• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Where is this board rule? I read the sales guidelines which didn't state those rules.

This is what I see as for rules:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Those are the rules. (thumbs u

I read that but no where does it state a rule for waiting 30 days for something you paid for. Or is it more of a "rule of thumb" per-say?

this thread explains the 30 days rule.

I read that and quite honestly it's so dang vague. Doesn't state anything about buyer never receiving what they paid for and can't file dispute without waiting 30 days.

Those rules just seems to mean both parties have 30 days to fully complete the transaction prior to nominating those involved to the probation list. No where does it state that jumping the gun to file a dispute is a no no but seems like it's more of a rule of thumb to not jump the gun. However in my case I felt it was more than fair as I have asked twice and the third time was to file a dispute to start the process with a mediator in between which is paypal to moderate the issue.

Just know that "jumping the gun" in regards to filing disputes will upset some sellers here. That may be enough for some sellers not to sell books to you anymore. It's not necessarily fair, but a few sellers don't want to deal with people they feel may cause them headaches.

WOW?!? Seriously? Now that is not fair but then again it's their property and they can choose who they do business with or not but still trying to punish somebody for protecting themselves because they filed a dispute can be considered extortion. It's like saying, "oh you paid? Well I have 30 days to send it out or provide tracking so you can't do anything until then."

PhoKing,

This place is a little more relaxed than other selling sites around the net. The 30 day rule gives leeway for both buyer and seller to complete a transaction.

So even if life gets in the way... transactions usually can be completed.

It's not really used as an "extortion based option" until you get down to the wire concerning payment or shipping... it's just how it works here, and it's done well at keeping everyone honest.

You've only been here since mid August and it's just a simple oversight mistake concerning a common rule.

Joey is refunding you and you aren't going to be stuck with two copies of the same book. Angels are singing as we type and Christmas is coming too ;)

It's all good in the scenario... and you learned a pretty important piece of information about buying and selling here in the future.

xxx ooo

Rupp

The-more-you-know-by-deviantart-StathisNHX_zps0ada6007.png

Seems like a refund would eliminate a lot of harsh back and forth regardless of who's more in the right.

No reason you two can't walk away from this as friends ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

+1

WOW?!? Seriously? Now that is not fair but then again it's their property and they can choose who they do business with or not but still trying to punish somebody for protecting themselves because they filed a dispute can be considered extortion. It's like saying, "oh you paid? Well I have 30 days to send it out or provide tracking so you can't do anything until then."

Yes but in fairness it does work both ways. If a buyer delayed payment the seller would equally have to wait 30 days before pursuing the buyer. It is not weighted for or against one or the other.

I definitely agree. Most other forums don't have rules or laws like these. Usually when a buyer doesn't pay you move on but with comics I guess these are not just collections or hobbies but peoples jobs.

Well noted to let sellers know I'm bring the wraith of PayPal on them next time :P

Next time, wait to pay until purchase can be mailed. If you are going to buy something from someone, always ask them how long it's going to take them to ship it after you pay. if they tell you it's going to be a month before they can ship it, post :takeit: in the thread and then just notify the seller that he will receive payment when the item is about to be shipped. Maybe the night before or something. That way both of you will be happy with the outcome.

it should be said that most transactions do take place in a much smaller time window, whether payments/shipments etc. While the 30 day windows seems like a lot of time, I believe it's there to make sure people are able to meet the obligation either way.

Since you outed yourself I am going to have to stick to the rules.

You can close the dispute and I will refund your money.

Or, I can satisfy PayPal and mail you the book so you can have two copies.

Next time understand the rules.

The Usage Guidelines (aka rules for selling here) that have been setup by Arch explicitly state:

8) List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods. (my bolding of "times")

You can read all about it here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

I assume this is the thread under discussion:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=7148414&Searchpage=1&Main=318308&Words=joeypost+PhoKing&topic=0&Search=true#Post7148414

There is no mention of shipping times.

Before we start talking about understanding the rules it may be good for many of us to re-familiarize ourselves with the rules setup by Arch. No???

Since you outed yourself I am going to have to stick to the rules.

You can close the dispute and I will refund your money.

Or, I can satisfy PayPal and mail you the book so you can have two copies.

Next time understand the rules.

The Usage Guidelines (aka rules for selling here) that have been setup by Arch explicitly state:

8) List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods. (my bolding of "times")

You can read all about it here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

I assume this is the thread under discussion:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=7148414&Searchpage=1&Main=318308&Words=joeypost+PhoKing&topic=0&Search=true#Post7148414

There is no mention of shipping times.

Before we start talking about understanding the rules it may be good for many of us to re-familiarize ourselves with the rules setup by Arch. No???

o snap?

sometimes people just honestly forget, i missed sending a slab once :(

+1

I purchased a high grade X-Men from one of the biggest sellers on here. He forgot to mail it in time but I was no big deal to me anyway.

Anyway, I know his reputation on here and wasn't worried in the least bit. I got it eventually without having to dial 911.

What the hell did I just read hm

You could read that? My eyes started spinning after 3 paragraphs...

At first I thought this dispute was because of a simple mis-understanding. Now, it seems like one side is a diary of a madman, and the other is trying to reason with a madman.

It makes me weep.

-slym

Where is this board rule? I read the sales guidelines which didn't state those rules.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

I read that but no where does it state a rule for waiting 30 days for something you paid for. Or is it more of a "rule of thumb" per-say?

I read that and quite honestly it's so dang vague. Doesn't state anything about buyer never receiving what they paid for and can't file dispute without waiting 30 days.

Those rules just seems to mean both parties have 30 days to fully complete the transaction prior to nominating those involved to the probation list. No where does it state that jumping the gun to file a dispute is a no no but seems like it's more of a rule of thumb to not jump the gun. However in my case I felt it was more than fair as I have asked twice and the third time was to file a dispute to start the process with a mediator in between which is paypal to moderate the issue.

Just know that "jumping the gun" in regards to filing disputes will upset some sellers here. That may be enough for some sellers not to sell books to you anymore. It's not necessarily fair, but a few sellers don't want to deal with people they feel may cause them headaches.

Yes, seriously. And like was posted above, it's good etiquette to tell the seller you are going to file the claim, and not just do it. This is a community, not e-bay. Just because your book wasn't shipped within 3 weeks time, doesn't mean you just run and file a claim. Like I said, this will cause a few sellers to steer clear of you from now on.

That and a few other things will have some people steering clear of this guy now.

:eek:

-slym

Yes, seriously. And like was posted above, it's good etiquette to tell the seller you are going to file the claim, and not just do it. This is a community, not e-bay. Just because your book wasn't shipped within 3 weeks time, doesn't mean you just run and file a claim. Like I said, this will cause a few sellers to steer clear of you from now on.

That and a few other things will have some people steering clear of this guy now.

-slym

Joe is a prince of a guy and one of the most trustworthy guys on the boards. I would definitely not be alarmed if there was a delay. He get busy but he responds in reasonable time.

-slym

Joe is a prince of a guy and one of the most trustworthy guys on the boards. I would definitely not be alarmed if there was a delay. He get busy but he responds in reasonable time.

I think this is just a simple case of someone who was burned in the past, not wanting to get burned again. Without fully understanding the rules he jumped the gun and was given a chance to let the transaction take place the way the rules dictate here on the boards. Eventually that's what he did. His money was refunded and the deal, as far as I am concerned is over.

Keep in mind he did pay and had open communication, when I at times did not.

One lesson I seem to need to learn over and over is not to pack up books for shipping until the money is received. I swear every time I seal up a box before I have the money in hand, that money never comes.

This isn't related to any current conversations in this thread. Just cryptically thinking out loud.

One lesson I seem to need to learn over and over is not to pack up books for shipping until the money is received. I swear every time I seal up a box before I have the money in hand, that money never comes.

This isn't related to any current conversations in this thread. Just cryptically thinking out loud.

You're not the only one. lol

It will happen to every seller at one time or another. :tonofbricks:

[

Joey is refunding you and you aren't going to be stuck with two copies of the same book. Angels are singing as we type and Christmas is coming too ;)

It's all good in the scenario... and you learned a pretty important piece of information about buying and selling here in the future.

xxx ooo

Rupp

I'll have whatever Rupp is having..... :)

I wasn't talking about joeypost.

-slym