• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So, is there any way to get off the probation list after a four year absence?

I don't have much of an excuse. I fully purchased several items on the board and committed to purchase several others. Something happened that discouraged me from collecting altogether and I just never logged back in to complete the purchases. It was selfish and stupid to not at least contact the people and ask politely to back out.

I quit visiting the board and collecting altogether for almost four years. Now that I have regained my lost interest, I have logged in to realize that I'm on probation and I'm pretty bummed about it.

I'm not really expecting any sort of forgiveness and I assume no one will ever want to sell to me again, but I thought I'd at least post here and apologize.

I don't have much of an excuse. I fully purchased several items on the board and committed to purchase several others. Something happened that discouraged me from collecting altogether and I just never logged back in to complete the purchases. It was selfish and stupid to not at least contact the people and ask politely to back out.

I quit visiting the board and collecting altogether for almost four years. Now that I have regained my lost interest, I have logged in to realize that I'm on probation and I'm pretty bummed about it.

I'm not really expecting any sort of forgiveness and I assume no one will ever want to sell to me again, but I thought I'd at least post here and apologize.

First thing to do is to send a PM to the person or persons who asked to have you put on the PL list, and ask them how you can remedy it.

Then you can queue up behind Parasite or Symbiotic or whatever the heck his name is today and join the other brazenly shameless leaf-turners who stand to benefit from a sudden conscience.

Yeah, this one is also a real "winner". meh

He somehow posted the :takeit: in one of Foolkiller's sales threads before the book was even posted. :o

He was looking into Brian's photobucket account to see what was coming up next.

Then he has the gall, after cheating a second time in the same thread, to say he didn't intend to win the books. meh

He was only posting on the boards for 13 or 14 days, yep, he only wants back in to once again be a pillar of the community. meh

It looks like he stiffed Pirate, J.J., and Foolkiller! :censored:

Yep, a real winner. meh

Just putting an early warning out about Chrissr. He was the one who crapped on foolkillers thread. Bought $20 worth of books from me 10 days ago. Reads each PM but no replys. Figure I would warn some people before he hits the list as he's new.

Sadly I have to agree on this, never paid for his items that he purchased a couple of weeks ago and has not read the PM. A new member that looks to be fly by night...

Sad that I really have to consider not selling to anyone unless they have a set amount of time on the boards or posts...yes it is going to happen...

please add Chrissr to the probation thread. No contact on a $15 transaction. Reads the PM's.

Now that he's been added, I'll throw my two cents here too... Chrissr flaked on $280 worth of stuff in my thread after cheating to try and buy stuff as well. He should certainly be added.

Before you posted here in the probation thread, you only ever posted in three other sales threads. And those three sellers all nominated you for the probation list. How can you say you fully purchased anything, when the only threads you posted in, you flaked on? :facepalm:

If you were to get off the probation list :gossip: and I hope you dont :makepoint:

Whats to stop you losing interest again and disappearing for another 4 years?

When you give the :takeit: here, thats your word you are giving, break that and you are done in my eyes.

Then you can queue up behind Parasite or Symbiotic or whatever the heck his name is today and join the other brazenly shameless leaf-turners who stand to benefit from a sudden conscience.

Yeah, this one is also a real "winner". meh

He somehow posted the :takeit: in one of Foolkiller's sales threads before the book was even posted. :o

He was looking into Brian's photobucket account to see what was coming up next.

Then he has the gall, after cheating a second time in the same thread, to say he didn't intend to win the books. meh

He was only posting on the boards for 13 or 14 days, yep, he only wants back in to once again be a pillar of the community. meh

CGC Boards sleuthing. :cloud9:

I hammered a few nails through the door about -high. -slym

That's for beginners, after the first door gets kicked in you'll go to 3" drywall screws. :foryou:

I am not trying to secure it. I want the nails to puncture flesh.

Drywall screws would work too, though.

:grin:

-slym

But, but, but aren't we supposed to forgive and give people second chances? :whistle:

People that make honest mistakes? Sure!

individual_without_enough_empathys trying to game the system and are only repentant when caught (and sometimes not even then?) Nope.

Hang 'em, hang 'em high.

-slym