• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the Marketplace Forum:

Board Name Added Alias Details
Herald2Galactus 3/28/07 None Link(#1)   Link(#2)
gilbertotorres 11/5/08 None Link(#1)
ComicSupply 10/28/08 None Link(#1)   Link(#2)   Link(#3)
CAP freak 5/21/09 None Link(#1)
AlleyBat 5/23/08 BucOne, WolfHulk, Roxx Gang, MarkWeb, lastyle7, comicwhiz7, royig, Punkkitty, bamaboy, Greenpep Link(#1)   Link(#2)   Link(#3)
TFL 6/2/09 None Link(#1)
Dr. Frankenstein 5/3/10 muscleshark, WALDO-JOHNSON Link(#1)   Link(#2)
TheDanimal 8/12/2010 None Link(#1)
MachineGunned 8/31/10 William Townsend, Chester Jordan Link(#1)   Link(#2)
Joker-Fish 11/3/10 None Link(#1)
Gecko157 7/12/12 lanternsector2814 (eBay) Link(#1)   Link(#2)
comicseekers 11/18/12 primeinvestibles, megacon Link(#1)   Link(#2)
smashdash 2/5/13 None Link(#1)
twen37 6/28/13 thocelizabeth, elizabeth7372013 (eBay), TheHouseofComics.com (not HouseofComics.com), Thomas Neely, Elizabeth Neely Link(#1)   Link(#2)
The Silver-Age 9/7/13 None Link(#1)   Link(#2)

There's a one column version and two. I updated the links to open in a new window and went with blue instead of pink for Rupp. :foryou:

Once we lock in on a format, I'll put something together where someone could 1) enter the name and link in a form or 2) update something that was already there and 3) it would spit out the code that would be copied and pasted into the PL thread. Should be pretty quick to update the thread if I put something like that together, maybe a couple of mins?

I just want to clear up a matter, I got a hold of Sketch man and we resolved this issue, i will apologize that i didn't contact him through email that was my mistake, Sorry if i have hurt anyone's feelings those were not my intention and i appreciate all the help that I was given. I want to go out and say that not everyone lives on the boards so if you cant get a hold of them, try emailing them. (Newb mistake on my part) All i can do is apologize to you sketch man and hope that you accept my apology .

apology accepted...let's move on...

Nice to see that it's just a misunderstanding and a communication problem. and that you guys can work things out. :cloud9:

I think the format is nice and functional but wouldn't this mean that PL updates can only be done by the person with the source document?

I also think there's an issue when someone quotes a post containing the HOS/PL list in that format.

That is always the challenge when you start going for slightly more advanced interfaces. But it just means a few folks potentially volunteer to support any changes.

I wouldn't let the table structure halt any progress.

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the Marketplace Forum:

AlleyBat 5/23/08 BucOne, WolfHulk, Roxx Gang, MarkWeb, lastyle7, comicwhiz7, royig, Punkkitty, bamaboy, Greenpep Link(#1)   Link(#2)   Link(#3)
TFL 6/2/09 None Link(#1)
twen37 6/28/13 thocelizabeth, elizabeth7372013 (eBay), TheHouseofComics.com (not HouseofComics.com), Thomas Neely, Elizabeth Neely Link(#1)   Link(#2)
I'm as much a fan of HTML as anyone, but it feels silly to use a format for the PL list that can't be quoted properly. Even switching the markup to "using HTML and UBBCode" in this reply doesn't display it properly.

THE HALL OF SHAME

TFL 6/2/09 None Link(#1)
It's quotable. Something is broken in the HTML that causes a huge space. I'll give ya a hand trying to find out what's "broken".

I think this is going to be a major of a cluster. And limiting control of the PL list to those with HTML knowledge is also a cluster

The single most critical thing missing is the people who actually nominated the offender for the PL/HOS list. This is extremely important in deciding if a person should be removed form the list,

A long while back I pushed for, and Arch offered, to have a PL setup with sub-forums so every PL nominee would have a unique topic. There would have been a "User ABC" thread. Easy enough to look through and unique (kind of except for the yahoos) to that user. That would have made things a hell of a lot easier. No one seemed to want it. But now people seem to wantr to sift through who knows how many disparate posts to get to a PL member?

As it stands now anyone can find this info using the search function, incorporating the date they were added (which is on the list), the member name (which is on the list) and using "Probation" as the search term within the Forum Only selling thread.

Sorry to sound scrooge-like, and I respect the effort to do this, but I think it is a bad idea overall.

We need a straightforward list with the names of the people who nominated the offender in order to confidently remove someone and avoid having to post "Has anyone else nominated ABC for the PL or can we remove them?"

Yea it has to do with the way that the UBB code reads the HTML. If you switch to only HTML it works fine. Regarding Poverty's statement, he is right to say that we need the nominating person.

THE HALL OF SHAME

TFL 6/2/09 None Link(#1)
OK, I didn't think about using HTML only. :)-slym

This is an example of what a single member of the PL list is going to look like.

tr style="width:1000px; background-color:white; text-align:center;"

td style="font-family: arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; background-color: #66CCFF; height: 50px; width: 300px;"MachineGunned/td

td style="font-family: arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; background-color: #FFFFFF; height: 50px; width: 100px;"8/31/10/td

td style="font-family: arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: x-small; background-color: #FFFFFF; height: 50px; width: 300px;"William Townsend, Chester Jordan/td

td style="font-family: arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: x-small; background-color: #FFFFFF; height: 50px; width: 300px;"a href="http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4184027&fpart=1" target="_blank"Link(#1)/a a href="http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4227004" target="_blank"Link(#2)/a/td

/tr

(I removed the < > on each line just in case)

Anyone attempting to update the PL List will be facing a VERY long string of the above. I think the potential for a lot of mistakes is more important than the prettiness of the formatting.

We could simply retain the exiting list format and add the nominators and, if people really want it, the link and make it a lot more editable.

THE HALL OF SHAME

TFL 6/2/09 None Link(#1)
Test.

This is an example of what a single member of the PL list is going to look like.

tr style="width:1000px; background-color:white; text-align:center;"

td style="font-family: arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; background-color: #66CCFF; height: 50px; width: 300px;"MachineGunned/td

td style="font-family: arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; background-color: #FFFFFF; height: 50px; width: 100px;"8/31/10/td

td style="font-family: arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: x-small; background-color: #FFFFFF; height: 50px; width: 300px;"William Townsend, Chester Jordan/td

td style="font-family: arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: x-small; background-color: #FFFFFF; height: 50px; width: 300px;"a href="http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4184027&fpart=1" target="_blank"Link(#1)/a a href="http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4227004" target="_blank"Link(#2)/a/td

/tr

(I removed the < > on each line just in case)

Anyone attempting to update the PL List will be facing a VERY long string of the above. I think the potential for a lot of mistakes is more important than the prettiness of the formatting.

We could simply retain the exiting list format and add the nominators and, if people really want it, the link and make it a lot more editable.

The intent wasn't to make people edit the HTML. I posted earlier, but it may not have been clear. If this is something the community wants and everyone can agree on the format, I would just put together a web page where you could add a line, delete a line or edit a line from either list and click a button to generate the HTML that would be copied and pasted in the HOS/PL page. The code could auto stamp what was done at the top (who was added/changed etc.) so there wouldn't be a need to quote the prior list.

You would have to quote in HTML if you wanted to quote it, to get it to show correctly. You would lose the formatting of the UBB code.

Your guys call, I'll watch for what the group decides.

I posted earlier, but it may not have been clear. If this is something the community wants and everyone can agree on the format, I would just put together a web page where you could add a line, delete a line or edit a line from either list and click a button to generate the HTML that would be copied and pasted in the HOS/PL page. The code could auto stamp what was done at the top (who was added/changed etc.) so there wouldn't be a need to quote the prior list.

You would have to quote in HTML if you wanted to quote it, to get it to show correctly. You would lose the formatting of the UBB code.

Having an interface to update the list sounds really good. I have a few questions:

1) You said you would put together a web page where the list edits are made that would auto-generate the HTML. Where is the web page going to be hosted? And how will it be accessed?

2) Would the list itself still be residing on the CGC Boards?

3) Will there still be historical copies? That is, a new PL list every time it is changed?

It would be extremely helpful if you could explain the actual topography/mechanics and step through the actual process of updating the PL and what happens after it is updated.

Thanks!

I posted earlier, but it may not have been clear. If this is something the community wants and everyone can agree on the format, I would just put together a web page where you could add a line, delete a line or edit a line from either list and click a button to generate the HTML that would be copied and pasted in the HOS/PL page. The code could auto stamp what was done at the top (who was added/changed etc.) so there wouldn't be a need to quote the prior list.

Having an interface to update the list sounds really good. I have a few questions:

1) You said you would put together a web page where the list edits are made that would auto-generate the HTML. Where is the web page going to be hosted? And how will it be accessed?

3) Will there still be historical copies? That is, a new PL list every time it is changed?

It would be extremely helpful if you could explain the actual topography/mechanics and step through the actual process of updating the PL and what happens after it is updated.

Thanks!

I would write the app page on one of my servers. I don't think any other changes about the list have been discussed, it would still reside in the thread where it always has....

Thanks!

I would write the app page on one of my servers. I don't think any other changes about the list have been discussed, it would still reside in the thread where it always has....

I am still trying to understand the mechanics but it is still very vague.

How does it get from your the app on your web page to the CGC PL LIST Forum?

Do people actually go to your web page to access the editing aspects of the list?

Does it then generate a new HTML list the updater copy/pastes to the PL LIST forum on the boards?

Again, it would be extremely helpful if you could explain the actual topography/mechanics and step through the actual process of updating the PL and what happens after it is updated.

There are other possible issues with taking a piece of the PL List off the boards, such as security and longevity. But I cannot ask the questions without having a clear picture of the process.