• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So I just though about something. Do we want to include "Offense Levels"? Basically 1-4 stars where depending on what you do deserves a different level of offense? I.e. if I don't pay for a 10 dollar comic then thats a 1 star offense and if I offer a trade of my Startling 49 for your Tec 31 and you send the Tec 31 and I send back an empty box, thats a 4 star offense?

One column, please...?

-slym

Sure - I actually kind of like the current format with bullet points and the probie's name in bold, as it's fairly easy to scan through (although it is becoming way too long!). However, there is still plenty of white space to the right of the probie's name and the date added that the offended party's name could be added there without reducing the readability of the list. Also, the date the probie was added could be a hyperlink back to the discussion where the probie was added to the list for ease of reference if / when the probie attempts to get off of the list and the history needs to be reviewed.

Perhaps I should have added this beneath the poll I set up a couple of pages back:

I recognize that the Probation List isn't just changed based on the results of a poll thrown up in this thread, but I thought that adding a poll might spur further discussion on the topic and allow us to see what level of acceptance boardies would have towards adding board ids of the offended parties to the probation list.

One column, please...?

-slym

Sure - I actually kind of like the current format with bullet points and the probie's name in bold, as it's fairly easy to scan through (although it is becoming way too long!). However, there is still plenty of white space to the right of the probie's name and the date added that the offended party's name could be added there without reducing the readability of the list. Also, the date the probie was added could be a hyperlink back to the discussion where the probie was added to the list for ease of reference if / when the probie attempts to get off of the list and the history needs to be reviewed.

I like the idea of listing the offended ones. Lets us know when the last OK is done to get them off the PL as well.

But hyperlinks may be a bit much. As it stands now, since anyone can update the list, many attempts at updating have been less than ideal, I know I have had to go back and correct many PL updates, and others have as well. Adding hyperlinks is just going to exacerbate that. But I do like the idea of adding the offended name(s) next to the PL member's name.

So I just though about something. Do we want to include "Offense Levels"? Basically 1-4 stars where depending on what you do deserves a different level of offense? I.e. if I don't pay for a 10 dollar comic then thats a 1 star offense and if I offer a trade of my Startling 49 for your Tec 31 and you send the Tec 31 and I send back an empty box, thats a 4 star offense?

I don't think we need to try rating these things. The PL is simple in that if you've wronged someone you end up on it and if you continue to be a cod-piece you head to the HOS. People have been added to the list regardless of the value of the transaction they need to complete and I'm not going to be any more inclined to deal with someone who may have "only" cheated someone for $10 vs $10000. Get yourself off the list and then I'll deal with you. That is my 2c

I don't think we need to try rating these things. The PL is simple in that if you've wronged someone you end up on it and if you continue to be a cod-piece you head to the HOS. People have been added to the list regardless of the value of the transaction they need to complete and I'm not going to be any more inclined to deal with someone who may have "only" cheated someone for $10 vs $10000. Get yourself off the list and then I'll deal with you. That is my 2c

I agree. You're either on it or you're not. If you do something particularly egregious you go to the HOF. Otherwise I don't really see what a star system would add to be honest.

The 4-star rating wasn't so much for PL offenders, it was suggested as a way of rating sellers in terms of quality of shipping, grading, etc. Some sellers do a great job with their sales thread. Some seller do a mediocre-yet-acceptable job - and there is no way to discern the two.

Just recently, I got an over-graded book from a seller - I didn't press the issue, but I won't be buying from them again either. A star rating system would allow me to register an opinion without having a confrontation or risk damaging a seller's reputation by vocalizing the specific problem in public. With the current way, there is no way for other buyers to find out about these problems until after the sale - and - sadly - that seems to be acceptable for the majority of people around here.

Better not give anyone a neutral, the horror... :ohnoez:

Just like that, asteroid-comix. I like it. Seems like good use of white space, without being excessive.

POS?! lol

Cool, I'm going to put the actual list and repost here. Give folks another chance to react to it.

:popcorn:

Nice way to help people determine if this will work.

:applause:

One column, please...?

-slym

I like the idea of listing the offended ones. Lets us know when the last OK is done to get them off the PL as well.

But hyperlinks may be a bit much. As it stands now, since anyone can update the list, many attempts at updating have been less than ideal, I know I have had to go back and correct many PL updates, and others have as well. Adding hyperlinks is just going to exacerbate that. But I do like the idea of adding the offended name(s) next to the PL member's name.

Thanks to you and others for the feedback.

So far we have the following votes in response to the question of whether or not we should add the offended party's(ies') board id(s) to the probation list:

28 voted Yes (72%)

10 voted No (26%)

1 voted for Crack (3%)

What would be the next step in the process in order to make this change official, at least in it's simplest form, which would be to start adding the offended party's board id(s), at least for new offenses, to the existing probation list in it's current format? (Format changes &/or hyperlinks could always be considered further in the future). Is the favorable voting to date enough to proceed with this change, or is something else needed?

What would be the next step in the process in order to make this change official, at least in it's simplest form, which would be to start adding the offended party's board id(s), at least for new offenses, to the existing probation list in it's current format? (Format changes &/or hyperlinks could always be considered further in the future). Is the favorable voting to date enough to proceed with this change, or is something else needed?

The best way to do this would be to break the PL list up into manageable pieces and have volunteer board members research the names they have been assigned.

I will be happy to take on some of the names. Seek other board members to take on other names. Then after we compile all the info a single list can be made and posted here as an example of what we are going for.

I guess send him a PM in a new PM thread noting that you've brought him up here ... give him 72 hours to respond publicly and/or make you whole ... then put him on the list.

And you'll have to give more detail than this. Who are we talking about? What was the deal for? What were the specifics? Why do you hate heroin? :)

Well SKetchman and i came up with a 5 payment plan for a autographed superman poster totaling $250 and it was suppose to be payments of $50 and he hasn't responded to any of my text since the 25th of august, and me being the trusting guy i am send 100 of it as a gift so there wouldn't be Paypal fees and i believe that is pretty much gone, luckily i sent the second 2 payments the normal way,.... i should have just went with my gut and not get it cause other boardies were clowning him about where is the coa and how come the deal looked sketchy.

hopefully this will work out. you should realize he's only ever on the boards when he's trying to sell something so his absence isn't that surprising.

Well SKetchman and i came up with a 5 payment plan for a autographed superman poster totaling $250 and it was suppose to be payments of $50 and he hasn't responded to any of my text since the 25th of august, and me being the trusting guy i am send 100 of it as a gift so there wouldn't be Paypal fees and i believe that is pretty much gone, luckily i sent the second 2 payments the normal way,.... i should have just went with my gut and not get it cause other boardies were clowning him about where is the coa and how come the deal looked sketchy.

Do you still owe $50 for the poster? Have you missed any payment dates?