• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I have a question. I made a deal and sent payment for a book in mid December. Last week, because it was taking too long for me, we mutually agreed to cancel the deal and a refund would be sent. Still no word after a follow up PM was sent.

Should I give 30 days from when the agreement for refund was made?

I have a question. I made a deal and sent payment for a book in mid December. Last week, because it was taking too long for me, we mutually agreed to cancel the deal and a refund would be sent. Still no word after a follow up PM was sent.

Should I give 30 days from when the agreement for refund was made?

IMO yes. The mutual decision to cancel the original deal reset the 30 day clock. 2c

User said he never had PayPal. I offered to pay via WU since he had a positive kudos thread.

I hope this works out for you and you either get a refund or the book. This is why I think the kudos thread is worthless. It is not a feedback thread but a kudos thread - all you find there is positive feedback hence the name - Kudos Thread. We have the probation list which is the other end of the spectrum. Not intended to be a statement on your use of the kudos - just a statement in general 2c

Again, good luck :wishluck:

User said he never had PayPal. I offered to pay via WU since he had a positive kudos thread.

That's why paying with WU is always a crapshoot.

Did you contact other buyers in his thread and see if they recieved their books?

yea, paying with WU ? I mean it dont take much to get a paypal account. Sound like a red flag deal !!!....Sorry you have to deal with that. good luck to you on getting the book or getting a refund.

That's why paying with WU is always a crapshoot.

Did you contact other buyers in his thread and see if they recieved their books?

All said they received their books in reasonable times, that's why I'm more confused.

All said they received their books in reasonable times, that's why I'm more confused.

A month is getting towards a long time, but shipping from the US to Oz has slowed right down recently. A minimum of three weeks is now standard and it can sometimes take longer.

Though I would have thought a high value book would warrant a speedier option.

That is patently false. The seller sent me an invoice through PayPal for my purchase. I received my package within a week and left positive Kudos. My experience was perfectly normal and proper. As the seller is responding, perhaps this is just a case of late shipment and slow Aussie delivery. I hope so anyway. I can't imagine he would respond if he was duping anybody.

Did you get your book yet Joseph?

Its odd as hell that others received their books but yet you haven't and he's apparently refusing to provide you tracking. Between that and the fact he asked you to use WU not PP when others paid via PP is very, VERY suspicious.

Sorry man, i hope you get your book or money back :wishluck:

User said he never had PayPal.
That is a lie! (thumbs u

User lies about paypal. Buyer pays using a method that provides zero protection. Book hasn't shown. Seller doesn't provide tracking # on a high value book. Seller ignores questions repeatedly and now seems to be MIA. This looks very bad.

Looking at the lengthy probation list and HOS is disturbing. There are many positive transactions here but more and more I think this is becoming a dangerous place to buy and sell. I think it is time that we require sellers to belong to the boards for a fixed period of time and make a minimum # of posts or have a long standing member vouch for them..

Perhaps write it into our Usage Guidelines and post a warning if someone who hasn't met the criteria starts a sales thread. Like this:

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #s (FILL IN SOME NUMBERS HERE. OR DON'T. LET'S FACE IT DIGGING UP RULE NUMBERS IS ACTUALLY WORK.)

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

I always provide a tracking number though PM when I mail the package informing my buyer that they should have gotten a tracking number if they used paypal in the paypal email or I give them the number if I manually printed the label. In the case of overseas I provide the custom number which can be tracked online until it reaches the border so they can at least know if there is a delay it's not me. This goes for $20 sales, or $1000 sales.