• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Should probation discussions include botched private signings?

depends on the type of botch? and/or the attempts to remedy the situation?

Good point.

At what level does it become botched? Once the book is signed there's no going back. There was the recent "For EBay" signing and in that case can you hold the facilitator responsible at all?

Maybe we could start adding artists and other creators to the probation list. That could only help them love the SS program more. hm

There was the recent "For EBay" signing and in that case can you hold the facilitator responsible at all?
From what I heard, the person signing was being a total *Fill in blank here*.

It is an accepted risk when you have someone scribble on your comic. Smudges, creases, bends, etc may occur as a result. If the facilitator damages the book, or loses the book or some other tragedy befalls the book while in their possession, than yes, it's a risk the facilitator makes by acting in that capacity.

If a tool box artist, writes his snarky wildly_fanciful_statement, or a famous comic creator draws a cockroach on the cover, tough titties.

On 3/13/13, I agreed to buy two NM+ copies of PP 3 and two NM+ copies of PP 4. The books arrived approximately 2 weeks later from Puerto Rico b/c the seller decided to ship them via media mail.

Nevertheless, it took me around another two weeks to open the package only to discover that the books had come loose during shipping and were not as described. One of the PP 3 was a VF/NM at best and the other maybe a 9.2. The two PP 4's are probably 9.4s to 9.6 on a good day. So four books purchased, only one correctly graded.

I alerted the seller of this, informing him that I wanted to return the books for a refund and that I would pay the return shipping. This notification was sent via PM on 4/12/13. I even offered to place $4 in the box to cover his shipping costs (b/c he cheaped out and went media)

His response the next day was "Do you have a kudos thread?" :shrug:

I do and provided the link. He informed me that he does not do refunds and offered to "knock a few $ off the price of one of the PP 3s." This was on 4/19 (6 days later)

I responded that he wasn't going to make friends with that stance and I could press the issue w/a PP chargeback. I have yet to do so but it is an option. This message was read on 4/19 but no response to date.

I PMed him again last night to ask if he had decided on any resolution. The PM has not been read.

The boardie is zombizzy and apparently this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

Since it hasn't been 30 days since I opened the books, I cannot nominate him for the PL. Just putting this out there so that A.Romeo and others claims are validated.

If a tool box artist, writes his snarky wildly_fanciful_statement, or a famous comic creator draws a cockroach on the cover, tough titties.

Exactly

Like when you hire a tattoo artist to write "thug life" on your back and he writes "open all night" with an arrow pointing towards your butt crack instead.

I do and provided the link. He informed me that he does not do refunds and offered to "knock a few $ off the price of one of the PP 3s." This was on 4/19 (6 days later)

Another newbie seller who is trying to offload hot books, can't grade and doesn't take returns? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Sorry to hear about problems - hope he decides to man up and do the right thing :foryou:

Maybe we could start adding artists and other creators to the probation list. That could only help them love the SS program more. hm

Go for it. (thumbs u

There was the recent "For EBay" signing and in that case can you hold the facilitator responsible at all?

Which is why I picked the example. Clearly no fault of the facilitator but the result is undesirable. If the facilitator got the book signed in the wrong colour for example through his own doing would you expect compensation?

Which is why I picked the example. Clearly no fault of the facilitator but the result is undesirable. If the facilitator got the book signed in the wrong colour for example through his own doing would you expect compensation?

I guess it depends.

Was the different color something that was identified as a deal breaker from the get go?

I've seen people have markers run dry and be left whatever they had left. So it was a choice between getting and not getting a sig.

The specific terms of the deal would be needed to make that call.

Of course if anyone actually attempted to put a facilitator on the probation list for using the wrong color they will probably find themselves on a list of their own, lol and doing all their own books themselves from that point on. I can't imagine who would want to deal with someone who is that kind of trouble even if they made a couple bucks on the book as a fee.

Your constant logic severely hampers my attempts to pad my post count. :taptaptap:

Next time I will drag my feet next time and let a melee of post count padding ensue before I jump in, I swear. :grin:

I don't know. Can I cheat off from someone elses paper? :grin:

I can't say that I've ever seen ANY SS facilitator offer a guarantee on the color of a signature. I'm not saying it's never happened but I can't see anyone putting it out there as guaranteed. 2c

I can't say that I've ever seen ANY SS facilitator offer a guarantee on the color of a signature. I'm not saying it's never happened but I can't see anyone putting it out there as guaranteed. 2c

That's true.

From my experience there has been more than one creator with a touch of OCD or was a germ-o-phobe and would only use his own marker. That's just one of the many possible things that can happen when trying to get books signed.

When i was in 8th grade, i broke my wrist and everyone wanted to sign my cast. My favorite color was yellow so I had a neon yellow cast and only let people sign with a highlighter. that showed 'em