• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,797 posts in this topic

Those Thors are great. I suspect we are close to the same age. My fist book off the rack was Defenders #2. Still have it but beat and well loved. My first Thor was #225 - at least that was the first one I remember buying and reading. I was hooked on Thor after that. Loved the art and that was the Firelord issue.

:applause:

Beautiful Thors.

Four years in, this is still my favorite thread. Keep 'em coming, folks!

With the Rocky Mountain, Twin Cities, and Suscha News pedigrees all hitting the market with runs of sweet picture frames, the last couple of years have been a great time to improve the collection. It wasn't Kirby, but Buscema and Sinnott did some really nice work in this run. FF #123 was the first ish of the title I bought off the rack and saved in March of '72.

FF116cgc.jpg

FF117cgc.jpg

FF118cgc-1.jpg

It's been slow going in Picture Frame land for me lately. But I had a nice new arrival today. I have a 9.2, a 9.4, and now this. I don't feel the need to upgrade anymore.

Of all the non-reprint superhero PFs, this book and Astonishing Tales #12 have been the hardest for me to find in 9.6.

yq73.jpg

Amazing book, Barton. The production quality is fantastic! :applause:

Thanks for the kind responses. The FF and Thor picture frame runs are my best, and the only two I've got with every copy being above 9.4.

Great stuff, Bob. Powerhouse picture-frames and top-tier grades. :golfclap:

I am green-eyed with envy, BIG TIME! (worship)