• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

There is lying and there is lying in a shameful manner (even though all lying is objectively shameful).

Lying about illness and disease? There's no way to justify that.

That was some shameful lying.

What exactly is the status of Robert Beerbohm (BLBComics) here?

It looks like his m.o. is still the same:

-Delay and obfuscate.

-Endless excuses.

-Slander those who have the temerity to confront him.

-Tell everyone how wonderful he is.

-Create as many distractions and as much doubt as possible.

-He has more hobby celebrity friends (especially the dead ones) than us.

-It's never his responsibility, it's always someone else's fault.

-Life has visited every imaginable tragedy upon him.

-Go to his ebay store and make a purchase.

-Wait for the entire situation to just fade away as people become exasperated, interest is lost, and they move on to other things.

(please feel free to add or subtract from the above list if I've overlooked anything)

BLBcomics started yet another ramble-a-thon in Gold the other day, but it was locked and then deleted by the Mods.

In his view, he is a hobby legend who is deserving of our gratitude and who is entitled to our money.

:facepalm:

(I work nights and it took me a while to catch up, this thread and the others)

To answer Slym as to why I voted No:

While I agree, Solarcadet's actions haven't been well thought out, I still think the HOS is too severe and should be reserved for the worst of the worst. (I believe it was Balls who said something similar)

Perhaps being the focus of a mess storm, plus a possible language barrier issue, has led to more ill advised posts from SC.

This is just my opinion and feel the "pile on" mentality has set in. Now it's bedtime.

I did PM and offered to correct my error of marketplace violations with SpiderFein and he politely declined the offer.

I did make a valid attempt to clear things up with him.

While I agree, Solarcadet's actions haven't been well thought out, I still think the HOS is too severe and should be reserved for the worst of the worst. (I believe it was Balls who said something similar)

Perhaps being the focus of a mess storm, plus a possible language barrier issue, has led to more ill advised posts from SC.

This is just my opinion and feel the "pile on" mentality has set in. Now it's bedtime.

I did PM and offered to correct my error of marketplace violations with SpiderFein and he politely declined the offer.

Was that attempt made pre or post mess storm?

You flew too close to the sun.

I understand your perspective Hado, and I know HOS seems extreme, and should be used in those most egregious scenarios...

but think about how our marketplace works. Its a social contract between internet strangers (often). Unless stated otherwise we all agree to sell books to each other via the typical conveyances of the :takeit: .

Thats the most basic of our marketplace protocol.

He violated that. Thumbed his nose even at honoring an outright :takeit: in a standard sales thread.

If we let someone get a pass on abiding by the basic agreements of the marketplace, what are we saying? No one is socially bound to anything in the marketplace?

While his act was done to a particular member, it was also done to the marketplace as a whole. And to me that's the egregious nature of it.

While some of the HOS listees are there because of big dollar screwjobs, or repeated cheaters, I would say someone outright blows off the rules of the marketplace and shows no regret for doing so doesnt have a path to make things right.

There's nothing from preventing him from participating in the message board as a whole, but the fact that he doesnt give two shakes about how the marketplace abides, to me, means he isnt welcome in the marketplace.

And that's before even getting into his attempt to change his own sale thread rules, trying to make someone pay via paypal personal, etc etc...

Understood and well stated.

Like I said, it was just my opinion, that last nights choices were the result of feeling like a cornered animal. (I'm not going to even comment on the illness thing.)

I still have trouble equating $15 dollars and a poor attitude to what Mr. Thaeda did, and would think after a night to cool down SC might be able to think of ways to begin making a mends to people and get off the PL.

Understandably some may not want to deal with him regardless. My dealings with SC have been amazing, he even helped me get a book from Europe, with no gain for himself.

I mostly just wanted people to know that the "No" votes, at least my own, were coming from people who feel the HOS is too much of a penalty. And not from shills.

I understand your perspective Hado, and I know HOS seems extreme, and should be used in those most egregious scenarios...

but think about how our marketplace works. Its a social contract between internet strangers (often). Unless stated otherwise we all agree to sell books to each other via the typical conveyances of the :takeit: .

He violated that. Thumbed his nose even at honoring an outright :takeit: in a standard sales thread.

If we let someone get a pass on abiding by the basic agreements of the marketplace, what are we saying? No one is socially bound to anything in the marketplace?

While his act was done to a particular member, it was also done to the marketplace as a whole. And to me that's the egregious nature of it.

While some of the HOS listees are there because of big dollar screwjobs, or repeated cheaters, I would say someone outright blows off the rules of the marketplace and shows no regret for doing so doesnt have a path to make things right.

There's nothing from preventing him from participating in the message board as a whole, but the fact that he doesnt give two shakes about how the marketplace abides, to me, means he isnt welcome in the marketplace.

And that's before even getting into his attempt to change his own sale thread rules, trying to make someone pay via paypal personal, etc etc...

Like I said, it was just my opinion, that last nights choices were the result of feeling like a cornered animal. (I'm not going to even comment on the illness thing.)

I still have trouble equating $15 dollars and a poor attitude to what Mr. Thaeda did, and would think after a night to cool down SC might be able to think of ways to begin making a mends to people and get off the PL.

Understandably some may not want to deal with him regardless. My dealings with SC have been amazing, he even helped me get a book from Europe, with no gain for himself.

I mostly just wanted people to know that the "No" votes, at least my own, were coming from people who feel the HOS is too much of a penalty. And not from shills.

I've learned from my experiences that someone who lies for $15 should be watched even more closely than the person that would lie for $15,000. If they'd lie for $15 there's almost no level to which they would not stoop.

I've learned from my experiences that someone who lies for $15 should be watched even more closely than the person that would lie for $15,000. If they'd lie for $15 there's almost no level to which they would not stoop.

To be fair, the guy did help him get a book from Europe :eyeroll:

:roflmao:

meh

Did you tell your father you used his cancer as an excuse for shipping books late? Did you tell him you told another message board member over the internet that he had died, just to make that message board user "feel bad?"

-slym

Thank you!

:)

-slym

I thought the same thing. But the lying about his father and Nam pushed me over to the yes button.

My father in law served 2 tours in Nam. He had the honor of being the National Commander for the Purple Heart for a year.

I never saw combat and I was not even close to it, I served in the USAF and IMO to lie about his father is dishonorable!

sometimes its not about the crime, its about the attitude before the act, during the act, after the act, and after you get caught.

That's why most courts allow quite a bit of leeway.

There's could be a big difference in sentencing for EXACTLY the same thing.

"I swear Your Honor, I thought she was nineteen. I'm so sorry, it will never happen again." = 2 years probation and 200 hours of community service

and

"Don't hate the player Judge, that's how I likes 'em" = 5 years

here the after-the-fact attitude has played a large part in the 'sentencing' in my mind. No denial, no argument, just some flaunting of the acts committed.

This could have been a situation where just the original buyer had a sour taste, but instead has lead to a point where many boardies are calling for HOS.

Its like the "Keepin' real" on Dave Chapelle. - "I don't like people playin' on my phone!"

I thought the same thing. But the lying about his father and Nam pushed me over to the yes button.

My father in law served 2 tours in Nam. He had the honor of being the National Commander for the Purple Heart for a year.

I never saw combat and I was not even close to it, I served in the USAF and IMO to lie about his father is dishonorable!

That turned my stomach when I realized yesterday not only did he lie about his father's death, but he also played the veteran card. But I am still floored he used this story related to a sales transaction, as I would have thought this would be big news when it happened.

That turned my stomach when I realized yesterday not only did he lie about his father's death, but he also played the veteran card. But I am still floored he used this story related to a sales transaction, as I would have thought this would be big news when it happened.

From my relatively short experience here, I've learned that to buy/sell here comes with a certain level of expectation that not limited to just the transaction per se. There is a certain level of behavior that is expected to have the privileges to have access to the sellers/customers on this board. I've had my share of mistakes and by no means am I perfect. This is just my observation.

I will say that while the rules specifically state some of the rules in order to buy and sell, there is so much that is unwritten. While much of it is common sense, I feel that maybe some of it should be spelled out. It may not help deter folks from making some of the mistakes we've seen here recently but it could be used in instances where the offending action is not so clear cut/gray area.

It is certainly a privilege to buy/sell here and why anyone (symbiotic/solar cadet) would throw that away for some short term is baffling.

I got back into comics to buy an AF15. I'm hoping sometime in the near future I can buy that book here as it seems like the best avenue to buy a book like that.

I am nominating MrDeafComics for the probation list based on the following:

Purchased a Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 (from this sales thread http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=316545&Number=7095382#Post7095382) and have not seen delivery of the book yet.

Timeline:

10/16 - Posted the :takeit: in reference to the Spider-man #1 CGC 9.8

10/17 - Paid in full for the book in question.

10/17 - MrDeafComics thanked me for payment and stated book would ship out on "Monday" with the rest. That would have put it with a ship date of 10/21

11/22 - MrDeafComics apologized for not having sent the book out as he had been busy and stated the book would ship out "within the week". Worst case scenario that pushes the ship date to 11/29.

12/5 - As of 1pm EST, a full 50 days after payment I still have not received the book.

12/5 - As of 2pm EST I notified MrDeafComics in a new/seperate PM that I would be bringing this to the "Probation Discussion Thread".

First time I have done this so let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thanks

I am nominating MrDeafComics for the probation list based on the following:

Purchased a Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 (from this sales thread http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=316545&Number=7095382#Post7095382) and have not seen delivery of the book yet.

Timeline:

10/16 - Posted the :takeit: in reference to the Spider-man #1 CGC 9.8

10/17 - Paid in full for the book in question.

10/17 - MrDeafComics thanked me for payment and stated book would ship out on "Monday" with the rest. That would have put it with a ship date of 10/21

11/22 - MrDeafComics apologized for not having sent the book out as he had been busy and stated the book would ship out "within the week". Worst case scenario that pushes the ship date to 11/29.

12/5 - As of 1pm EST, a full 50 days after payment I still have not received the book.

12/5 - As of 2pm EST I notified MrDeafComics in a new/seperate PM that I would be bringing this to the "Probation Discussion Thread".

First time I have done this so let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thanks

AWW man I'm sorry bro. :cry: I hope that you opened a case with PayPal before 45 days, if applicable?