• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Is there a board record for the longest sentence? :baiting:

I would say it depends on how you look at it. He does actually have four periods in the sentence, they just happen to be all in a row like this....... :grin:

What would be the next step in the process in order to make this change official, at least in it's simplest form, which would be to start adding the offended party's board id(s), at least for new offenses, to the existing probation list in it's current format? (Format changes &/or hyperlinks could always be considered further in the future). Is the favorable voting to date enough to proceed with this change, or is something else needed?

The best way to do this would be to break the PL list up into manageable pieces and have volunteer board members research the names they have been assigned.

I will be happy to take on some of the names. Seek other board members to take on other names. Then after we compile all the info a single list can be made and posted here as an example of what we are going for.

Given the average boardie’s search function skills, and that volunteers would need to run multiple searches to be sure they found all instances of a Probation Lister’s name in their searches (since searches are limited to two years at a time, and this thread runs from 2007 to present), I’m thinking it would be best to ask for volunteers to read through 200 page groupings of this thread (based on default page settings of 10 posts per page) in order to capture the pertinent information.

Does this sound alright to you? If so, please volunteer to review a grouping of posts within this thread by posting your board id in the signup list & review instructions that I will post shortly.

:news:

Nevermind...

I believe the approach that I outlined below would be a decent one for capturing multiple nominators for a given PLer over a period of a number of years, but given that most PLers probably don't have multiple nominees, for purposes of adding the nominators retroactively, maybe it's better to take a simpler approach as Poverty-Row has suggested and just run a search close to the date that the PLer was added in order to find the nominator (or at least on of them). Anyone else can chime in after that list is developed if they think that there were additional nominators for a given PLer, and given thread verification, the additional nominators can be added accordingly.

I'll let this marinate for a while before sending out a revised sign up list with simplified approach ...

:news:

Volunteer Sign up List for those willing to review a range of historical posts in this thread for one of the groupings below in order to pull out some additional info for use in developing an enhanced Probation List (see review additional info below more more details).

Group 1: Superman2006

Group 2:

Group 3:

Group 4:

Group 5:

Group 6:

Group 7:

Group 8:

Group 9:

Review Instructions:

1. Refer to the Probation Listers by Grouping section of this post below for a list of the boardies that were added to the PL within the thread pages in your Group.

2. Read through the historical posts in this thread covering the period of time assigned to you for your grouping and make note of the names of the boardies that nominated the PLers that are included in your grouping

3. Make note of any additional nominations for PLers for PLers that are not included in your assigned list of PLers

4. Make note of any nominators that had previously added a boardie to the PL, but that have since that time settled with such PLer

5. After finishing your review of all historical posts for your grouping, post your findings to this thread and I will capture your results in order to aggregate them with the results for the other Groups, as posted by other volunteers. (See Sample Output below, or shoot me an PM, if it isn't clear to you what we're looking for)

Tip: In order to jump to a given page on this thread, in order to locate the posts made for the date range for your Group, just go to the location bar of your web browser and tweak the last set of numbers in the URL to the page number that you want to jump to, and hit enter.

Sample Output:

e.g. of hypothetical findings for Group 1 based on the instructions above (I started by copying the Group 1 info below, and then updated to include my hypothetical findings):

• bronzejunkie (added by nominator X1 on 3/26/07)
  • donavan74 (added by nominator X2 on 3/27/07)
  • comicmankev (added by nominator X3 on 3/27/07)
  • Nascar (added by nominator X4 on 6/2/07)
  • Lighthouse (added by nominator X5 on 6/13/07)
  • Sid (added by nominator X6 on 8/8/07)
  • SpiderJay300 (added by nominator X7 on 9/15/07)

Additional Nominations for PLers not included in the list above:

• SampleProbationLister3 (added by nominator X9 on mm/dd/yyyy)
  • SampleProbationLister4 (added by nominator X10 on mm/dd/yyyy)

Probations Listers that settled with a nominator(s):

• SampleProbationLister2 (settled with nominator X23 on mm/dd/yyyy)
  • SampleProbationLister1 (settled with nominator X24 on mm/dd/yyyy)

Probation Listers by Grouping

Group 1 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 3/26/07 thru 9/15/07):

• bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07)
  • donavan74 (added 3/27/07)
  • comicmankev (added 3/27/07)
  • Nascar (added 6/2/07)
  • Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)
  • Sid (added 8/8/07)
  • SpiderJay300 (added 9/15/07)

Group 2 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 9/16/07 thru 9/15/08):

• clobberintime (added 11/7/07)
  • Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)
  • Superman20 (added 12/18/07)
  • matewan1990 (added 3/3/08)
  • DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08)
  • Henchman (added 4/25/08)
  • Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08)

Group 3 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 9/16/08 thru 10/8/09):

• NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08)
  • aaron568 (added 11/6/08)
  • SIXX_VAN_ROSE (added 11/7/08)
  • brasseye (added 7/2/09)
  • Taz007 aka Thesavros aka Rudolph (added 7/15/09)
  • HGComics (added 10/7/09)
  • bkwon12 (added 10/8/09)

Group 4 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 10/9/09 thru 4/19/10):

• SilverSlinky (added 11/20/09)
  • erbdom (added 12/8/09)
  • Chrissr (added 12/22/09)
  • BATMANFAN (added 2/9/10)
  • mishu2nite (added 3/3/10)
  • ffxmen14 (added 4/12/10)
  • kevin109 (added 4/19/10)

Group 5 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 4/20/10 thru 8/5/11):

• htown79 (added 8/4/10)
  • Gaijin2010 (added 9/24/10)
  • panahobit (added 3/8/11)
  • SAGAT (added 4/29/11) - Off Board via eBay - eBay ID = Miffybunny
  • holyghost (added 6/30/11)
  • Hammerhead (voluntarily added 7/27/11)
  • Marvelguy34 (added 8/5/11)

Group 6 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 8/6/11 thru 2/15/12):

• itsatoy67 (added 9/21/11)
  • ZoMbiE13 (added 9/21/11)
  • Tyson (added 10/7/11) Xalechim
  • daken2626 (added 10/14/11)
  • rza808 (added 10/18/11)
  • GoodAsh (added 1/10/12)
  • Akiyama (added 02/15/12)

Group 7 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 2/16/12 thru 7/30/12):

• Xalechim (added 04/24/12)
  • Joey21 (added 5/11/12)
  • 50s Horror Buff (added 05/24/12)
  • Goosie (added 6/6/12)
  • WDMARVELCOMICS aka WalkingDeadComics (added 6/16/12)
  • phobalicious aka darkness4life (added 07/19/12)
  • Jackstostart (added 7/30/12)

Group 8 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 7/31/12 thru 12/22/12):

• YUJIRO (added 8/30/12)
  • excelsior1986 (added 9/09/12)
  • Campbelljh3 (added 9/14/12 & 1/4/2013) AKA Soup1998
  • vacantpassenger (added 11/11/12)
  • picklepuss (added 11/27/12)
  • tangelwood42 (added 11/28/12)
  • pmahoney74 (added 12/22/12)

Group 9 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 12/23/12 thru 5/17/13):

• JMG (added 12/26/12) off-board Crees Tyler (CAF)
  • Webhead1981 (added 12/26/12)
  • Winter Soldier (added 12/26/12)
  • Babygorilla (added 2/2/13)
  • mrmaha (added 4/7/13)
  • rawisokv (added 04/07/13)
  • AshCan Press aka Matthew Rosenberg (added 5/17/13)

Group 10 (For this Group you will need to review posts from 5/18/13 thru present):

• JohnnyG (added 5/17/13)
  • mikey1215 (added 5/17/13)
  • wushugushu (added 5/17/13)
  • CarlWeathers75 (added 8/1/13)
  • tibex82 (added 8/1/13)

Edited by Superman2006

I think rather than default posts per page, just break the list out into as even a number of PL members as you can

There has been so much drek posted in the PL Discussion page that the number of relevant posts can be pretty skewed.

As I said, I will be happy to take some on.

I think rather than default posts per page, just break the list out into as even a number of PL members as you can

There has been so much drek posted in the PL Discussion page that the number of relevant posts can be pretty skewed.

As I said, I will be happy to take some on.

Fair enough. My current rendition of Group #3 above (with just 2 PLers added to the PL list over 200 pages of posts) probably provides a good example of the drek that you're referring to.

:news: I have tweaked my Volunteer Sign Up & Instructions list posting to split up the Groups into roughly 7 Probation Listers each. There are 68 total PLers on the list as of today, so after making this change, Groups 1 to 9 now have 7 probation listers each and Group 10 currently has 5 PLers for (9 x 7 + 5 = 68 PLers).

P.S. I also replaced the page #'s assigned to each Group with date ranges of historical postings that should be reviewed for each group (ensuring no gap in pages assigned for review across the 10 assigned groups).

With this change, I'm now reopening the volunteer sign up list - please see a couple posts above the for the volunteer sign up list. :news:

Poverty_Row - if you're cool with the sign up list in its current format, please pick a grouping of your choice (I threw my name out for Group #1, but if you'd like that Group, go ahead and take it, and I'll grab another one).

Edited by Superman2006

Well SKetchman and i came up with a 5 payment plan for a autographed superman poster totaling $250 and it was suppose to be payments of $50 and he hasn't responded to any of my text since the 25th of august, and me being the trusting guy i am send 100 of it as a gift so there wouldn't be Paypal fees and i believe that is pretty much gone, luckily i sent the second 2 payments the normal way,.... i should have just went with my gut and not get it cause other boardies were clowning him about where is the coa and how come the deal looked sketchy.

hopefully this will work out. you should realize he's only ever on the boards when he's trying to sell something so his absence isn't that surprising.

Imagine my surprise when I get a message from Paypal about Horsehater opening a dispute with me....as it was said above...I don't visit this board that often (though I'm not ONLY here when trying to sell something). I didn't realize he wanted a payment confirmation email every time he sent a payment....the poster is ready to mail out upon final payment.

The thing that bothers me is that HH has my email address, but he never once tried to contact me via email...If I didn't respond via the message board, wouldn't you think to email me?

I will be awaiting final payment at which time I will be mailing out the poster with tracking and insurance.

Sorry I did not contact you, but I didn't know you were trying to get ahold of me.

IMHO...you went about it the wrong way....a direct email would have been better

I just want to clear up a matter, I got a hold of Sketch man and we resolved this issue, i will apologize that i didn't contact him through email that was my mistake, Sorry if i have hurt anyone's feelings those were not my intention and i appreciate all the help that I was given. I want to go out and say that not everyone lives on the boards so if you cant get a hold of them, try emailing them. (Newb mistake on my part) All i can do is apologize to you sketch man and hope that you accept my apology .

I just want to clear up a matter, I got a hold of Sketch man and we resolved this issue, i will apologize that i didn't contact him through email that was my mistake, Sorry if i have hurt anyone's feelings those were not my intention and i appreciate all the help that I was given. I want to go out and say that not everyone lives on the boards so if you cant get a hold of them, try emailing them. (Newb mistake on my part) All i can do is apologize to you sketch man and hope that you accept my apology .

apology accepted...let's move on...

:applause:

I'm glad you guys straightened this out...but it's always a good idea to update the balance/acknowledge payments when you do time payments. It's common courtesy. I know the one or two times I forgot to update a payment the same day, I've gotten PMs from the person making the payment wondering what happened.

I really don't blame someone for being frustrated if you didn't take the time to update them.

(Even if he hates my favorite animal;)

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the Marketplace Forum:

Board Name Added Alias Details
Herald2Galactus 3/28/07 None Link(#1)   Link(#2)
gilbertotorres 11/5/08 None Link(#1)
ComicSupply 10/28/08 None Link(#1)   Link(#2)   Link(#3)
CAP freak 5/21/09 None Link(#1)
AlleyBat 5/23/08 BucOne, WolfHulk, Roxx Gang, MarkWeb, lastyle7, comicwhiz7, royig, Punkkitty, bamaboy, Greenpep Link(#1)   Link(#2)   Link(#3)
TFL 6/2/09 None Link(#1)
Dr. Frankenstein 5/3/10 muscleshark, WALDO-JOHNSON Link(#1)   Link(#2)
TheDanimal 8/12/2010 None Link(#1)
MachineGunned 8/31/10 William Townsend, Chester Jordan Link(#1)   Link(#2)
Joker-Fish 11/3/10 None Link(#1)
Gecko157 7/12/12 lanternsector2814 (eBay) Link(#1)   Link(#2)
comicseekers 11/18/12 primeinvestibles, megacon Link(#1)   Link(#2)
smashdash 2/5/13 None Link(#1)
twen37 6/28/13 thocelizabeth, elizabeth7372013 (eBay), TheHouseofComics.com (not HouseofComics.com), Thomas Neely, Elizabeth Neely Link(#1)   Link(#2)
The Silver-Age 9/7/13 None Link(#1)   Link(#2)

Just like that, asteroid-comix. I like it. Seems like good use of white space, without being excessive.

POS?! lol

Cool, I'm going to put the actual list and repost here. Give folks another chance to react to it.

See above. This is just the HOS list, but the probation list could be built out right below it. The links in the HOS should be correct.

Anyone have any thoughts?

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the Marketplace Forum:

Herald2Galactus 3/28/07 None Link(#1)   Link(#2)
gilbertotorres 11/5/08 None Link(#1)
ComicSupply 10/28/08 None Link(#1)   Link(#2)   Link(#3)
CAP freak 5/21/09 None Link(#1)
AlleyBat 5/23/08 BucOne, WolfHulk, Roxx Gang, MarkWeb, lastyle7, comicwhiz7, royig, Punkkitty, bamaboy, Greenpep Link(#1)   Link(#2)   Link(#3)
TFL 6/2/09 None Link(#1)
Dr. Frankenstein 5/3/10 muscleshark, WALDO-JOHNSON Link(#1)   Link(#2)
TheDanimal 8/12/2010 None Link(#1)
MachineGunned 8/31/10 William Townsend, Chester Jordan Link(#1)   Link(#2)
Joker-Fish 11/3/10 None Link(#1)
Gecko157 7/12/12 lanternsector2814 (eBay) Link(#1)   Link(#2)
comicseekers 11/18/12 primeinvestibles, megacon Link(#1)   Link(#2)
smashdash 2/5/13 None Link(#1)
twen37 6/28/13 thocelizabeth, elizabeth7372013 (eBay), TheHouseofComics.com (not HouseofComics.com), Thomas Neely, Elizabeth Neely Link(#1)   Link(#2)
The Silver-Age 9/7/13 None Link(#1)   Link(#2)