• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOOKS amatuer home pressing thread !

195 posts in this topic

Hooks,

I guess I'll start by asking what do you want to do to make this right if anything?

I believe he said he would refund 100% if you just asked him to do so. (shrug)

I always offer 100% $$ back guarantee and have always done so immediately if there was a issue.

I guess I meant the whole lack of disclosure. That seems to be what has upset people the most, even the ones that didn't purchase. I for one would have still bought the book if he disclosed the pressing, but only if it turned out well.

If he didn't disclose and you want to send it back, then send it back and get a refund. I didn't read where his refund policy was conditional.

I understand what Hooks did and how some people do not like it. I think he has been effectively outed and he is offering to make amends. He's a bonehead, not a crook.

Thanks for the ,um compliment Jim. (thumbs u

Hooks,

I guess I'll start by asking what do you want to do to make this right if anything?

I always offer 100% $$ back guarantee and have always done so immediately if there was a issue.

I guess I meant the whole lack of disclosure. That seems to be what has upset people the most, even the ones that didn't purchase. I for one would have still bought the book if he disclosed the pressing, but only if it turned out well.

He's a bonehead, not a crook.

Swoon. Bonehead, not a crook :luhv:

Hooks,

If he didn't disclose and you want to send it back, then send it back and get a refund. I didn't read where his refund policy was conditional.

I understand what Hooks did and how some people do not like it. I think he has been effectively outed and he is offering to make amends. He's a bonehead, not a crook.

No problem.

I am amazed that you haven't managed to dig your hole any deeper and for that you deserve some acknowledgment.

Just square everyone up that wants to be square and I'm sure things will be fine. I don't see any need for a rockin' and rollin' drama thread.

Hooks,

He's a bonehead, not a crook.

Swoon. Bonehead, not a crook :luhv:

bone_head.gif

Yeah, honestly, I don't know Hooks, and I don't have a dog in this fight, but it sounds like he made a mistake and is more than willing to make amends. Compared to what's happened to us proud owners of the Comicseekers moldy mystery pedigree boxes, it seems pretty much a non-issue. We got a resounding "screw you" when we confronted the seller. This seems more like a thread closed to me. (shrug)

Hooks,

No problem.

I am amazed that you haven't managed to dig your hole any deeper and for that you deserve some acknowledgment.

Just square everyone up that wants to be square and I'm sure things will be fine. I don't see any need for a rockin' and rollin' drama thread.

I may mess around here a lot but I will always do whats right when it comes to transactions and/or ethics , period. And , I will make certain that I disclose everything. No one has contacted me except with some words of advice but if they do I will surely resolve it !

BTW , prior to this , I think Diva could have suggested how I could have handled it , and I would have.

I'm going back to buying , selling is a pain in the arse , as usual.

I like the bonehead not a crook comment. And I like the way hooks has been answering questions and seeking to fix things. That's refreshing after the whole comicseekers and capfreak types. (thumbs u

Hooks,

Agreed. (thumbs u

Andy

I like the bonehead not a crook comment. And I like the way hooks has been answering questions and seeking to fix things. That's refreshing after the whole comicseekers and capfreak types. (thumbs u

Does the BH in Bhhooks22 stand for BoneHead??

hm

hm

Does now.

Its good to hear you stand behind your warranty, that's very important.

Lack of disclosure is what bothers me the most about pressers not so much there doing it and thats the difference between this issue and the issues plaguing the CS ordeal and the CapF ordeal.

That is, to a lot of members here its none of the buyers business what the seller did to the book while they owned it and so they think your books selling that way (well other than it being an amateur pressing job) is perfectly fine and you felt the same too.

I guess if people want to buy books from you they should now ask about pressing and it sounds like you have no problem telling them now.

I'm sure you can't make everyone totally happy but try anyway and don't stop selling as a result.

That is your life, selling old things.

Practice your pressing more next time :makepoint:

Mrs. Butterworth........... :cloud9:

Hey! You and me registered here on the same day!

What a trip.

Almost like Hobo and Depluto. ;)

So gay. Perfect for a Hooks thread.

:roflmao:

hm

:D