• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

sorry what is forumite? I never reneged on anything, I removed myself from the subject and had no knowledge the person wanted the book, we can agree to disagree on that. I told everyone because people like you are judas to people like me.

Suck it crybaby. You gave this whole process the bird now someone won't deal with you and you want to try to weasel your way off. I was never your friend or your follower so the Judas reference is just stupid. Handle your business.

No not forced to deal with this just wanted to get this cleared up and figuring out how. It based on principal and was just shocked to hear how this system works.

The system here is the same as anywhere.

There was offer and acceptance which created a contract. There was then a breach of contract which generated damages. To get off the list, you need to repay the injured party the actual damages.

Purchased a comic from longdillon1 and paid in full on the 28th of February.

Received a reply to my messages around once a week. The payment was picked up fine via WU and seller acknowledged picking up the payment. Said he will ship on Monday Mar 11 2013.

Still no explicit confirmation that he shipped the book to me.

I propose placing him on the probation list if I do not get a reply within a week or the book does not arrive within the same time.

I brought up this person earlier. He placed a deposit of $70 on about $1500 worth of books, with 3 months to pay the balance. He wasn't able to. He lost his deposit, and I resold the books.

Here is what Soup-Boy said as well:

Based on principal I would rather stay on the list if this is the type of community the board has come to.

I will agree to disagree but I never agreed to the deal and no one has still yet included the entire message from the begining only pieces of it.

Perhaps Soup Boy could include the entire message from the beginning. :whee:

Sorry I removed myself from the subject long time ago, before I agreed to a transaction so I had no idea anything was still going on. Again apparently there are more folks here that know about the situation then I do, I just need to know how to make it right.

Again, the book was pressed, graded and sold for around $730ish. It has been past the 90 day mark so I don't have anymore history in feebay.

You sold it on ebay? What date was the sale? What was the auction listing number? What was the cert number on the slab?

So basically the solution is to pay someone off because of mistake of removing myself from a subject?

This place is amazing and makes me feel like HS again with all the bullying and the way people are judged.

Again this is all because I asked for help with a grade and someone wanted to buy it from me instead.

No. This is all because you decided to break a deal you offered, that you pretended didn't happen, that you reneged on after it was accepted. That's why "All this".

You made an offer, he accepted that offer, THEN you removed yourself.

Once you made that offer and he accepted it didn't matter if you moved to Mars, plugged your ears and sang the "wheels on the bus" song as loud as you could...you could not unilaterally change the agreement you offered and that he accepted before you "changed your mind."

You made a deal, stick to it, or make it right some other way, if you can't do either then don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

What time frame did this occur so I can look through my paypal transactions so I can find the difference to pay this guy off.

Post your ebay name, the cert number of the slab, the date of the auction, and the ebay listing number and we'll help that along for you.

No not forced to deal with this just wanted to get this cleared up and figuring out how. It based on principal and was just shocked to hear how this system works.

All of this was brought up the first time. The way to fix it was brought up then. It was the same time you denied you ever PM'd with Anfield at all, and the same time you said you removed yourself from the PM before any deal was made (which is impossible given that it would have prevented Anfield from responding to your offer as he's posted here).

I am having a hard time buying the wide-eyed "who me?" when all of this was discussed the first time, and the story changed a few times before you gave up and decided to change your name instead of fix this.

You're so mean man. ;)

I really enjoy the sig line.

At this point he needs to disclose, fully, the details of his sale to another party to clear this up.

He was selling the book to Anfield as a 9.4, did it grade 9.4? If not what was the grade?

I agree with the full disclosure on the sale. The rest is irrelevant unless you're trying to imply he would owe Foxy GPA based on grade? I'd have to disagree with that.

I agree with the full disclosure on the sale. The rest is irrelevant unless you're trying to imply he would owe Foxy GPA based on grade? I'd have to disagree with that.

No. Just the difference between Anfield's price and the sale price.

All of the information I asked for is relevant to independently determine which book this was exactly, when it was slabbed, sold and at what price.

Given the number of times the story changed checking this out for ourselves is the only way this gets resolved with certainty.

Does any of it matter now? Knowing all the facts, would anyone here buy something from this guy again, even if he "made it right"?

It matters. Regardless of anyone's willingness or unwillingness to deal with this person, Anfield is owed something to even this transaction.

Does any of it matter now? Knowing all the facts, would anyone here buy something from this guy again, even if he "made it right"?

It matters. Regardless of anyone's willingness or unwillingness to deal with this person, Anfield is owed something to even this transaction.

For sure. I meant Soup trying to clear this up so he can sell or buy here. I don't think he is going to do anything for Fox either way. Anyone who backs out of a deal like that and then changes names should be put in the HOS 2c