• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,805 posts in this topic

It's been slow going in Picture Frame land for me lately. But I had a nice new arrival today. I have a 9.2, a 9.4, and now this. I don't feel the need to upgrade anymore.

Of all the non-reprint superhero PFs, this book and Astonishing Tales #12 have been the hardest for me to find in 9.6.

yq73.jpg

Congrats on the find, Barton, it's got beautiful square cover registration. The Oakland 9.6 copy of this ish has been offered on E-Bay for some time, but the seller wants an outrageous price for it and it's not as nice as your copy.

Congrats on the find, Barton, it's got beautiful square cover registration. The Oakland 9.6 copy of this ish has been offered on E-Bay for some time, but the seller wants an outrageous price for it and it's not as nice as your copy.

Thanks, Bob.

I've been seeing that Oakland copy on eBay for months. And I've made the seller what I thought was a very generous offer. He countered with his outrageous price less $50. I'm glad I resisted fueling that guy's insanity. I can buy a lot of books with the money I saved.

Edited by Ghost Town

Very cool. How many do you have left to find?

16 out of 388 to have the entire run in CGC 9.0 or better.

A truly amazing job Barton. I'm glad its nearing the end for you. :applause:

Thanks, George. You've been a huge help with some of the more hard-to-find books.

I think the end is probably still a number of years away. As you know, there are some books like Millie the Model, Li'l Kids, and My Love that rarely, if ever, turn up in high grade.

Someday, I'll probably be on my death bed lamenting the Millie the Model #195 in 9.0+ that eluded my grasp for 30 years.

I suspect you find the elusiveness is part of the fun. ;)

I have a special fondness for picture frame Marvels, as they were the comics that turned this teenager into a life-long comic fan and collector. I really enjoy seeing and admire your collection of them.

Some cool stories, too: Morbius fighting a 6-armed Spidey, the Kree-Skrull war, Ragnarok and rebirth, Dr. Strange's trip into an alternate reality with talking trees and clouds, Thor versus the Surfer, Thor versus Ego-Prime, an atom-sized Hulk, Cap fights the Falcon, Fury versus Hitler, the Frost Giants, the return of Galactus, Dracula chased by a next-generation van Helsing, and on and on.

The first ish of Thor I bought off the rack that helped start my collecting habit was #200, on sale in March of 1972. I've still got those raw picture frames, and have since acquired the missing earlier issues. I also have these:

Thor193cgc3.jpg

Thor194cgc3.jpg

Thor195cgc3.jpg

Thor196cgc3.jpg