• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I agree with the full disclosure on the sale. The rest is irrelevant unless you're trying to imply he would owe Foxy GPA based on grade? I'd have to disagree with that.

No. Just the difference between Anfield's price and the sale price.

All of the information I asked for is relevant to independently determine which book this was exactly, when it was slabbed, sold and at what price.

Given the number of times the story changed checking this out for ourselves is the only way this gets resolved with certainty.

Gotcha. Irrelevant to the required actions to make it right but relevant to ensure the details of the transaction. (thumbs u

Does any of it matter now? Knowing all the facts, would anyone here buy something from this guy again, even if he "made it right"?

It matters. Regardless of anyone's willingness or unwillingness to deal with this person, Anfield is owed something to even this transaction.

And frankly, according to the PL rules the guy on the probation list deserves a chance to redeem himself.

Does any of it matter now? Knowing all the facts, would anyone here buy something from this guy again, even if he "made it right"?

It matters. Regardless of anyone's willingness or unwillingness to deal with this person, Anfield is owed something to even this transaction.

For sure. I meant Soup trying to clear this up so he can sell or buy here. I don't think he is going to do anything for Fox either way. Anyone who backs out of a deal like that and then changes names should be put in the HOS 2c

I don't see anything close to the HOS. There's even some dispute as to whether the deal was consummated. Most worrying to me is deleting a PM in the middle/end of a deal and then ignoring Anfield's follow up PM. Once could be an accident, twice is a deliberate car crash.

I agree with the full disclosure on the sale. The rest is irrelevant unless you're trying to imply he would owe Foxy GPA based on grade? I'd have to disagree with that.

No. Just the difference between Anfield's price and the sale price.

All of the information I asked for is relevant to independently determine which book this was exactly, when it was slabbed, sold and at what price.

Given the number of times the story changed checking this out for ourselves is the only way this gets resolved with certainty.

Gotcha. Irrelevant to the required actions to make it right but relevant to ensure the details of the transaction. (thumbs u

At this point I don't think we need to "independently" determine anything "for ourselves" - I think Rupp said it best - work it out with Anfield Fox.

I think one of the annoyances resulting in this nomination was A-F passing on another copy of the same book because he thought he had a deal with Soup guy.

I think the damage issue is between the nominator and nominee. The facts you've asked him to gather are pertinent to him working it out with Anfield Fox but they don't need to be publicly disclosed.

Thanks for having my back guys.

Soup1998 sent me a PM to see if i would remove him from the PL. I've given him two options and am waiting for his response.

Still haven't found an IM 55 and would be more than happy to complete the transaction or as others have suggested, the differance in price he profited by ignoring my PM after a deal was made and selling to someone else for more.

My name is Matt by the way, not sure where Andy came from.

Soup1998 sent me a PM to see if i would remove him from the PL. I've given him two options and am waiting for his response.

Still haven't found an IM 55 and would be more than happy to complete the transaction or as others have suggested, the differance in price he profited by ignoring my PM after a deal was made and selling to someone else for more.

Hope it all works out Andy-Matt :grin:

If Soup makes is right, then hopefully he will become a positive contributor to the boards.

Honestly the only thing that bothers me about Soup (since I haven't had monetary dealings with him), is the changing of the Board name. He obviously wants to make the attempt to make things right with Matt, so why change the name in a time like this.. or whenever he changed it.

Just seems like the Mods or someone could detect who is placed on the probation list and then attempts to come back under a different user name.

I mean case in point... Tiny came back under a shill and they popped him in "seconds".

I know the probie list is a more "self-policed" entity (according to POV), but I just wish Mods would keep more of a watchful eye on it just to keep us in the know... of course if he used a different IP address, I'm assuming there isn't a way to know unless someone figures it out.

Hope it all works out Andy-Matt :grin:

If Soup makes is right, then hopefully he will become a positive contributor to the boards.

Honestly the only thing that bothers me about Soup (since I haven't had monetary dealings with him), is the changing of the Board name. He obviously wants to make the attempt to make things right with Matt, so why change the name in a time like this.. or whenever he changed it.

Just seems like the Mods or someone could detect who is placed on the probation list and then attempts to come back under a different user name.

I mean case in point... Tiny came back under a shill and they popped him in "seconds".

I know the probie list is a more "self-policed" entity (according to POV), but I just wish Mods would keep more of a watchful eye on it just to keep us in the know... of course if he used a different IP address, I'm assuming there isn't a way to know unless someone figures it out.

Rupp, he changed his name right around the time this went down. So shady and so disdainful of the Boards and the process.

Soup1998 was what I used growing up and after I opened the account (thought user name was tied to email) . Again I was a newbie (on these forums) not in this hobby and still did not understand how this whole tho worked.

Are you saying it was a coincidence you changed your name right after the botched deal with Matt?

If it was up to this guy there would be no 2nd chances in life. Now I know why mike Vick is still paying for what he did.

You get a 2nd chance when you fix your bad deal. Up to now, it has been nothing but remorseless burblings. So, again, fix it with Matt, and you will get off the list. Until then, you get what you asked for. Also, aligning yourself with Mike Vick is awesome.

Soup1998 was what I used growing up and after I opened the account (thought user name was tied to email) . Again I was a newbie (on these forums) not in this hobby and still did not understand how this whole tho worked.

Are you saying it was a coincidence you changed your name right after the botched deal with Matt?

That is what he is trying to get you to believe. Just like he tried to get everyone to believe that he didn't sell AF the comic, and he didn't understand the PM system, and he didn't understand the probation list.

Yet, somehow, he figured out exactly how to get a name change on the Boards right after he went on the PL.

We all fell off a bunch of different turnip trucks, apparently.

I understand everyone wants to be fair but given the facts(and my gut feeling) in his brief time on the forums, Soup is just going to wind up back here if he is let off the hook.

There have been a lot of new buyers in the past 6 months spending a lot of money here and they aren't going to know all this happened if he is allowed to buy/sell here.

I understand everyone wants to be fair but given the facts(and my gut feeling) in his brief time on the forums, Soup is just going to wind up back here if he is let off the hook.

There have been a lot of new buyers in the past 6 months spending a lot of money here and they aren't going to know all this happened if he is allowed to buy/sell here.

Well, he has the right to square this up and get off the list. He just needs to stop talking about it and do it. If he winds up back here, it will be bad for him.