• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'm on the fence on this one. RR has behaved very badly, but, so far as I know, past PL and HoS transgressions have been about people not delivering books, not paying, and so on. Bad as this was, it doesn't quite fit those transgressions.

I did read the whole thread -- down to the point it was locked -- but I missed (or didn't understand) one point: Did DT actually have another offer for more money at the time he sold to RR or is he saying that he believes that he would have received higher offers? (Reasonable assumption since we know that RR flipped the book for a $3K profit two weeks later but maybe less clear at the time.)

Not trying to split hairs here or excuse RR's behavior in any way, but it might help to expand on what the situation was at the time of the sale.

I believe from the original post by Toast that he had other people and I could even be mistaken but 1 on the phone.

Comix made a very interesting legal "theft by deception" case. hm By definition and current case studies I would agree depending on jurisdiction and the cost vs reward as I can't think of a DA prosecuting this so it would most likely go civil.

I'm on the fence on this one. RR has behaved very badly, but, so far as I know, past PL and HoS transgressions have been about people not delivering books, not paying, and so on. Bad as this was, it doesn't quite fit those transgressions.

I did read the whole thread -- down to the point it was locked -- but I missed (or didn't understand) one point: Did DT actually have another offer for more money at the time he sold to RR or is he saying that he believes that he would have received higher offers? (Reasonable assumption since we know that RR flipped the book for a $3K profit two weeks later but maybe less clear at the time.)

Not trying to split hairs here or excuse RR's behavior in any way, but it might help to expand on what the situation was at the time of the sale.

I believe from the original post by Toast that he had other people and I could even be mistaken but 1 on the phone.

Comix made a very interesting legal "theft by deception" case. hm By definition and current case studies I would agree depending on jurisdiction and the cost vs reward as I can't think of a DA prosecuting this so it would most likely go civil.

With hopes of just a $3K recovery, it would have to go small claims, no?

I feel for Royce, but bottom line, I don't see RR as HOS worthy and I think it would set a bad precedent.

While RR's case of deception was extreme, where would the line be drawn? Would it be a dollar amount threshold, or any deceit in negotiations? Not every lowball offer or sob story is HOS worthy, otherwise the HOS would be pretty full. Would we want to flip the situation and allow PL or HOS nominations for sellers who come up with a "story" to back out of the deal? Too much ambiguity to be enforceable in my opinion.

Well, his latest post ain't helping his case:

Hi, I havent read anything on this topic since last Sunday and won't because I dont have time to get caught up with these Boardie drama queens and their drama, but all I have to say is given the number of posts on here its pretty weak and funny that Royce is so upset and bitter he sold a book too cheap like a newbie. Talk about stupidity to sell a superman 1 for cheap! Of course this was easy money, like taking candy from a baby!

Also, be advised I have notified the mods of all this threadkrapping in the sales thread, so I look forward to the strikes and suspensions for all these losers like Royce

oh and by the way Royce, good luck with selling any other books at those ridiculous prices, I got the only bargain of the bunch!

Again, I'm not reading or replying to this anymore, so have fun talking to yourselves

Hi, I havent read anything on this topic since last Sunday and won't because I dont have time to get caught up with these Boardie drama queens and their drama, but all I have to say is given the number of posts on here its pretty weak and funny that Royce is so upset and bitter he sold a book too cheap like a newbie. Talk about stupidity to sell a superman 1 for cheap! Of course this was easy money, like taking candy from a baby!

Also, be advised I have notified the mods of all this threadkrapping in the sales thread, so I look forward to the strikes and suspensions for all these losers like Royce

oh and by the way Royce, good luck with selling any other books at those ridiculous prices, I got the only bargain of the bunch!

Again, I'm not reading or replying to this anymore, so have fun talking to yourselves

After seeing his response, and how he is basically thumbing his nose at the community here, I say put him on the H.O.S. hm

Wow, this guy has no shame, I say he should get some in the HOS after saying this :facepalm:

This guy doesn't need the HOS... he will be remembered permanently and rest assured any thread he tries to buy or sell from will more than likely be bombarded.

I hate that Toast lost bank on this deal. It's usually always the nice boardies that get the most shaft.

I sincerely wish RR would have just taken his flip profit and kept quiet... and not add more insult to the injury :facepalm:

This guy doesn't need the HOS... he will be remembered permanently and rest assured any thread he tries to buy or sell from will more than likely be bombarded.

I hate that Toast lost bank on this deal. It's usually always the nice boardies that get the most shaft.

I sincerely wish RR would have just taken his flip profit and kept quiet... and not add more insult to the injury :facepalm:

The only worry in not memorializing him on the HOS is that it seems this is another account he created after he burned all bridges with his Rtheda account.

There's some value in creating a reminder and a trail of names so that people can't slip by with a new name if there's nothing for casual users to reference and discover who they are dealing with.

The only worry in not memorializing him on the HOS is that it seems this is another account he created after he burned all bridges with his Rtheda account.

There's some value in creating a reminder and a trail of names so that people can't slip by with a new name if there's nothing for casual users to reference and discover who they are dealing with.

+1

And apparently with his other excalib12 account.

+1

And apparently with his other excalib12 account.

The excalib12 was a name change when he poured gas on the Rtheda account and set it on fire.

This new one looks like he just went with an all new account and then still went the immolation route.

After seeing his response, and how he is basically thumbing his nose at the community here, I say put him on the H.O.S. hm

I turn my earlier post around now - I concur, he is HOS material.

-slym

Guys, while there's some serious D-baggery going on here, just remember that Beige is still committed to a deal with this guy. Andy has done nothing wrong, and has taken some smart steps to try to come out the other side with everything intact, but some of the onboard comments aren't going to help him.

So can I suggest that we put the angry mob on hold for a few days while he tries to get things sorted out? With 20-20 hindsight he might have made different decisions, but let's help him get his book - please?

-slym

It's even gotten worse.

HOS material 100% :sumo:

-slym

It's even gotten worse.

HOS material 100% :sumo:

+1 :sumo: