• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'd give him a little more time (since your last attempt to contact was 7 days ago), but at a minimum the seller should at least offer you a partial refund for the overgrading and the missing book.

+1

Unfortunate as it is, monetary compensation for overgrading on something like this is really the worse end of the deal. If you are wanting a Fine copy of a book(s), and purchase them with the intention of the grade being Fine, and when it's not - you not only have a book in a grade you don't want, but you have to buy another book in your preferred grade (and pay for additional shipping), and then try and sell your undercopy usuallyy less than what you bought it for (because of the lower grade). I always attempt to return the book(s) because of the hassle it creates by keeping them.

Not trying to throw the seller under the bus, just my 2c based on similar situations.

But, have faith - I have had sellers come through and make things right for me on bulk run purchases! And on Ebay, no less!

Anyone have the board names "who" , "what" or "where"?

Who's on first

lol

Who is not on the probation list.

Me :hi: at least not yet.

Try harder. :baiting:

Update:

My issue with HIDDEN has now escalated to a dispute with Paypal.

He has removed himself from both threads also.

Can the Probation Thread be updated or do I need to update his name?

JJ

He should definitely be added, not sure if you need to wait 30 days/until the PayPal dispute is settled or if he can go on immediately since he has made clear he won't be following through on his obligation.

The 30 days is in place to work things out and give the offender a chance to do the right thing.

Hidden has clearly stated he will not honor the commitment he made so the 30 days to give him a chance to answer is a moot point.

He can go on the list until he follows through on the transaction he bound himself to.

I agree. The rules are explicit about this. Given that, the real issue is the 72hr rule. If he has not responded to the complaint here within 72hrs of the first post he goes on the list automatically. That is how I read the rules.

Anyone have the board names "who" , "what" or "where"?

Who's on first

lol

Who is not on the probation list.

Me :hi: at least not yet.

Try harder. :baiting:

hm

Not on MY thread!!!

Wait for geggy to have a sales thread.

I would like to nominate rawisokv - i bought books from his sales thread on 6 Nov and i still can't get a confirmation that they've even been sent. He just keeps saying "sorry for the delay - will get back to you"

Ugh, this one's a bummer.

I spoke to rawisokv, and hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow. :wishluck:

(shrug)

I would like to nominate rawisokv - i bought books from his sales thread on 6 Nov and i still can't get a confirmation that they've even been sent. He just keeps saying "sorry for the delay - will get back to you"

Ugh, this one's a bummer.

I spoke to rawisokv, and hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow. :wishluck:

(shrug)

:( Sorry man. I just tried again.

Update:

My issue with HIDDEN has now escalated to a dispute with Paypal.

He has removed himself from both threads also.

Can the Probation Thread be updated or do I need to update his name?

JJ

Did you out him yet? Did I miss it?

His board name is HIDDEN :shrug:

Not anymore.

I am not sure whether to suggest someone for the probation list or not and I would be very appreciative for some assistance in this matter.

About a month ago, someone posted a :takeit: in my sales thread and at thread close, I sent a PM thanking them and giving Paypal information for the books they wanted. Their total was only $23 but still my assumption is that the amount doesn't matter with non-payment.

After five days of no response and having seen they read it after the first day, I PM'd again giving them the option of backing out if they were no longer interested stating that I wanted to sell the book. The buyer responded that they were new to Paypal and asked if they could send a check.

No problem. I gave the address and they stated they would send it out the next day.

Fast forward ten days and still no check. I PM asking about it. Fast forward another six days and I get a response that they were on vacation and it was sent. So after saying they checked and it wasn't cashed they offer to pay with their new paypal account.

I give my payment information and a week later no payment and no communication from the buyer. I send one last PM stating I want to re-list the book and the buyer has not read the message or been on the boards since.

Is this probation worthy? Is the amount too low or the time frame too short?

I really want to just re-list the book at this point and move on but without their go ahead to do so I am not sure if I can by rule.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I am not sure whether to suggest someone for the probation list or not and I would be very appreciative for some assistance in this matter.

About a month ago, someone posted a :takeit: in my sales thread and at thread close, I sent a PM thanking them and giving Paypal information for the books they wanted. Their total was only $23 but still my assumption is that the amount doesn't matter with non-payment.

After five days of no response and having seen they read it after the first day, I PM'd again giving them the option of backing out if they were no longer interested stating that I wanted to sell the book. The buyer responded that they were new to Paypal and asked if they could send a check.

No problem. I gave the address and they stated they would send it out the next day.

Fast forward ten days and still no check. I PM asking about it. Fast forward another six days and I get a response that they were on vacation and it was sent. So after saying they checked and it wasn't cashed they offer to pay with their new paypal account.

I give my payment information and a week later no payment and no communication from the buyer. I send one last PM stating I want to re-list the book and the buyer has not read the message or been on the boards since.

I really want to just re-list the book at this point and move on but without their go ahead to do so I am not sure if I can by rule.

It is probation worthy.

I believe you have fulfiled every obligation. I think youre free to out them, add them to probation, and relist your book. (thumbs u

Do I need to tell them I am recommending them for probation first or just post their name here and be done with it?
Send a new PM telling him you have brought this up here. I believe he has 72 hours to present his case. If he doesn't, you can add him to the list.