• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

I predicted last month that vgs would push 1500 and vg/fns 2000 + by next year...

part of me wishes I had of held onto all my copies, but I go with the flow

If you can land that VFish copy for a reasonable price it will more than make up for it. (thumbs u

"Reasonable" has probably left the building when it comes to that grade (if you can find one). Now that would be one hot book in an auction, and I can't even begin to imagine how many people would trip over themselves for a 9.6 copy.

odd that first sa lantern seems hot and first ga lantern seems (relatively) dead?

I had 3 GL 1's...sold 1 of them, then, based on the SC 22 "heat" I am going to be getting more agressive on GL1's too... but, unlike SC22 where 4.0 and higher is the sweet spot...seems 7.0 and higher is the sweet spot on GL1...I suspect those will be as hot if not hotter than SC 22 sooner than later (thumbs u

odd that first sa lantern seems hot and first ga lantern seems (relatively) dead?

Not really kind of like ASM#1 vs AF#15, no contest.

Sorry I miss read your note, though we were talking about SC#22 vs GL (SA) #1. doh!

The GL#1 GA is hard to find unrestored and in lower grades and most of the time the multiple's as a percentage of guide are much higher than copies in fine or above. I think a couple 6.0-6.5's sold in the $7K range and I recently made an inquiry for a poor copy but the seller wanted $4k! A 2.5 but with brittle pages went for $2,500 on CC and that is about as cheap as your going to get, if the pages were cream it would have probably fetch another $1k. Long story short, I believe the entry point to get a unrestored GA GL#1 is likely more expensive than what the typical GA collector will want to spend and they are just not readibly available. Showcase #22 will see the same run on prices that we saw with AF#15 last year.

Have you had a chance to double check the book I asked you about yet (or is it still in transit?)? :baiting:

arrived, just have to warm up the scanner!

I had 3 GL 1's...sold 1 of them, then, based on the SC 22 "heat" I am going to be getting more agressive on GL1's too... but, unlike SC22 where 4.0 and higher is the sweet spot...seems 7.0 and higher is the sweet spot on GL1...I suspect those will be as hot if not hotter than SC 22 sooner than later (thumbs u

I just can't see that book being in the same ballpark with SC 22. SC 22 is so much more desirable, and then throuw in the scarcity and I see the difference being at least as wide as between AF 15 and Spidey 1. But what do I know about comic markets.

I just can't see that book being in the same ballpark with SC 22. SC 22 is so much more desirable, and then throuw in the scarcity and I see the difference being at least as wide as between AF 15 and Spidey 1. But what do I know about comic markets.

I agree that GL 1 grade for grade won't stay in the same ballpark...but, mid grade SC will be rivaled by higer grade GL (IMO)

GL #1 is way more important than SC #22, because GL #1 has a #1 on the cover. We all know that in comic collecting, #1 is always twice as good as #2 and 22 times better than #22.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :sumo:

GL #1 is way more important than SC #22, because GL #1 has a #1 on the cover. We all know that in comic collecting, #1 is always twice as good as #2 and 22 times better than #22.

:signfunny:

Might want to change it.

http://comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=15709&zoom=4

Might want to change it.

lol

I agree that GL 1 grade for grade won't stay in the same ballpark...but, mid grade SC will be rivaled by higer grade GL (IMO)

The thing that totally stupifies me is that Showcase 22 and GL 1 are both relatively the same price in OSPG in ALL grades....a prime example of how illogical the DC market has become. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Might want to change it.

Er... as I was saying, it'll have a big #1 on it thanks to the big "#1" sticker that I'll put on it! :sumo: