• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

But, but, but aren't we supposed to forgive and give people second chances? :whistle:

People that make honest mistakes? Sure!-slym

Well, this is where I personally draw the line. An honest mistake, sure, I can forgive. Multiple, deliberate lies, and attempts to screw someone, you're done with me, period. And don't even think about entering my Christmas contest. :o

Oh well. I've said my piece. Take care.

tumblr_m55qpoqgfG1rxevt4o1_400.gif

I wonder if he would float...

-slym

Pennywise freaks me out. :eek:

I would like to add Menace to the Probation thread.

I had purchased a Scottie Young SS 9.8 from his pre sales thread. He sent me a mislabeled 9.6. The top sticker was a 9.8 but the front label was a 9.6. I mailed the book back to him 7/26/13. He told me he received the returned book back. I have asked for refunds or another 9.8 to replace this book. I emailed him at the email he gave in the SS forum yesterday again with no response. I am also in the Medina opp he has out and have not had an update in 6 months or so. I am also requesting a refund for this opp. Please add him to the prob list. Way past 30 days. Facilitators should be held at higher standards. His being away from the boards for too much travel is no excuse anymore.

Hi J Dub, just need a bit of background. When did he acknowledge receipt of the returned book? When you sent it back to him what was the understanding (were you sending it back for a replacement or a refund?) Which transaction are you nominating him for? The Medina Opp or the Scottie Young SS or both? Did you PM him in a separate PM that he was being nominated and what he was being nominated for? If so has 72 hours passed? Thanks!

I would like to add Menace to the Probation thread.

I had purchased a Scottie Young SS 9.8 from his pre sales thread. He sent me a mislabeled 9.6. The top sticker was a 9.8 but the front label was a 9.6. I mailed the book back to him 7/26/13. He told me he received the returned book back. I have asked for refunds or another 9.8 to replace this book. I emailed him at the email he gave in the SS forum yesterday again with no response. I am also in the Medina opp he has out and have not had an update in 6 months or so. I am also requesting a refund for this opp. Please add him to the prob list. Way past 30 days. Facilitators should be held at higher standards. His being away from the boards for too much travel is no excuse anymore.

Did you send him a separate PM, alerting him to this thread? If not, you need to. Then, he has 72 hours to reply here.

I left it up to him replace if he had one or refund. He sent me a mesasge on 7/26/13 saying he received the book back through facebook. I have since requested a refund for Medina opp and also this book. Not through private message. He posted in the SS forum to email him instead. I sent him an email yesterday. Gave him 24hrs. Time is up. No money and no book. So I need refund for both.

J Dub in order to comply with the rules here, we need you to send a PM to him through the site alerting him to the fact that he is being nominated for the PL and for what reason and that he should come here to resolve the issue within 72 hours. If he hasn't responded within 72 hours of the PM he will be added.

J Dub in order to comply with the rules here, we need you to send a PM to him through the site alerting him to the fact that he is being nominated for the PL and for what reason and that he should come here to resolve the issue within 72 hours. If he hasn't responded within 72 hours of the PM he will be added.

No Problem. I sent it. He wont read it anyway. He said Nov 16, 2013 to only email him. He is taking a break from the boards. I wish he would clear up loose ends before he did this.

I think it may be best for the probation process to treat the two transactions (the Skottie SS and the Medina Sketch Op) seperately.

The Skottie SS should certainly have been remedied by now. Just so you are following the standard PL protocols email him at the address he gave you (and send it in a PM as well) telling him you have nominated him for the Probation list due to the Skottie SS being neither delivered or refunded.

Include a link to this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7223850#Post7223850

and tell him that if he wants to address the matter to do it here, and he has 72 hours to do so or the process moves forward without any feedback/input from him.

Regarding the Medina Sketch op, the lack of communication is concerning, but these ops can take a long time, and depend on the artist as much as the facilitator. In terms of requesting a refund, it may depend on if the money is in Menace's hands, or if its already moved into Medina's hands to secure the work that's been commissioned by you and others. If so it would be even tougher to get a refund. Since commission work is very different from straight sales transactions it may not be as simple as saying "I want out". Regardless of that part, Menace SHOULD be communicating better than the multi-month silences. But that's a matter for CGC to review and decide if they want him to retain his "facilitator" status, and that's not something we deliberate here in the PL.

Again I'd address these independently with Menace. Dont want to see the simple Skottie SS issue mucked up with the more complicated Medina commission issue.

Agree with Miraclemet on this 100%. You have 1 definitive reason for nomination, nominate him for just that, then separately nominate him for the second issue.

Ok, so how are these different from other opps like Castrillo?

Hi J Dub, just need a bit of background. When did he acknowledge receipt of the returned book? When you sent it back to him what was the understanding (were you sending it back for a replacement or a refund?) Which transaction are you nominating him for? The Medina Opp or the Scottie Young SS or both? Did you PM him in a separate PM that he was being nominated and what he was being nominated for? If so has 72 hours passed? Thanks!

How many times does this guy need to be nominated before he finally gets added to the list? I'll never understand it... The guy gets nominated about every 6 months it seems and he has yet to clean up his act and be responsible.

Edited by TheMightyJohn

J Dub just from perusing that thread, I have a feeling medina stuff is more on the artist and less on him. That does not at all excuse his lack of communication but as Miraclemet mentioned, facilitated sketches are very difficult simply because the artist can sometimes be a and take forever to get their work done, and that is not necessarily the fault of the facilitator. Granted a good facilitator will be in touch the whole time (just as an example I had a book signed by Stan Lee and was supposed to be signed 2 days later through a Facilitator by JR SR, 2 days became 4 months. The facilitator kept updating me though explaining on what was going on and I did eventually get the book)

J Dub just from perusing that thread, I have a feeling medina stuff is more on the artist and less on him. That does not at all excuse his lack of communication but as Miraclemet mentioned, facilitated sketches are very difficult simply because the artist can sometimes be a and take forever to get their work done, and that is not necessarily the fault of the facilitator. Granted a good facilitator will be in touch the whole time (just as an example I had a book signed by Stan Lee and was supposed to be signed 2 days later through a Facilitator by JR SR, 2 days became 4 months. The facilitator kept updating me though explaining on what was going on and I did eventually get the book)

That may be true and it may be on the artists but this seems to be a constant problem with Menace. Lack of communication, lying about books being completed, missed deadlines. I'm sure many members can back me up here that it is not a new issues with him, nor has he shown any signs of trying to improving it. I know I'm not the only one who will no longer deal with him, I'm sure some others will chime in with similar experiences.

Edited by TheMightyJohn

Ok, so now what excuse do you have for him saying he has been traveling to shows since Feb and is taking a break from the boards. Only email him for a response. Meanwhile, I still have no book and no refund that he received back from me in July?

That may be true and it may be on the artists but this seems to be a constant problem with Menace. Lack of communication, lying about books being completed, missed deadlines. I'm sure many members can back me up here that it is not a new issues with him, nor has he shown any signs of trying to improving it. I know I'm not the only one who will no longer deal with him, I'm sure some others will chime in with similar experiences.

hm