• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think the issue here is that he doesn't care about the things he's done, and continues to prove it with his posts.

I'm not sure if that is Hall Of Shame worthy, as that seems to be reserved for a special breed of epic scumbag.

However, it is worthy of noting in some fashion. This community really doesn't want that kind of attitude amongst it's sellers. Yes, it's a free messageboard where people can act like a gigantic doucherocket as much as they'd like - but people engaging in buy/sell around here deserve to have a way of knowing who they are dealing with.

Cant something be autostamped somehow next to someones name to show they were on the PL or HOS at some point. Like as part of a sig, or on the sidebar next to their name? There has to be a way to work that in somehow?

The jury is still out on you! :baiting:

Im a good guy (shrug)

I can't for the life of me understand why one cannot be honest and up front with selling/purchases.If you say something like "shipping included" or whatever it may be,go through with it honorably.Go by the rules,and you should never have issues.Sheesh! doh!

+1

I don't get it either Oak. It's really a simple process, even for me. lol

It almost ranks up there with the sellers who add the 3% to the total when they send the invoice, with no prior mention of it in their seller terms. doh! At least the other leeches will put the fact that they expect the buyer to front the fees in their terms. :screwy:

This exact scenario keeps me from participating in decent sales threads. You're no auction house, why should we cover your fees, it's the cost of doing business.

6 people said "no" so far on the poll.

Question for the 5 of you that aren't solarcadet - we have all explained why we think he should be on the list, why do you think he shouldn't be?

-slym (18 "yes" votes!) (thumbs u

24:8, yes/no - does solarcadet have 7 shills here? There is no reason to be afraid to speak your mind here...

:devil:

-slym

If we figure out how many people on here have foreign variants to sell we might be able to predict the "NO" votes more accurately.

So now the perception is that if someone buys/sells foreign editions they're a bad person? ???

Wow, figure out the context before speaking, for your own understanding's sake.

Foreign editions are all this guy talks about, it seems to be all he buys, so it was a joke about who could possibly be voting in his favor.

Read more than one post on the topic and attempt to discern sincerity from satire.

More like, wow, be more specific about what you write and/or how it's stated. The way your statement reads is that anyone that's into foreign editions is guilty by association.

I'm sure you'll have something witty or condescending to say in response but you and I never seem to see eye to eye on much of anything. (shrug)

You've got condescending down pat. You started there.

If you took the time to read it in context you'd realize it was satire. Or if you took the time to figure it out and not simply knee-jerk.

Question for the 5 of you that aren't solarcadet - we have all explained why we think he should be on the list, why do you think he shouldn't be?

24:8, yes/no - does solarcadet have 7 shills here? There is no reason to be afraid to speak your mind here...

-slym

If we figure out how many people on here have foreign variants to sell we might be able to predict the "NO" votes more accurately.

So now the perception is that if someone buys/sells foreign editions they're a bad person? ???

Foreign editions are all this guy talks about, it seems to be all he buys, so it was a joke about who could possibly be voting in his favor.

Read more than one post on the topic and attempt to discern sincerity from satire.

More like, wow, be more specific about what you write and/or how it's stated. The way your statement reads is that anyone that's into foreign editions is guilty by association.

I'm sure you'll have something witty or condescending to say in response but you and I never seem to see eye to eye on much of anything. (shrug)

Slym was talking about shills as was Comix. I think you are trying way too hard to be offended.

-slym

You've got condescending down pat. You started there.

If you took the time to read it in context you'd realize it was satire. Or if you took the time to figure it out and not simply knee-jerk.

:eyeroll:

I can't for the life of me understand why one cannot be honest and up front with selling/purchases.If you say something like "shipping included" or whatever it may be,go through with it honorably.Go by the rules,and you should never have issues.Sheesh! doh!

+1

I don't get it either Oak. It's really a simple process, even for me. lol

It's laughable really,and to put your reputation on the line for something so trivial. (shrug)

-slym

Slym was talking about shills as was Comix. I think you are trying way too hard to be offended.

58a0j.jpg

Well I voted Yes in the HOS poll. I think it was Slym who asked the No votes why. I will answer for my Yes vote.

While some may see me as being liberal or overly rule oriented, and I tend to be, this rash of spoon needs to be put to an end. :preach:

There has been a disturbing increase in similar modus operandi as follows:

1) Sale or purchase goes bad

2) Private communication goes on

3) No resolution happens

4) Issue is brought to light on the boards

5) The accused comes on and makes explanations geared towards gaining the sympathy of the boards and expressing remorse in some form

6) Accused is questioned about specifics

7) Entanglement in the story/stories spun by the accused ensues.

8) The accused expresses a desire to right the wrong but over the same time period takes the "I don't care...put me on the list" stance. Later a "spoon you spoons" post often ensues.

In this instance i am still waiting for, as the Beatles said, Number 9.

9) The "spouse" comes on to defend or explain.

I think The Beatles went forward in time, read these threads, went back to the 60s and wrote a song about it!

They would still want to deal with this individual_without_enough_empathy after seeing all this?

Good luck to them...

-slym

You need to post less and pay attention more :baiting:

-slym

58a0j.jpg

56p29.jpg

-slym

I have no dog in this specific fight, but I totally understood what he was saying and the context it was said in 2c

-slym

I have no dog in this specific fight, but I totally understood what he was saying and the context it was said in 2c

Or...short version.

58aml.jpg *

* For the comically challenged, YES, that word was intentionally spelled that way. lol

-slym

Well my thoughtful, insightful post got one reply and this gets a ton. So I will add a thoughtful insightful reply to this. Maybe my other post will get more as people ignore this reply o'Pov.

scomics - why did you change Slym's post from "how many people on here have foreign variants to sell" to "if someone buys/sells foreign editions they're a bad person?"

-slym

Well my thoughtful, insightful post got one reply and this gets a ton. So I will add a thoughtful insightful reply to this. Maybe my other post will get more as people ignore this reply o'Pov.

scomics - why did you change Slym's post from "how many people on here have foreign variants to sell" to "if someone buys/sells foreign editions they're a bad person?"

I don't want to speak for him, mostly because I am convinced we don't communicate in the same language, however, I would guess that's because there wouldn't be anything to be outraged at if Slym's comment, or mine, was taken at face value.

-slym

photo image_zpsd6ec79e7.jpg

I think the issue here is that he doesn't care about the things he's done, and continues to prove it with his posts.

I'm not sure if that is Hall Of Shame worthy, as that seems to be reserved for a special breed of epic scumbag.

However, it is worthy of noting in some fashion. This community really doesn't want that kind of attitude amongst it's sellers. Yes, it's a free messageboard where people can act like a gigantic doucherocket as much as they'd like - but people engaging in buy/sell around here deserve to have a way of knowing who they are dealing with.

Cant something be autostamped somehow next to someones name to show they were on the PL or HOS at some point. Like as part of a sig, or on the sidebar next to their name? There has to be a way to work that in somehow?

Neither the mods nor the CGC will get involved in this, and they would be the ones to make that kind of change.

-slym