• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Thanks for the information campued1010 :) Still doesn't explain why you crazy Canadians call them Cheques lol

I use TD all the time, they are the only ones who don't charge for Canadian pieces of paper (whatever you guys want to call them)

The money is there the next day?

Maybe it's your branch?

hm :

I only take checks drawn on US banks though...they can be Canadian, but they have to have a partner in the US and be in US funds.

Thanks for the information campued1010 :) Still doesn't explain why you crazy Canadians call them Cheques lol

I use TD all the time, they are the only ones who don't charge for Canadian pieces of paper (whatever you guys want to call them)

Maybe it's your branch?

hm :

I only take checks drawn on US banks though...they can be Canadian, but they have to have a partner in the US and be in US funds.

Be careful, if it's a US check written on a US Canadian account it may not clear. It has to be drawn on the US account in the US. Be careful cause clients do this all the time and some of the checks do not clear. Always ask if the check was written on a US account in the US.

Maybe it's your branch?

hm :

Be careful, if it's a US check written on a US Canadian account it may not clear. It has to be drawn on the US account in the US. Be careful cause clients do this all the time and some of the checks do not clear. Always ask if the check was written on a US account in the US.

I just take it to the sweet, very handsome bank manager...he checks;) but thanks, Andre! :foryou:

Umm, because it derives from the term exchequer, for financial clearing house, in turn an alteration of Middle English escheker, from Old French eschequier 'counting table'.

So the question is actually why Americans misspell it 'check'? lol

Umm, because it derives from the term exchequer, for financial clearing house, in turn an alteration of Middle English escheker, from Old French eschequier 'counting table'.

(thumbs u

A cheque (or check in American English) is a document[nb 1] that orders a payment of money from a bank account

(thumbs u

A cheque (or check in American English) is a document[nb 1] that orders a payment of money from a bank account

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

(thumbs u

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

:cry:

I don't have any way to know if I've been removed, but since the guy who nominated me to be a member also said all was good, I'm assuming I'm a free man.

Actually you do - just go here

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1646534&fpart=27

Go to the last page and check names. Your name is still on. Can you link to whomever said you were good? I or others would be happy to remove you if you can show anyone who nominated you says you are OK now.

we should start adding injured parties/nominators to the probation list so that people on the list know who to contact when they want to make amends.

50s Horror Buff (added by thehumantorch 05/24/12)

I suggested this same thing a year to two ago (in this same thread I believe) and it seemed to get just about the same amount of support. It still seems like a great idea to me, as some boardies on probation may be on the list for bad transactions with multiple boardies, and adding the offended parties next to the name of the boardie on probation would make it easier to keep track of the party(s) that need to be righted before the offender can be removed from the list.

Maybe a poll would help move it along or at least get some more feedback one way or the other:

I'm just going to speak for myself here. I will out myself as someone who voted no. I've got a couple reasons for it. One is that sadly our already bloated PL list will become even more bloated. Two I fear that people can be lazy and say I put superman2006 on the PL because he failed to pay for something now my name is "on" the list so that if someone goes on the PL and Ctrl (command)+F and types in jaybuck43 my name will pop up. Some people may not actually take the time to see WHY my name is on the list and rather just assume I am on the PL. Three, the way we have it now allows for a pile on, where as with the change we would need every person who has been wronged to come in and nominate. Superman I am going to use you again, my apologies. So again I nominate Superman2006 for not paying and then a year later he comes in and says he wants to get off the list. Great. Under the proposed change he comes in, pays me my money and says ok I am done. I say yep he paid me and he comes off the list. In between me having nominated Supes for PL and him getting off the list, he burns thehumantorch on an eBay deal. The way it works now torch would be able to pop in and pile on and we wouldn't let superman off until everyone had been made whole. But under the new system, since I was the nominating person and I'm whole, he has to come off. and the Human Torch then has to go through the process of nominating or tagged on back when I nominated.

Ok so after that long rant, I guess I am just saying that in my mind we aren't gaining anything by making this change.

I'm just going to speak for myself here. I will out myself as someone who voted no. I've got a couple reasons for it. One is that sadly our already bloated PL list will become even more bloated. Two I fear that people can be lazy and say I put superman2006 on the PL because he failed to pay for something now my name is "on" the list so that if someone goes on the PL and Ctrl (command)+F and types in jaybuck43 my name will pop up. Some people may not actually take the time to see WHY my name is on the list and rather just assume I am on the PL. Three, the way we have it now allows for a pile on, where as with the change we would need every person who has been wronged to come in and nominate. Superman I am going to use you again, my apologies. So again I nominate Superman2006 for not paying and then a year later he comes in and says he wants to get off the list. Great. Under the proposed change he comes in, pays me my money and says ok I am done. I say yep he paid me and he comes off the list. In between me having nominated Supes for PL and him getting off the list, he burns thehumantorch on an eBay deal. The way it works now torch would be able to pop in and pile on and we wouldn't let superman off until everyone had been made whole. But under the new system, since I was the nominating person and I'm whole, he has to come off. and the Human Torch then has to go through the process of nominating or tagged on back when I nominated.

Ok so after that long rant, I guess I am just saying that in my mind we aren't gaining anything by making this change.

Lets look at these.

Can't see the list getting any more bloated. Won't require a new line to add the nominators name - just the name of the nominator/s after 'added by'. If the guy has screwed enough guys to run onto the next line on the list he probably belongs in the HOS

50s Horror Buff (added 05/24/12) vs 50s Horror Buff (added by thehumantorch 05/24/12)

Sure, if you use the Ctrl F you'll find the nominators name but I don't know anyone who searches the list that way. I suspect it's pretty rare since the list is alpha. And if someone does search that way the search will show them the instance of the nominators name and the context should be obvious.

I'm afraid I'm missing the logic of your third point. If someone is on the list they stay there until they've addressed the nominator. If he pulls something on another boardie the boardie can still pile on in this thread. And if people agree another name can be added - (added by thehumantorch and Jaybuck43) to the list.

If the person has addressed his original nominator and comes on the list, then pulls something on another boardie the pile on would begin again just as it does now.

Ok. I am not saying that doing this is the worst idea ever, just that I wasn't in favor of it when asked :)

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and you're not alone. I'm just trying to look at your objections logically - to me anyways.

At the moment if someone wants to come off the list we have to figure out was wronged. If there were multiple people wronged one might pop in and work out a fix but another might be away or rarely here. We could remove a list member while someone else was not made whole and missed the removal discussion.

Hmm would it be possible to use some fun with HTML? Keep the list simple and clean but when you hover or click on a name it brings up the nominator(s) and what happened in the transaction (i.e. Jaybuck43 is on the PL and when you hover/click on my name it says "Nominated by thehumantorch on 09/22/2013 for selling an ASM 1 and shipping a newspaper."

Offender NameAddedAliasWronged

POSName1/1/2013POS2boardname1, boardname 2, boardname3

Edited by asteroid-comix

The wronged column could be names with hyperlinks back to the discussions.