• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

hey I.was just informed about this thread and zombizzy. he didn't answer me for a few days but eventuallymade the payment. I'll follow up once he receives the books from me. I mean it took over a week for a $21 payment so.

over a week? claimed books 4/12 and payed 4/17

i really wanted to just let this blow over without ever having to say anything in my defense because I've never had any trouble with anyone at all in the boards, but this is just silly. anytime i have been the buyer in a sale i have promptly paid when invoiced as soon as possible. only once have i been late with a payment and it was a lost pm, that with a bump everything was sorted and apologies were issued for the misunderstanding. i haven't had many sales here, about ten to fifteen and they've all gone smoothly except for the mentioned above sale.

some people just love dropping names.

the boardie nominating me wants to do it because apparently i sent him a book in a grade lower that i had specified. we have exchanged photos and truthfully there's no way i'll offer a refund on a book i'm not sure it's the same one i sent. only thing i can do is be more careful with my photographs and scans, pointing out every single aspect of the book. and please, friends, i know we like to look out for each other, but until there's definitive proof of wrongdoing or mischief, there's no reason to badmouth. this is a really cool place and i plan on being a part of it for a long time.

Edited by zombizzy

hey I.was just informed about this thread and zombizzy. he didn't answer me for a few days but eventuallymade the payment. I'll follow up once he receives the books from me. I mean it took over a week for a $21 payment so.

over a week? claimed books 4/12 and payed 4/17

i really wanted to just let this blow over without ever having to say anything in my defense because I've never had any trouble with anyone at all in the boards, but this is just silly. anytime i have been the buyer in a sale i have promptly paid when invoiced as soon as possible. only once have i been late with a payment and it was a lost pm, that with a bump everything was sorted and apologies where issued for the misunderstanding. i haven't had many sales here, about ten to fifteen and they've all gone smoothly except for the mentioned above sale.

some people just love dropping names.

the boardie nominating me wants to do it because apparently i sent him a book in a grade lower that i had specified. we have exchanged photos and truthfully there's no way i'll offer a refund on a book i'm not sure it's the same one i sent. only thing i can do is be more careful with my photographs and scans, pointing out every single aspect of the book. and please, friends, i know we like to look out for each other, but until there's definitive proof of wrongdoing or mischief, there's no reason to badmouth. this is a really cool place and i plan on being a part of it for a long time.

You also have to deal with the A.Romeo post above. Good luck.

Edited by seanfingh

He said you ignored him, and never replied to his complaint.

How do I nominate someone to be put on the HOS list? Does sending a book not in the condition advertised warrant this? The person will not respond to my messages either but I see him interacting on the msg boards with other members. Its been almost a month and I have PM'd him several times with no response. Boardie is Zombizzy

I always enjoy the response "I can't offer a refund because I'm not sure it's the same book". Assuming others are scammers says quite a bit about the seller.

I always enjoy the response "I can't offer a refund because I'm not sure it's the same book". Assuming others are scammers says quite a bit about the seller.

I had the same feeling when I read this. It is a very serious thing to suggest and is unlikely to make a good resolution to this any easier.

I had the same feeling when I read this. It is a very serious thing to suggest and is unlikely to make a good resolution to this any easier.

seriously, what do you guys suggest? should i just cut my losses and receive a returned damaged book? would you even take a book back that was possibly damaged during shipping? we've been over the photos already.

even if it's really between me and the other boardie, it's uncomfortable reading other people's opinions who know only a portion of the facts.

should i just cut my losses and receive a returned damaged book? would you even take a book back that was possibly damaged during shipping?

Well, um yes and yes.

I am sure their will be more comments from others, too. :)

My thought is as follows. Until the book reaches the buyer it is the sellers responsibility. It is the job of the seller to pack the book in such a way that it should not be damaged in shipment. Personally I would either offer a partial refund to the point that would make the buyer feel good at the level of the book they received and not what was supposed to be purchased or offer a full refund minus return shipping. Just my 2c

anytime i have been the buyer in a sale i have promptly paid when invoiced as soon as possible. only once have i been late with a payment and it was a lost pm, that with a bump everything was sorted and apologies where issued for the misunderstanding.

To be fair, it was about a month after invoiced with total that you responded that you had forgot. Another month later is when you paid :makepoint:

this is a really cool place and i plan on being a part of it for a long time.

Being member of the community for a long time, isn't the same as being a respected member of the community. Make things right with your buyers when there is disagreement and move on. :preach:

My thought is as follows. Until the book reaches the buyer it is the sellers responsibility. It is the job of the seller to pack the book in such a way that it should not be damaged in shipment. Personally I would either offer a partial refund to the point that would make the buyer feel good at the level of the book they received and not what was supposed to be purchased or offer a full refund minus return shipping. Just my 2c

this is the kind of post that helps resolve problems, especially for a relatively new member. i've started negotiations with the other boardie, let's hope it goes well.

+1, it's the sellers job to make things right. That's the price of doing business. What if he did not get it at all? Would you not give a full refund?

of course i would, friend! and in light of this, i am trying to make things right with the buyer.

This is a better reply. :applause: Next time, don't wait for someone to post here, before taking appropriate actions.

+1

Busting out the "how can I be sure you didn't switch the book"-card is never the correct way to approach a situation like this.

I have no idea about this specific situation, but there are situations where concerns about a switch may be justifiable.

And now hopefully you live and learn. :)

Returns suck. We all know that. If you never want returns then never sell anything. Assuming you wish to sell then learn to minimize the returns with good communication and even better packaging.

My 1st eBay sale was my childhood Xmen 101. Easy 9.8 mailed in a bubble envelope with "Please do not bend" written on it. :cry:

I have no idea about this specific situation, but there are situations where concerns about a switch may be justifiable.

But are rarely if ever worth thinking about.

But are rarely if ever worth thinking about.

What I don't understand about this is why not simply offer a full refund upon the return of the book. If there was a switch is the buyer going to send back the bogus book? Probably not, since the seller would then have material proof of bad faith. I guess I would need someone to explain to me the situations in which a "switch" becomes a plausible scam. (shrug)

Again have no idea with the specifics of this, but if they sent u pics of a damaged book that doesn't look like pics you have of the book you sent, that's a concern. Like small ticks in different places, or maybe a little mark you remember that isnt in the damaged copy theyre showing u. Not saying its a great or common scam, but just that there in some cases there are circumstances where you might be concerned.

seriously, what do you guys suggest? should i just cut my losses and receive a returned damaged book?

would you even take a book back that was possibly damaged during shipping? we've been over the photos already.

Quite simply, yes.

I've only had one book that I sold arrived damaged. Something crushed the corner of the box. Told the guy to keep the book and refunded the entire $90.

I sold a Amazing Fantasy 15 in poor condition and when the buyer submitted it to cgc it came back married cover. I gave him his money back, all the shipping costs from me to him to cgc back to him back to me, plus the express cgc grading fee.

It sucks but if someone isn't happy I want to know and I want to fix it. Nothing is more important than your reputation.