• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Don't think I can nominate this person since I did get my money back through eBay resolution, but buyer beware if Mikegg in the boards.

I bought a book from him on the boards and it took abou a month to ship. He ten key me know he would be auctioning off a higher grade copy on eBay. I won the higher grade copy and waited about two weeks. I contacts him and asked about the book. He said he didn't have the book in hand but just go it and would be sending it.

I waited another two weeks and sent him another message statin I didn't have the item. eBay automatically opens a case now so he responded to te case saying he couldn't find it, but just found it an coul still send it. I said I would still like the book and to send it. About 10 day later still no word so I sent a message askin about it. No response.

I finally decided to escalate the issue last night and got a refund.

I still want the book, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

For history sake, this guy was on the list and got himself off. Seems he is up to old tricks

:bump: 6/10/10 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

mikeggg removed

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

•  
  • Herald2Galactus
    (Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

• gilbertotorres
    (added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• ComicSupply
    (added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• CAP freak
    (added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• AlleyBat aka BucOne aka WolfHulk aka Roxx Gang aka MarkWeb aka lastyle7
    (added 5/23/08 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TFL
    (added 6/2/09 - 6th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark
    (added 5/3/10 - 7th "Hall of Shame" Member)

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete

a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

• aaron568 (added 11/6/08)

• BATMANFAN (added 2/9/10)

• bkwon12 (added 10/08/09)

• brasseye (added 7/2/09)

• bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07)

• Chrissr (added 12/22/09)

• clobberintime (added 11/7/07)

• comicmankev (added 3/27/07)

• DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08)

• donavan74 (added 3/27/07)

• erbdom (added 12/08/09)

• ffxmen14 (added 4/12/10)

• Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)

• Henchman (added 4/25/08)

• HGComics (added 10/7/09)

• kevin109 (added 4/19/10)

• Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

• Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08)

• matewan1990 (added 3/3/08)

• mishu2nite (added 3/3/10)

• mjacobs8 (added 1/24/09)

• Nascar (added 6/2/07)

• NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08)

• rza808 (added 12/29/08)

• Sid (added 8/8/07)

• SilverSlinky (added 11/20/09)

• SIXX_VAN_ROSE (added 11/7/08)

• SpiderJay300 (added 9/15/07)

• Superman20 (added 12/18/07)

• Taz007 aka Thesavros (added 7/15/09)

• THATONEGUY (added 1/11/08)

• TVanderZwaag (added 6/23/09)

Lot shorter list back then.

Even though I got a refund from PayPal can I nominate him until he honors the transaction I I send the separate PM?

As far as I am aware, you had agreed on a book & price. You paid he didn't deliver. Thus unless he sends the book/you two make resolution I don't see why you couldn't put him up. A separate PM is required.

Go Broncos! Only a 15 point spread this week lol

So here is another question for you guys. I had a transaction here with a boardie. The boardie has done absolutely nothing wrong. As such I am not saying his/her name. However it was an international sale. I received a check from the boardie and deposited it in my bank. After a few days I mailed out the book and the boardie thanked me and said it was received perfect. The monies from the check have still not hit my bank. Again the boardie has not done anything wrong. I called my bank and found out that apparently they say you have to wait 6-8 weeks for a foreign check (off of HSBC for those that want to know) to clear. This was 5 weeks ago. From a PL prospective could I have been nominated for holding the book until check cleared (since it could take as long as 8 weeks for the check to clear, and I am supposed to complete the transaction within 30 days) Just want to say again that the other boardie did nothing wrong :)

So here is another question for you guys. I had a transaction here with a boardie. The boardie has done absolutely nothing wrong. As such I am not saying his/her name. However it was an international sale. I received a check from the boardie and deposited it in my bank. After a few days I mailed out the book and the boardie thanked me and said it was received perfect. The monies from the check have still not hit my bank. Again the boardie has not done anything wrong. I called my bank and found out that apparently they say you have to wait 6-8 weeks for a foreign check (off of HSBC for those that want to know) to clear. This was 5 weeks ago. From a PL prospective could I have been nominated for holding the book until check cleared (since it could take as long as 8 weeks for the check to clear, and I am supposed to complete the transaction within 30 days) Just want to say again that the other boardie did nothing wrong :)

If that was one of the stipulations of you shipping once the cheque clears you are in the clear IMO. If it isn't this is often a given...books ship when cheque clears. Banks are very slow at having cheques clear even from HUGE companies that you haven't got money from before.

Absolutely not.

No one could be nominated for holding a book until a check clears.

Wasn't the check issued in US funds?

doh!

Shouldn't take more than one week then.

Don't think I can nominate this person since I did get my money back through eBay resolution, but buyer beware if Mikegg in the boards.

I bought a book from him on the boards and it took abou a month to ship. He ten key me know he would be auctioning off a higher grade copy on eBay. I won the higher grade copy and waited about two weeks. I contacts him and asked about the book. He said he didn't have the book in hand but just go it and would be sending it.

I waited another two weeks and sent him another message statin I didn't have the item. eBay automatically opens a case now so he responded to te case saying he couldn't find it, but just found it an coul still send it. I said I would still like the book and to send it. About 10 day later still no word so I sent a message askin about it. No response.

Under normal conditions I would say no since you got a refund.

But there are two important factors in your case.

1) A third party(s) (eBay + PayPal) forced the refund. If not for that you might never have been refunded.

2) He's been on the list before. Funny how that works.

I don't know if that's enough to tip the scales. hm

Yes the check was issued in US funds (Dollar) Neither myself nor the boardie knows what the hell is going on. The bank is a huge pain in the . Can I nominate TD Bank for inclusion on the HoS for just sucking?

lol so apparently nominating your bank for HoS is a good thing. I just checked my account and there is a random deposit of 4k in my account. Guess they are trying to buy me off lol (I'm on the phone with customer service trying to straighten it out right now, my guess is someone fat fingered the account number)

Under normal conditions I would say no since you got a refund.

But there are two important factors in your case.

1) A third party(s) (eBay + PayPal) forced the refund. If not for that you might never have been refunded.

2) He's been on the list before. Funny how that works.

I don't know if that's enough to tip the scales. hm

It does for me.

Yes the check was issued in US funds (Dollar) Neither myself nor the boardie knows what the hell is going on. The bank is a huge pain in the . Can I nominate TD Bank for inclusion on the HoS for just sucking?

Was this a "certified cheque" or simply a personal cheque?

I deposited a cheque from Clink into my TD account and believe it took 4 to 6 weeks to clear. Silly how US/Canadian banks don't like to get along :(

You'd be fine holding the books until the check cleared. Technically he hadn't paid until it cleared.

I had problems with a cheque a foreign based poker site sent me. My local bank didn't think it was a real cheque but agreed to try to collect the money for me. Took a couple months and they charged me $100 for doing it. A cheque is really just a promise to pay and it can take time to verify the cheque is real, that there's money in the account and to move it.

You'd be fine holding the books until the check cleared. Technically he hadn't paid until it cleared.

I had problems with a cheque a foreign based poker site sent me. My local bank didn't think it was a real cheque but agreed to try to collect the money for me. Took a couple months and they charged me $100 for doing it. A cheque is really just a promise to pay and it can take time to verify the cheque is real, that there's money in the account and to move it.

2-3 weeks of the delay in Canada is because of your use of the imaginary word "cheque."

If your bank tried to charge you for cashing a cheque (check) I would have moved my accounts already.

It most likely took a minimum wage employee no more than 15 minutes of work

They charge enough for other things.....

Yea my bank does not charge for cashing international checks if they are in US dollars. If they are in foreign fees there is a 7.50 charge plus whatever their conversion rate is (which can suck since its not the same as the current conversion rate) This check was in US dollars.

I work for a Canadian Bank and can explain. If a Canadian individual writes a cheque/check in US funds and does not have a PAR crossing agreement, it can take up to 21 business days to have that cheque cleared. With a PAR crossing agreement, the check will clear via the US cheque clearing system, if not it unclearable and sent back to be cleared back in Canada. That's why it takes so long.Par crossing agreements cost $25-$30 a month so most companies will have this.

For an individual not to encounter this issue, they should pay via US$ draft that clears in the US without problem or if they wish TD has branches all over the southeast and they can issue cheques via the US account if they choose + have the ability to transfer funds from Canada to US online.