• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,797 posts in this topic

Yeah it makes appreciate the Suscha find even more because without them this thread was essentially dead for too long. I'm hoping Metro has a pile of ungraded gems that have yet to come to market because right now I could start buying duplicates as I'm getting frustrated trying to find issues I need but are not on the market. Metro has some issues I'd love to get my hands on but man some of the prices are steep. :eek: Maybe the ComicConnect November auction will start to fill up with some goodies. :wishluck:

Yeah it makes appreciate the Suscha find even more because without them this thread was essentially dead for too long. I'm hoping Metro has a pile of ungraded gems that have yet to come to market because right now I could start buying duplicates as I'm getting frustrated trying to find issues I need but are not on the market. Metro has some issues I'd love to get my hands on but man some of the prices are steep. :eek: Maybe the ComicConnect November auction will start to fill up with some goodies. :wishluck:

I have my eyes on 5 books, but refuse to overpay - my offers were more than generous. I'm really hoping they decide to auction them off, as I'll likely win them all for less.

I have my eyes on 5 books, but refuse to overpay - my offers were more than generous. I'm really hoping they decide to auction them off, as I'll likely win them all for less.

There are a few "throphy" 9.8 books I would love to own for the long-term but they seem to be priced at 2 or 3 times what the average copy would sell for. The FF#134 for example is asking $675 and that is a $200 book on a good day. :facepalm:

There are a few "throphy" 9.8 books I would love to own for the long-term but they seem to be priced at 2 or 3 times what the average copy would sell for. The FF#134 for example is asking $675 and that is a $200 book on a good day. :facepalm:

As are some of the Marvel horror titles.

I was just thinking this morning how quiet this thread has been.

I've been trying to keep the thread active but it's been harder and harder for me to fill the holes in the run (and post the new arrivals). I started searching for the squarebound PFs in 2007. And all of them in 2008. Five years later, I'm wondering how many more years it'll take to complete the run in 9.0+.

I've got a feeling it could be another 5 years or more before I find all 388 in 9.0 or better. The challenge definitely makes it a lot of fun. But I wish some nice Millies, Wyatt Earps, and My Loves would surface before I hit retirement age.

That set will be a sight to see as most of us BAers understand that it is IMO opinion on par with a 30 or 35 cent set quest as there are more overall books and some real hard ones in there if your base level requirement is 9.0.

That set will be a sight to see as most of us BAers understand that it is IMO opinion on par with a 30 or 35 cent set quest as there are more overall books and some real hard ones in there if your base level requirement is 9.0.

I know there are probably decent raw copies out there somewhere. (Greggy seems to have them all.) But here's a list of PF books without a single CGC 9.0+ copy:

Chili #18

Chili #19

Li'l Kids #4

Li'l Kids #5

Li'l Kids #6

Millie The Model #194

Millie The Model #195

Millie The Model #197

Millie The Model #198

My Love #20

Our Love Story #20

Rawhide Kid #105

And there are plenty more with only one 9.0+ copy in the census.