• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I can't for the life of me understand why one cannot be honest and up front with selling/purchases.If you say something like "shipping included" or whatever it may be,go through with it honorably.Go by the rules,and you should never have issues.Sheesh! doh!

+1

I don't get it either Oak. It's really a simple process, even for me. lol

It's laughable really,and to put your reputation on the line for something so trivial. (shrug)

$15. It only took $15 to bring down this one.

(:

-slym (for value purposes only, his ruined reputation was priceless but now worthless)

Edited by slym2none

6 people said "no" so far on the poll.

Question for the 5 of you that aren't solarcadet - we have all explained why we think he should be on the list, why do you think he shouldn't be?

24:8, yes/no - does solarcadet have 7 shills here? There is no reason to be afraid to speak your mind here...

:devil:

If we figure out how many people on here have foreign variants to sell we might be able to predict the "NO" votes more accurately.

They would still want to deal with this individual_without_enough_empathy after seeing all this?

Good luck to them...

You need to post less and pay attention more :baiting:

It was an extension of the satire Mr. Caira already started. I just got to throw in a real-life lesson as a bonus.

:)

-slym

Question for the 5 of you that aren't solarcadet - we have all explained why we think he should be on the list, why do you think he shouldn't be?

-slym (18 "yes" votes!) (thumbs u

24:8, yes/no - does solarcadet have 7 shills here? There is no reason to be afraid to speak your mind here...

If we figure out how many people on here have foreign variants to sell we might be able to predict the "NO" votes more accurately.

So now the perception is that if someone buys/sells foreign editions they're a bad person? ???

Well my thoughtful, insightful post got one reply and this gets a ton. So I will add a thoughtful insightful reply to this. Maybe my other post will get more as people ignore this reply o'Pov.

scomics - why did you change Slym's post from "how many people on here have foreign variants to sell" to "if someone buys/sells foreign editions they're a bad person?"

I don't want to speak for him, mostly because I am convinced we don't communicate in the same language, however, I would guess that's because there wouldn't be anything to be outraged at if Slym's comment, or mine, was taken at face value.

Sometimes even taking my comments at face value isn't a good thing. But yeah, this guy not only missed the boat, he took a big leap off the pier long after the ship had sailed away...

-slym

Please no one vote "no" for me. I dont want any of my my foreign friends to be accused of shilling.

Don't you have a cross you are crying to be nailed to, to be nailed to?

-slym (quintuple-tapped that )

Edited by slym2none

Well I voted Yes in the HOS poll. I think it was Slym who asked the No votes why. I will answer for my Yes vote.

While some may see me as being liberal or overly rule oriented, and I tend to be, this rash of spoon needs to be put to an end. :preach:

There has been a disturbing increase in similar modus operandi as follows:

1) Sale or purchase goes bad

2) Private communication goes on

3) No resolution happens

4) Issue is brought to light on the boards

5) The accused comes on and makes explanations geared towards gaining the sympathy of the boards and expressing remorse in some form

6) Accused is questioned about specifics

7) Entanglement in the story/stories spun by the accused ensues.

8) The accused expresses a desire to right the wrong but over the same time period takes the "I don't care...put me on the list" stance. Later a "spoon you spoons" post often ensues.

In this instance i am still waiting for, as the Beatles said, Number 9.

9) The "spouse" comes on to defend or explain.

I think The Beatles went forward in time, read these threads, went back to the 60s and wrote a song about it!

(thumbs u

I've come to believe that posts that like this one are often ignored as there is nothing else to add.

I think the issue here is that he doesn't care about the things he's done, and continues to prove it with his posts.

I'm not sure if that is Hall Of Shame worthy, as that seems to be reserved for a special breed of epic scumbag.

However, it is worthy of noting in some fashion. This community really doesn't want that kind of attitude amongst it's sellers. Yes, it's a free messageboard where people can act like a gigantic doucherocket as much as they'd like - but people engaging in buy/sell around here deserve to have a way of knowing who they are dealing with.

Cant something be autostamped somehow next to someones name to show they were on the PL or HOS at some point. Like as part of a sig, or on the sidebar next to their name? There has to be a way to work that in somehow?

Neither the mods nor the CGC will get involved in this, and they would be the ones to make that kind of change.

-slym

Yes, the "auto-stamp" has been brought up many times before. The mods will not and should not get involved in our self-policing area.

As regards Dr. Balls's statement that "I'm not sure if that is Hall Of Shame worthy, as that seems to be reserved for a special breed of epic scumbag." I am really taking a 180 on this. The 8 (almost 9) points I mentioned above are becoming more common. They are reminiscent of other HOS members.

Thing is, HOS and PL are reversible. But the increasing level of, well, scumbaggery on the boards brings concerns.

In another thread, I wished for 2014 to have less liars, cheaters, scammers, & stealers.

I still hope for that, but damn - I must have jinxed the remainder of 2013 to a hell consisting of con men and dumbasses.

My bad... :sorry:

-slym ( ;) )

They would still want to deal with this individual_without_enough_empathy after seeing all this?

Good luck to them...

You need to post less and pay attention more :baiting:

It was an extension of the satire Mr. Caira already started. I just got to throw in a real-life lesson as a bonus.

:)

-slym

I thought he was semi serious about that part. There are a lot of people here who buy from people with less than stellar reputations.

I can't for the life of me understand why one cannot be honest and up front with selling/purchases.If you say something like "shipping included" or whatever it may be,go through with it honorably.Go by the rules,and you should never have issues.Sheesh! doh!

+1

It's laughable really,and to put your reputation on the line for something so trivial. (shrug)

(:

-slym (for value purposes only, his ruined reputation was priceless but now worthless)

It was $15 + the paypal fees, get it right. :baiting:

:P

I've come to believe that posts that like this one are often ignored as there is nothing else to add.

Why thank you jsilverjanet (may I cal you JS?). I shall take that to heart and understand all of my not responded to posts actually ARE so complete, so fraught with truth, that nothing more be added!

OK - a little bit of sarcasm but I actually DO appreciate your intervention. :hi:

"There is at least a shred of truth behind every joke."

That really isn't always true, however.

hm

-slym

Slym. You fail me. You disappoint me. If there was not a shred of truth behind every joke, then there would BE no joke. Can you not see that? I weep for the younger generation. :(

I make off-colour jokes all the time with absolutely no basis in reality. I am no rapist/misogynist/pedophile/I could go on, but I make jokes about that stuff.

Besides, I am no spring chicken - how old are you, anyway, Pov?

;)

-slym (circa 1971)

+1

(:

It was $15 + the paypal fees, get it right. :baiting:

:P

Well hell that was worth it. :boo:

I make off-colour jokes all the time with absolutely no basis in reality. I am no rapist/misogynist/pedophile/I could go on, but I make jokes about that stuff.

;)

-slym (circa 1971)

Hey Slym, I think he has you beat on the birth date. :gossip:

:whistle:

Here comes Pov with his "young whippersnapper" comeback. :makepoint:

;)

-slym (circa 1971)

Born in 1950. Wanna trade? (My gawd you are just a pup!)

Just to add - I don't make rapist or pedophile jokes. My former fiancee was subject to one and I was subject to the other (neither of these are actually unknown here). So I tend to not joke. But you are still Slym in my book (whatever the hell that means!) :hi:

Edited by Poverty_Row

;)

-slym (circa 1971)

Hey Slym, I think he has you beat on the birth date. :gossip:

:whistle:

Here comes Pov with his "young whippersnapper" comeback. :makepoint:

I didn't know Methusela was a member here!

(:

-slym