• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Well how about a "star" rating system then.

IN the kudos thead, there could just be a rating based on a low score of "one" star to a high score of "five" stars. Possibly include a link to the transaction as well just so we know what was purchased.

Notation can read "please PM this buyer to see what he did or did not like with the transaction with said boardie.

Obviously those with one star... you would PM the boardie about while those with four or five really wouldn't matter.

One could scroll down the boardie's kudos thread looking for a massive amount of low scored stars and then decide weather or not they want to deal with said seller.

Mods don't have to police it... no one knows whats going on unless they want to... and privacy is pretty much maintained.

No sure how well this will work with behind the scenes transactions though. hm

Sounds good to me.

I know Arch set the original parameters, but he might be amenable to a change if there seemed to be strong support for it. If there is enough support here perhaps we could start a thread in CG to solicit the views of people who rarely check the PL thread.

I think I will let you or Dr. Balls run with this. I don't think me starting another thread in CG right now is conductive to my health and might possibly give one or two trolls cardiac arrest... or at least a jammed keyboard finger (visualize that however you see fit) lol

Feel free to mention my name openly and freely though... just so they can see the word's Bio & Rupp flash before their eyes ;)

IN the kudos thead, there could just be a rating based on a low score of "one" star to a high score of "five" stars. Possibly include a link to the transaction as well just so we know what was purchased.

Notation can read "please PM this buyer to see what he did or did not like with the transaction with said boardie.

Obviously those with one star... you would PM the boardie about while those with four or five really wouldn't matter.

One could scroll down the boardie's kudos thread looking for a massive amount of low scored stars and then decide weather or not they want to deal with said seller.

Mods don't have to police it... no one knows whats going on unless they want to... and privacy is pretty much maintained.

We had stars for threads years ago and when some (cough Cal) etc, would get less than 5, there would be hell to pay.

I just just see it now...Rupp, I really am not happy with your packaging, I know you are smoking cigars. and I know you got these old newspapers from Bosco, besides,I don't like the color tape you used..so I'm just going to give you 3 stars...

5 THREADS LATER in General, I'm cringing;)

(this example is totally made up, of course he does not smoke cigars)

Anyway, I think it would create a lot more animosity.

Sharon... you complete me... you know that right :foryou:

Are you ready for Fringe Season 2 yet? ;)

We had stars for threads years ago and when some (cough Cal) etc, would get less than 5, there would be hell to pay.

I just just see it now...Rupp, I really am not happy with your packaging, I know you are smoking cigars. and I know you got these old newspapers from Bosco, besides,I don't like the color tape you used..so I'm just going to give you 3 stars...

5 THREADS LATER in General, I'm cringing;)

(this example is totally made up, of course he does not smoke cigars)

Anyway, I think it would create a lot more animosity.

I think the eBay experience is that most buyers are reluctant, for whatever reason, to leave negative fb. There have been a lot of threads in CG where someone has complained to high heaven about an eBay seller and in the end says he left positive fb because the seller finally refunded his money.

I would be very surprised if good sellers on the boards received many poor ratings because of impossible to please buyers.

The problem, once again, is that if a seller sends me a book 29 days after I paid for it and sticks in it a manila envelope with a thin piece of cardboard but somehow the book arrives intact, I have no way of giving other buyers a head's up. Are you really ok with no fb short of nominating someone for the PL?

Sounds good to me.

I know Arch set the original parameters, but he might be amenable to a change if there seemed to be strong support for it. If there is enough support here perhaps we could start a thread in CG to solicit the views of people who rarely check the PL thread.

I think I will let you or Dr. Balls run with this. I don't think me starting another thread in CG right now is conductive to my health and might possibly give one or two trolls cardiac arrest... or at least a jammed keyboard finger (visualize that however you see fit) lol

Feel free to mention my name openly and freely though... just so they can see the word's Bio & Rupp flash before their eyes ;)

A come on Rupp, what's 1 more thread? :baiting:

I didn't realize people kept track of that. There is a lot of other threads started in the CG that make me (shrug).

Sounds good to me.

A come on Rupp, what's 1 more thread? :baiting:

I didn't realize people kept track of that. There is a lot of other threads started in the CG that make me (shrug).

Well it would just be one more .... hm

lol

That's what I'm thinking. Out the $300 in books. And was the first time on the boards here with a bad transaction. I just want him on the PL so no one else gets swindled like I did. From here is where that will happen, right?

Bryan,

Definitely send him a separate PM reminding him of the trade/transaction etc.

Plus, also in this separate PM, point out that its being explained in the PL and give him a chance to explain and make it right.

Hopefully things will be cleared up with no problems.

xxx ooo

Rupp

That's what I'm thinking. Out the $300 in books. And was the first time on the boards here with a bad transaction. I just want him on the PL so no one else gets swindled like I did. From here is where that will happen, right?

Bryan,

Definitely send him a separate PM reminding him of the trade/transaction etc.

Plus, also in this separate PM, point out that its being explained in the PL and give him a chance to explain and make it right.

Hopefully things will be cleared up with no problems.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Quite right. Wait three days from your sending the PM. If he does not reply in a satisfactory way he is eligible to go on the PL list.

Sounds good to me.

I like seeing Rupp in CG. It's solid entertainment.

I'd have no problem starting a CG thread about star ratings - but it might be more productive if an older/bigger volume seller perhaps brought it up in a CG thread? Or somewhere else? I'd like to throw in support, but people tend to not take my posts seriously unless I have a bikini-clad woman in it.

Sounds good to me.

I'd have no problem starting a CG thread about star ratings - but it might be more productive if an older/bigger volume seller perhaps brought it up in a CG thread? Or somewhere else? I'd like to throw in support, but people tend to not take my posts seriously unless I have a bikini-clad woman in it.

Grow a pair of BALLS and do it anyways :)

Sounds good to me.

Seriously Dr. B... why not run with it.

With your skills you could make an awesome looking star set-up that we could use here.

Your knowledge of the internets could really bring this place up to speed hm

mrmaha (added 4/7/13) - 108 posts

[name removed from PL] (added 4/7/13) - 5 posts

Soup1998 (added 1/4/13) - 528 posts

Babygorilla (added 2/2/13) - 74

In the first 5 months of 2013, 75% of Probie listers are new members, not counting the two situations pending right now in the discussion area - both of which involve new Boardie sellers. Granted, it's only 5 months in - but it's a continuation of my previous post showing 56% of 2012's Probation Listers had less than 200 posts, and that the time may be right to do something different with this rating system we are talking about.

By no means am I insinuating or assuming that Board transactions will be without issues - but I do think that combining positive and negative "feedback" into a non-commentable star rating system will give buyers and sellers a way to feel more confident about their transactions.

I really like buying and selling here - and so do a lot of other people. Lots and lots of transactions go through without a hitch, and that is probably due to the fact we have a great community of people who truly love the hobby and are looking for a better type of buyer and seller.

I am floating the rating system conversation in CG here in a few minutes - so if you can chime in early, that'd probably help move the discussion along!

Edited by Dr. Balls

I have not seen one yet, but I'm sure it's wonderful

Fringe is quite possibly the greatest TV show ever made.

blech I watched the first few episodes and thought the characters were really annoying. I've heard it gets better in the second season though, is that the case?

I had someone ask me to take 30.00 on a comic back on Sat. Said fine, and never heard back....Would that be on this list? I don't mind, I can sell the comic..Just wondered..I have sent him 3 pm's..

No offense, but I'm amazed you did a trade with someone with 18 posts on the boards. I've tried to do trades, but I really only spoke to people I'd done business with in the past.

Sucks he cheated you though. You could contact the police, I mean you have his address, but over $300 I wouldn't hold my breath.

I have not seen one yet, but I'm sure it's wonderful

Fringe is quite possibly the greatest TV show ever made.

blech I watched the first few episodes and thought the characters were really annoying. I've heard it gets better in the second season though, is that the case?

Anna Torv's character in the first season was a bit annoying, but it gets much better - the last couple of seasons were fantastic :thumbsup: