really? You are going to threaten a probation thread entry. Please go ahead. I will also list in the probation thread exactly what I asked you and what your response was. I really don't think it is advisable to start a war of words. Just refund my money and I will drop it right here. Nothing has been shipped yet, no transaction has been completed.

Thank you,"

The he removed himself from topic...

Probation list and several sellers already notified that have or are doing business with him.

This is not the Wild Wild West people. I have an obligation to live up to as a seller (which I have not neglected) and he has an obligation as a buyer.

He's reneged on payment, you've given him a chance to do the right thing, he's reaffirmed his position by doing a paypal chargeback, you've noted the probation list and given him another chance to do the right thing, he's AGAIN reaffirmed his position and refused to pay.

You've confirmed his actions were intentional, given him the opportunity to rectify lest he be placed on the probation list. His refusal to relent and reverse the probation-worthy offense has eliminated the need for the 30 day wait to place him on the list, being that the 30 days is a window of time to work out resolution. He's refused that resolution.

On the list he goes....FIRE IT UP!!!

Get him on this list before he has a chance to do it to someone else...the navel gazing shot-glass length bellend.

I would like to nominate " Edwin (WINTER SOLDIER) " who agreed to purchase $410 worth of comics on 11/7/12. No response to various PM's, total waste of my time.

Man...this probation list just keeps getting longer and longer. Maybe we should just post a list of those buyers and sellers who AREN'T on the list. :D

I would like to nominate " Edwin (WINTER SOLDIER) " who agreed to purchase $410 worth of comics on 11/7/12. No response to various PM's, total waste of my time.

Man...this probation list just keeps getting longer and longer. Maybe we should just post a list of those buyers and sellers who AREN'T on the list. :D

Perhaps a list of superior sellers that have been here for many years, had scores of sales threads, hundreds of sales, ten of thousands of dollars worth of comics sold, and never had a proven negative complaint against them.

Blue ribbon seller list!

All PMs replied to.

I just got this PM reply to me telling him that opening up a Paypal dispute was ridiculous and that a Probation Thread discussion was going to start...

here is it in it's entirety and I have nothing to hide, so not sure what he is talking about...

Hidden Reply:

"I really don't appreciate any threats. That is not appropriate. I understand your frustration, but since you still haven't delivered the items in a timely fashion, I think it is appropriate to ask for a refund. I tried to work this out amicably, but you made a choice and wished to play hard ball. I understand and that is OK. But you should also understand that I have the right to do what I feel is in my best interest. And really? You are going to threaten a probation thread entry. Please go ahead. I will also list in the probation thread exactly what I asked you and what your response was. I really don't think it is advisable to start a war of words. Just refund my money and I will drop it right here. Nothing has been shipped yet, no transaction has been completed.

Thank you,"

Probation list and several sellers already notified that have or are doing business with him.

This is not the Wild Wild West people. I have an obligation to live up to as a seller (which I have not neglected) and he has an obligation as a buyer.

The really stupid part is that the removed himself from the topic, thereby deleting the PM from his inbox and any cache of "ammunition" for his "war of words."

Perhaps a list of superior sellers that have been here for many years, had scores of sales threads, hundreds of sales, ten of thousands of dollars worth of comics sold, and never had a proven negative complaint against them.

Blue ribbon seller list!

Blue ribbon buyer list wouldn't hurt either but it's all pretty subjective.

All PMs replied to.

Hidden Reply:

Thank you,"

The really stupid part is that the removed himself from the topic, thereby deleting the PM from his inbox and any cache of "ammunition" for his "war of words."

Yes, quite.

It seems that this chap's nutz are extraordinarily numb.

I know post count or join date isn't a perfect criteria for buying or selling here, but more and more I'm thinking we need some way to regulate sales here. Wintersoldier has 7 posts.

A reasonable post count at least represents some skin in the game and some knowledge of board behavior and etiquette.

I know post count or join date isn't a perfect criteria for buying or selling here, but more and more I'm thinking we need some way to regulate sales here. Wintersoldier has 7 posts.

A reasonable post count at least represents some skin in the game and some knowledge of board behavior and etiquette.

I disagree. A tool is a tool no matter how long they've been here, some people just aren't wired correctly. I know it will never happen, but I wouldn't mind if the PL went away all together and some of these guys went straight to the HoS.

I'm still not a fan of this. I don't believe that a post count will help, and I don't like the idea of forcing people to become friends with us before they can do business with us.

Blue ribbon seller list!

Blue ribbon buyer list wouldn't hurt either but it's all pretty subjective.

Flaming_Telepath proposed a kind of preferred sellers list once. The idea didn't go over too well. I can't find the thread right now.

Blue ribbon seller list!

There is the kudos list already.

I'm not sure, but I think as a seller you can place restrictions on your sale that you think are reasonable.

E.G.

No international

No paypal/only paypal

No probation or hall of shame

No one with less than 250 posts

etc.

You might lose SOME business, but its really up to you. Just be up front and clear.

I'm not sure, but I think as a seller you can place restrictions on your sale that you think are reasonable.

E.G.

No international

No paypal/only paypal

No probation or hall of shame

No one with less than 250 posts

etc.

You might lose SOME business, but its really up to you. Just be up front and clear.

And as a seller you always have the right to decline an offer. (as long as you state that in your rules). I've seen others state it in their sales threads "I have the right to not accept offers from anyone I deem not worthy" or whatever....