• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Well if we put him on probation how can he get off since the normal coarse is to either send the book or refund the buyer and he sort of did both already?

:insane:

This is messed up. lol

It's a very odd situation. Even if he made things right with both buyers (refund to one, book to the other), it just feels like a swarmy engagement.

If it hadn't come up here, would there have been a third buyer?

(shrug)

Being that he DID appears to be trying to make things right with both buyer and seller, then everything else is conjecture.

Conjecture always makes me think of this passage from Pulp Fiction...

" I'm not sayin' he was right, but

you're sayin' a foot massage don't

mean nothing, and I'm sayin' it does.

I've given a million ladies a million

foot massages and they all meant

somethin'. We act like they don't,

but they do. That's what's so

cool about 'em. This sensual thing's

goin' on that nobody's talkin about,

but you know it and she knows it,

Marsellus knew it, and Antwan

shoulda known better. That's

his wife, man. He ain't gonna

have a sense of humor about that ."

Edited by Bio-Rupp

Well if we put him on probation how can he get off since the normal coarse is to either send the book or refund the buyer and he sort of did both already?

This is messed up. lol

It's a very odd situation. Even if he made things right with both buyers (refund to one, book to the other), it just feels like a swarmy engagement.

(shrug)

Being that he DID make things right with both buyer and seller, then everything else is conjecture.

Did he make everything right? The first buyer didn't get his book and won't get his book because it was sold to someone else. He is apparently also out $30 in PayPal fees.

This is messed up. lol

(shrug)

Being that he DID make things right with both buyer and seller, then everything else is conjecture.

Did he make everything right? The first buyer didn't get his book and won't get his book because it was sold to someone else. He is apparently also out $30 in PayPal fees.

Let me rephrase... he APPEARS to be TRYING to make things right :foryou:

I will fix that above.

Hopefully he does make things TOTALLY RIGHT between all parties involved.

Has he saved his reputation with the Board?... well that remains to be seen. He does appear to be trying though.

Not to be picky.. But it was $550 for the book, $50AUD western union fee. Then I got a PayPal fee on the refund, lost money on the conversion etc.

I'm out roughly 60$ but I'm not complaining. I'm happy I got anything back tbh.

This is messed up. lol

(shrug)

I've seen these situations go a heck of a lot wronger. Often there's no actual comic at all, and no refund either.

Not to be picky.. But it was $550 for the book, $50AUD western union fee. Then I got a PayPal fee on the refund, lost money on the conversion etc.

I feel that you should get that $60 back as well sir.

To me, that's the gesture of good faith needed to put all this behind you both. :)

I appreciate your efforts to be reasonable and a "glass half full" kind of guy. But if the seller is going to unilaterally decide to cancel the sale with you to sell the book to someone else, you sould receive a full and complete refund, including the WU fees since that's the payment method he insisted on. I know the seller isn't making any money on the Paypal fees, but it's his responsibility to refund in a way that doesn't incurr a loss to you

The fact that the seller sold the book to someone else without making sure a refund was on it's way to you first is really bad behavior and he needs to go the extra mile to make it right.

This is messed up. lol

(shrug)

I've seen these situations go a heck of a lot wronger. Often there's no actual comic at all, and no refund either.

So then everything's cool?

It's a weird situation for sure. Since he kind of had dibs first, I'd be willing to sell it to Jo Seph for what I paid for it, which was a bit more than what he paid.

How is it only $60 you are out if you had to pay a $50 fee, conversion fees and Paypal fees?

Personally, I think LongDillon should go on the probation list until you are made whole. There is no reason for you to be out funds in this matter.

It's a weird situation for sure. Since he kind of had dibs first, I'd be willing to sell it to Jo Seph for what I paid for it, which was a bit more than what he paid.

and here is ANOTHER issue...if BleuHawaii paid more for the book (which is what I think most of us suspected) then JoSeph is also owed the difference in price, at minimum, since it was technically Joseph's book that was sold.

Nice.

Since the seller profited off this shenanigan he should give Jo Seph half the profit of the second sale as well as the $60+ that he's out on transaction fees.

I doubt that'll happen though. I have a feeling that now that the seller has escaped the Probation list he'll probably just disappear.

and here is ANOTHER issue...if BleuHawaii paid more for the book (which is what I think most of us suspected) then JoSeph is also owed the difference in price, at minimum, since it was technically Joseph's book that was sold.

You beat me too it! Typing on this pad is really slow.

Edited by Number 6

This is messed up. lol

(shrug)

I didn't say that ... but it certainly is a lot cooler than it could have been. One guy out $60 is better than two guys out the full price of a JIM 83.

This is messed up. lol

(shrug)

I didn't say that ... but it certainly is a lot cooler than it could have been. One guy out $60 is better than two guys out the full price of a JIM 83.

We're all just so relieved that Joseph got his money back that we're kinda overlooking the smallish fees he's out. We just hate when someone gets screwed here.

I'm sorry but it sounds kind of flippant with other people's money. $60+ may be chump-change for you guys but that's a bit of money for me. Especially since Jo Seph lost this money just so the seller could make a quick buck - there's the principle of it.

It sounds like some are quick to toss principles under the bus just because "well it wasn't a complete catastrophe and you got most of your money back so you should be happy"

I'm sorry but it sounds kind of flippant with other people's money. $60+ may be chump-change for you guys but that's a bit of money for me. Especially since Jo Seph lost this money just so the seller could make a quick buck - there's the principle of it.

It sounds like some are quick to toss principles under the bus just because "well it wasn't a complete catastrophe and you got most of your money back so you should be happy"

You are righteous, I am flawed.

It doesn't seem like any one is telling Jo Seph he should be happy...quite the opposite, in fact. It certainly would be reasonable for Jo Seph to demand not only the additional money out of pocket, but also any "excess sales proceeds" garnered from the transaction with Bleuhawaii. And, like most of you, this whole thing sticks in my craw, and I will certainly remember it if I ever come up against a potential transaction with LongDillon.

Having said that, let me put emotions aside and go legalistic...I just went back and re-read the probation list rules. It seems to me that the rules are set up such that it is up to Jo Seph to determine when this case is closed per his satisfaction, and it sounds like he is satisfied (again, he is being really gracious about this whole thing...but, that is his prerogative). Emotionally, we may want Jo Seph to revive his nomination of LongDillon to the probation list until these additional damages are satisfied, but doesn't seem like that's our call to make...

Looks like this was the last word:

So, under the current rules, case closed, right? In other words, if Jo Seph says "let's move on," then it sounds like we move on...none of the rest of us can nominate LongDillon to the probation list or otherwise dictate additional settlement terms under the current rules, because we weren't parties to the transaction, correct?

Correct.

Two things learned...

1) Never pay with WU or personal pp unless you can afford to lose the money, the book and your sanity.

2) Never pay with WU or personal pp unless you can afford to lose the money, the book and your sanity.