• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,898 posts in this topic

Maybe I should try this sometime... hm

When I lived in Illinois about 4 years ago, I guy I worked with always said "You could fall into a pile of chit and come out smelling like a bed of roses" when it came to the great comics I was able to find. And my response to him was always "No, I WORK at it!" I constantly am checking eBay, other online auctions, craigslist, garage sales, flea markets, estate sales, antique malls, etc. looking for comics and certain magazines.

So just keep pounding the pavement (and the internet) and keep your eyes peeled. There are still many treasures out there to be had. (thumbs u

+1. It also helps to try to build a relationship with the seller. They may just contact you about that longbox they found in the attic before putting it on craigslist or in the next garage sale.

Maybe I should try this sometime... hm

When I lived in Illinois about 4 years ago, I guy I worked with always said "You could fall into a pile of chit and come out smelling like a bed of roses" when it came to the great comics I was able to find. And my response to him was always "No, I WORK at it!" I constantly am checking eBay, other online auctions, craigslist, garage sales, flea markets, estate sales, antique malls, etc. looking for comics and certain magazines.

So just keep pounding the pavement (and the internet) and keep your eyes peeled. There are still many treasures out there to be had. (thumbs u

+1. It also helps to try to build a relationship with the seller. They may just contact you about that longbox they found in the attic before putting it on craigslist or in the next garage sale.

+1 to both of these.

I found a great collection last year that I lost out on because I didn't have the money available. So that's another thing. Always have the cash ready to close at that moment.

And if you build the right relationship, it could yield big, I've met a few guys who always calling me up when they get something good. I've scored some nice books because of this.

Two memorable Craigslist experiences one where everything was cover price. Bronze Marvel runs including most of the keys.

The other was a guy who had hauled away the comics like fifty long boxes for someone for free. He had no clue of the value but assured me he had an idea of what he wanted. So I thought itd be a fixed price per book. So I go over in like August in a non climate controlled storage building, spend a few hours digging and bring him a pile. Then he whips out a price guide and starts quoting NM prices. I offered to consign and he agreed. He allowed me to have the GS X Men 1 pressed and slabbed. It was super wavy...came back a 4.5 I think. Rest of the collection was slightly better but no NMs anywhere. Ended up being far too much work in the end. But since I was doing no reserve eBay auctions he finally understood why he couldn't go by price guide for NM on every book.

Paid $1 each for these at an end of summer garage sale. They had tons of gaming drek, but a few good items I guess.

The converter makes your Game-boy advance SP able to play japanese nintendo games with video output, and the onslaught genesis game is worth a bit more than a dollar according to pricecharting (right now it says $15 loose cart.)

I wish I had these peoples gig. Getting all the videogames FREE from a christian thrift store, because they don't allow them there. I bought a few sega cd games from them as well. Apparently they have a basement full of stuff... I can't imagine the cool stuff they recieve.

-Another rule of thumb: Talk to people!! Now I know why I never found any games at that store, so I won't waste my time there anymore.

IMG_20140121_084826_682_zps53a76a75.jpg

Picked up all this stuff at a recent estate sale for $114. I believe the page is from Avengers 80 by Big John. It's signed by Stan on the back.

:golfclap: Congrats on the mixed bag of great items; makes me want to hit up some local sales.

Were the comics advertised in an ad or was this a drive by type find?

It was advertised. A bunch of local collector/picker/speculators showed up and they tore through the house and went straight to the comics (mostly 80s - 90s stuff) and turned their nose up at the Buscema page which was leaning against the wall in a broken frame. The $75 price tag scared them all away. lol

I have no idea if the Elvis radio has any value but it was $10 in the box. The two B&Bs were $5 for the pair. I forgot to show an image of the Amazing Adventures/Adult Fantasy/Fantasy Omnibus that was a throw in.

Clearly it's rare to find this kind of stuff at an estate sale and then for bargain price. Usually if they have any comics they're WAY overpriced. It was a fun day.

Just picked this up today at a Pawn Shop that had advertised on Craigslist.

Paid $265 and I think I got a steal!

AmazingSpider-Man129_zpsa799826a.jpeg

I'm beginning to really dislike you.

lol!

He was asking $450 but because it was a pawn shop I knew I could offer partial trade. Ended up giving $175 cash, a 12 year old movado with beat up leather band worth about $60 and an old iPod Nano worth $30.