• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would like it publicly known that i have launched a paypal dispute with Mravalanche regarding the non-receipt of a collection of books i purchased from him on the 10th of October. I will now give him a couple more days to do the right thing and refund me before i escalate it to a full claim.

The details are as follows:

10/10: Books paid for, told they would ship next day.

On the same day i find out he has problems with Aces and Skypinkblu. The books with Aces were poorly packaged while Skypinkblu was sold grossly overgraded books. He refused to refund either of them. Sharon was so disappointed with the books she sold them to give the money to charity because she didn't want to look at them anymore. I told him i didn't want any problems and if the books were going to be poorly packaged or overgraded to just refund me rather than go down that road. He assured me everything would be fine and i went along with it. He said comicsupply had "warned" him against those people. Whatever that means.

3 weeks pass and no books.

10/29: I sent him a polite PM asking if he has had a chance to send them yet. PM is read within a couple of hours but no response.

10/30: I send another PM. It is read and he responds saying that he was away and just saw the PM (a lie because it was read the previous day). He tells me he'll dig up the receipt and get back to me.

11/01: 2 days pass and i send another PM. At this point i had received books i paid for on the 24th October from another board member but still nothing from Mravalanche. Again the PM is read within a couple of hours and no response.

11/02: I send him a final PM telling him i either want details or a refund. No response.

11/03: No books this morning. I launch paypal dispute. I have 20 days to escalate it but won't wait that long.

I would like it publicly known that i have launched a paypal dispute with Mravalanche regarding the non-receipt of a collection of books i purchased from him on the 10th of October. I will now give him a couple more days to do the right thing and refund me before i escalate it to a full claim.

On the same day i find out he has problems with Aces and Skypinkblu. The books with Aces were poorly packaged while Skypinkblu was sold grossly overgraded books. He refused to refund either of them. Sharon was so disappointed with the books she sold them to give the money to charity because she didn't want to look at them anymore. I told him i didn't want any problems and if the books were going to be poorly packaged or overgraded to just refund me rather than go down that road. He assured me everything would be fine and i went along with it. He said comicsupply had "warned" him against those people. Whatever that means.

10/29: I sent him a polite PM asking if he has had a chance to send them yet. PM is read within a couple of hours but no response.

10/30: I send another PM. It is read and he responds saying that he was away and just saw the PM (a lie because it was read the previous day). He tells me he'll dig up the receipt and get back to me.

11/01: 2 days pass and i send another PM. At this point i had received books i paid for on the 24th October from another board member but still nothing from Mravalanche. Again the PM is read within a couple of hours and no response.

11/02: I send him a final PM telling him i either want details or a refund. No response.

11/03: No books this morning. I launch paypal dispute. I have 20 days to escalate it but won't wait that long.

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with that,it was the main reason I posted on that thread originally, to warn others. I got a PM from another board member, who also got books that were poorly graded. When I filed the paypal dispute (and in the dispute I asked to return the books at MY cost) , the response was, that I was "trying to get something for nothing" which was a very odd attitude ..He did post his phone number in a few of his Ebay auctions, if that helps you, you might want to do a search of his Ebay auctions, to get the number..

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with that,it was the main reason I posted on that thread originally, to warn others. I got a PM from another board member, who also got books that were poorly graded. When I filed the paypal dispute (and in the dispute I asked to return the books at MY cost) , the response was, that I was "trying to get something for nothing" which was a very odd attitude ..He did post his phone number in a few of his Ebay auctions, if that helps you, you might want to do a search of his Ebay auctions, to get the number..

He's running some ebay auctions? hm I've got an idea...

And I think I know what it is! lol

:applause:

He'd been advertising them on the Ebay seller's page...and Uh-oh...I think I've become an enabler...;) :angel:

What!?

Who warned him against me? lol

I've never had a board problem as a buyer or seller with Comic Supply or anyone else since I joined in 2003.

Never a return or refund either way.

I only came close once with a book that had an interior tear I missed but Peter(uclapeterg) said he got it cheap enough and didn't want a refund.

(shrug)

Thanks for the support everyone.

Sky - I can't seem to find his number. Do you remember which auction it was?

Trooper - He's not selling anything at the moment :(

Aces - I pointed out to him about the damaged books you got and received the following PM.

I was warned by comicsupply and others not to deal with her due to this type of thing and should have listened. I can give you 5 other folks here that have had no problem at all.

Obviously he got your sex wrong but it was in response to the following

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1935738&page=1&gonew=1#UNREAD

Aces - I pointed out to him about the damaged books you got and received the following PM.

I was warned by comicsupply and others not to deal with her due to this type of thing and should have listened. I can give you 5 other folks here that have had no problem at all.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1935738&page=1&gonew=1#UNREAD

I thought he was referring to Sharon (skypinkblu), not Aces doh!

Funny thing is, Comic Supply himself complained about the grading while he was complaiining about people complaining.

Mr Avalanche had a large listing for Fantastic Four on Ebay, he had a 48 and 49 with no grades, I know there was a number, because this was before I got his books and I had called to ask the grades because the price was very low and I was thinking of bidding or at least suggesting he mention the grades, to up his bids (but he said his daughter turned off the phone before the auction and he was all upset, they went too low).

I never got the impression in the beginning, he was awful, just stressed...and he took some poor advice, and instead of just saying, I'm sorry, I made an error, he got insulted and defensive. I'm actually surprised you didn't get the books, but who knows...it's certainly not making much sense. He had been on some other board, and some boarders with a lot of feedback had recommended him.

I got my books tossed in a bubble bag as well, but I didn't mention that, I see he got a neg on Ebay for the same thing. I'd just file the Paypal dispute now, he'll answer, and without proof of mailing, you should be OK... :wishluck: