• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

4 major threads in one day about a huge mistake on the sellers part (on top of previous decisions in extremely poor taste). While he more than likely will get HOS (and deservedly so) my only concern is the quickness of all of this. A lot of this is during the "heat of the moment" with "emotions running high"

By no means am I asking for forgiveness for him or anyone else but this rush to judgement seems a bit quick. Nor am I asking for a timeout on a vote in this matter. Simply trying to understand how things work here.

Solarcadet definitely did not do himself any favors by challenging the community, and I believe this is probably the final nail in the coffin.

My apologies if this seems out of place, just trying to understand the community even more.

I can't believe what I just read about Solarcadet and his post. Prob list for him. What a tool.

:facepalm:

so where is the probation? bring it

im not selling so what am i probated from?

All we're missing is for him to dare us all to keep him from posting. doh!

He should go straight to the H.O.S.

Agreed!

-slym

(thumbs u :roflmao:

586ih.jpg

its not out of place this is a place to discuss hos and pl nominations.That's why its a two week poll , to allow everyone to have there say including people who come into this later on.

4 major threads in one day about a huge mistake on the sellers part (on top of previous decisions in extremely poor taste). While he more than likely will get HOS (and deservedly so) my only concern is the quickness of all of this. A lot of this is during the "heat of the moment" with "emotions running high"

By no means am I asking for forgiveness for him or anyone else but this rush to judgement seems a bit quick. Nor am I asking for a timeout on a vote in this matter. Simply trying to understand how things work here.

Solarcadet definitely did not do himself any favors by challenging the community, and I believe this is probably the final nail in the coffin.

My apologies if this seems out of place, just trying to understand the community even more.

As someone stated earlier

1. He used the fake death of his dad to get sympathy from boardies for not paying or shipping books (i forget which)

2. He asked for paypal personal

3. He changed the rules of his sales thread after the :takeit: was posted

Not sure the community is reacting quickly, but rather acting justly! When you use a dying family member as an excuse for anything when its a lie, it deserves far worse than the HOS list on a sales forum. Add to that the other bullet points...

I show remorse fr going against any forum policies. Put me in the PL List if you must.

Umm no I don't think you do. You probably have issues with authority that makes you post comments that would make Gary Busey blush.

I show remorse fr going against any forum policies. Put me in the PL List if you must.

You weren't showing remorse when you disallowed the "takeit" that Spideyfein posted until it was brought up for everyone to see.

meh

-slym

Usually what would slow this down would be a person denying the actions that got them into trouble. We have someone defending his actions as right.

Also we'd have someone attempting to make things right. We've got someone pouring napalm on a forest fire he lit in the first place.

Some people would see the extraordinary bad taste it would take to fake a parent's death in order to make an internet forum member "feel bad", we have a guy reveling in being the deep dark center of a horse's rectal cavity in this regard.

Normally, there would be something, anything, to counter balance the weight. That's not happening here.

586p4.jpg

Usually what would slow this down would be a person denying the actions that got them into trouble. We have someone defending his actions as right.

Also we'd have someone attempting to make things right. We've got someone pouring napalm on a forest fire he lit in the first place.

Some people would see the extraordinary bad taste it would take to fake a parent's death in order to make an internet forum member "feel bad", we have a guy reveling in being the deep dark center of a horse's rectal cavity in this regard.

Normally, there would be something, anything, to counter balance the weight. That's not happening here.

I agree with you. Very poor taste and the seller did not do himself any favors and clearly had plenty of opportunities to correct this earlier before it snowballed into this.

I understand this better now and can vote in good faith.

6 people said "no" so far on the poll.

Question for the 5 of you that aren't solarcadet - we have all explained why we think he should be on the list, why do you think he shouldn't be?

-slym (18 "yes" votes!) (thumbs u

24:8, yes/no - does solarcadet have 7 shills? There is no reason to be afraid to speak your mind here...

:devil:

-slym

6 people said "no" so far on the poll.

Question for the 5 of you that aren't solarcadet - we have all explained why we think he should be on the list, why do you think he shouldn't be?

-slym (18 "yes" votes!) (thumbs u

24:8, yes/no - does solarcadet have 7 shills here? There is no reason to be afraid to speak your mind here...

:devil:

-slym

If we figure out how many people on here have foreign variants to sell we might be able to predict the "NO" votes more accurately.

1. He used the fake death of his dad to get sympathy from boardies for not paying or shipping books (i forget which)

Wait. I didn't know that involved a sales transaction. When this came up a few months back, I thought it was just to make people feel bad for him.

What transaction was this?

Wait. I didn't know that involved a sales transaction. When this came up a few months back, I thought it was just to make people feel bad for him.

It involved using the "death" as an excuse for slow/no shipping when promised. I had the link earlier.

It involved using the "death" as an excuse for slow/no shipping when promised. I had the link earlier.

I had no idea. It came across as just a story he told before.

:(