• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,898 posts in this topic

That's one hell of a collection to unload at a garage sale!

First off, the guy was a class-act. He was such a nice person to deal with, which makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable. Just for clarification, I originally picked up the Jetfire, Transformers carrying case, Gobots, Fisher Price dollhouse and two framed Star Wars (ANH) puzzles that were already framed, and a third puzzle with all the pieces in its original box from the garage sale.

When I purchased these, I asked if he had any others. He told me a guy had been there an hour earlier and bought all his MOTU figures, and he mentioned the Castle Greyskull. Based on the stuff I bought from him, I have no reason to doubt they were still in their packaging, but he might have been referring to the Castle Greyskull only as the MOTU figures were not original boxed but carded figures. Anyhow I lost out on that opportunity, but when asked if he had other stuff he began to jog his memory and said he had a bunch of Star Wars stuff which really piqued my interest.

I handed him my card and asked him to call me as I'd like to see what he had. That was on Saturday. On Sunday (yesterday) he left a message and mentioned he found all his Star Wars stuff and that he had a bunch of MASK and other misc toys. The last set of pictures were from that purchase. As much as I'm bummed to have missed out on the MOTU figures, I'm super-thankful that he didn't try selling the Star Wars and MASK stuff at the garage sale.

Apparently he mentioned he handed my information to a few people he knows who have comics and old toys so hopefully that pans out :)

Bottom line, always ask even if the stuff isn't around when you're browsing. I had some cards printed out with an email and phone number which avoids the hassle of looking for a pen and paper.

2012-07-22184650.jpg

Fact: I have that Mask Rhino buried in the backyard of my parent's old house from when I was a little kid.

Thanks for that flashback!

What a great and innovative toy vehicle! The Rhino that came with this haul is immaculate, and complete (including bomb, figures, inserts, instruction sheets). Some of the engineering and tooling on the G1 Transformers was certainly awesome, but the engineering on some of transformations on these vehicles steps it up a notch with the play and action. I'm going to take some photos of it later. He was showing me all the actions and features - I honestly couldn't keep track of them all!

The guy from the garage sale called me back and I got more stuff.

Vintage, original owner toys mostly from Kenner and some Mattel.

MASK (with instruction sheets and catalogs) Thunderhawk, Vampire, Jackhammer, Boulder Hill, Firefly, Condor, Rhino, Piranha, Switchblade and Hurricane. The loose figures include Captain Power toy line (Mattel based these on the Captain Power Canadian televison series from 1987).

The figures include Soaron, Lord Dread, Blastarr. It was a very well produced TV series for its time. The fourth figure is Poncho from the CHiPs TV series and Mego line of 3 3/4 figures.

A nice C9 Boba Fett, two C-3PO's, a jedi training arm with ball from the Millenium Falcon. Cool Star Wars collector case too.

In the tray from left to right, Chewbacca, DS Commander, Farmboy Luke, Hammerhead, Bespin Guard, Darth Vader, Lando, Rebel Commander, Rebel Soldier, Bespin Leia, Yoda, Obi Wan Kenobi, Leia, two Snowtroopers, Bossk, Large head Han Solo, Carbonite Han from Slave 1, Bespin Luke and Han Solo.

Worlds of Wonder Lazer Tag, complete with Duracell refund sheets, service/support card, and all paperwork, inserts and working. The GDE Empire Snowspeeder instruction and catalogs are a great bonus to the lot.

Edit: Figured out the white figure with the helmet and glasses is from the 1975 Fisher Price Adventure People line - he's the male parachuter.

Until today, I had no idea how cool the MASK toys are:

I always wanted a Thunderhawk! (worship)

Never got one though! :censored:

Seems like alot of 80's toys are flooding the market if this thread is any indication of the market lol.

Anyways guy came back and brought me my file cards and my puzzle that he forgot.

Puzzle was complete and I am always into interesting items like this.

128449.jpg.2e16b463cb8c28e71c83368e08707bef.jpg

That's one hell of a collection to unload at a garage sale!

First off, the guy was a class-act. He was such a nice person to deal with, which makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable. Just for clarification, I originally picked up the Jetfire, Transformers carrying case, Gobots, Fisher Price dollhouse and two framed Star Wars (ANH) puzzles that were already framed, and a third puzzle with all the pieces in its original box from the garage sale.

When I purchased these, I asked if he had any others. He told me a guy had been there an hour earlier and bought all his MOTU figures, and he mentioned the Castle Greyskull. Based on the stuff I bought from him, I have no reason to doubt they were still in their packaging, but he might have been referring to the Castle Greyskull only as the MOTU figures were not original boxed but carded figures. Anyhow I lost out on that opportunity, but when asked if he had other stuff he began to jog his memory and said he had a bunch of Star Wars stuff which really piqued my interest.

I handed him my card and asked him to call me as I'd like to see what he had. That was on Saturday. On Sunday (yesterday) he left a message and mentioned he found all his Star Wars stuff and that he had a bunch of MASK and other misc toys. The last set of pictures were from that purchase. As much as I'm bummed to have missed out on the MOTU figures, I'm super-thankful that he didn't try selling the Star Wars and MASK stuff at the garage sale.

Apparently he mentioned he handed my information to a few people he knows who have comics and old toys so hopefully that pans out :)

Bottom line, always ask even if the stuff isn't around when you're browsing. I had some cards printed out with an email and phone number which avoids the hassle of looking for a pen and paper.

That was a nice grab. Jetfire is always a cool find. Really like those gobots as well. Psycho was one of my favs. Thinking after I am done my joe collection I am going to do gobots next.

Seems like alot of 80's toys are flooding the market if this thread is any indication of the market lol.

Anyways guy came back and brought me my file cards and my puzzle that he forgot.

Cool Joe puzzle.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with the idea of old toys flooding the market. Toys are a completely different animal than comics. As long as you can grade comics and detect resto, it isn't nearly as complicated as buying toys. I see far more overstock comics flooding the market than toys.

And when it comes to finding toys still in their original packaging, they just don't happen with any degree of regularity. A lot of it comes down to timing and good fortune.

nice, most new puzzles are missing at least one piece

I don't have any afa graded figures for GI Joe. I just try and find collections and put it together loose. I only have one carded Joe figure which is Recoil which I bought last weekend because only cost $20.

I don't have any carded figures for Star Wars. I did buy a bunch of Star Wars awhile back which I was trading but thinking now that I got this collection going to take the Star Wars off the market and keep them for myself.

On a side note found a complete secto-viper with the hard to find helmet. Got my hit n run knifefinally along with a bunch of hard to find pieces.

No Star duster or silver pad flash though.

Amazing find! You ever get a steel brigade figure from any collection?

I had at one point 3 version "C" incomplete. I traded 2 away for stuff I needed and just need the gun and I have that version complete.

Not sure if people are video game collectors, but I snagged a ps1 lot off craigslist a couple days ago.

Suikoden, Final Fantasy Tactics, Anthology, VII, IX, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete.

Lunar 2 is the only one incomplete missing the book and medallion, but everything else is complete and all are in great condition.

I don't have any afa graded figures for GI Joe. I just try and find collections and put it together loose. I only have one carded Joe figure which is Recoil which I bought last weekend because only cost $20.

I don't have any carded figures for Star Wars. I did buy a bunch of Star Wars awhile back which I was trading but thinking now that I got this collection going to take the Star Wars off the market and keep them for myself.

On a side note found a complete secto-viper with the hard to find helmet. Got my hit n run knifefinally along with a bunch of hard to find pieces.

No Star duster or silver pad flash though.

Amazing find! You ever get a steel brigade figure from any collection?

I had at one point 3 version "C" incomplete. I traded 2 away for stuff I needed and just need the gun and I have that version complete.

I regret selling my C9 Gold, (complete) years ago. :sorry:

Not sure if people are video game collectors, but I snagged a ps1 lot off craigslist a couple days ago.

Suikoden, Final Fantasy Tactics, Anthology, VII, IX, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete.

Lunar 2 is the only one incomplete missing the book and medallion, but everything else is complete and all are in great condition.

That's a great score. I picked up a NES complete in the box off craigslist today for $30.

nes-2.jpg

Check my posts throughout this thread. I am a major dealer. I went to a video game auction at a person's house over the weekend and dropped about $600 on various rare games. If you have any direct questions PM me. I am always happy to help and will not make an offer on your items, as I consider it unethical; especially if someone is asking about advice.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Toys are a 'whole other animal' and unlike MOST comic books, certain toys are quite hard to find in near mint to complete and new condition. Vintage Star Wars toys (especially carded) will always have a following.

Edited to include clarification: Toys are distinct from comic books; as they generally come with individual parts and are packaged. This makes collecting them much more diverse; and older carded and new toys can be very hard to find.

Edited by mintcollector

That's a great score. I picked up a NES complete in the box off craigslist today for $30.

nes-2.jpg

Great find. I need to.get one of these.