• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

I would play Golden Tee money games with anyone on the boards...

I'll take that bet, scrub. Bring it. :)

Oh, Chip, he's hustling you. Really. You'll lose.

Somebody knows what I did in my third career after I sold Moondog's...

Man, you shouldn't have fessed up, Gary. Hustle him. ;)

I have no clue what you guys are talking about. (shrug)

Was Gary a professional Golden Tee player?

WTF is Golden Tee anyways?

greggy needs to know.

golden tee = golf arcade game - played with a trackball.

very addicting - there is a networked version of the game that people can play for money now (online tournaments) - and there were ( probably still are) - local tournaments held in bars

Gary - (post his comic shop days) - worked as marketing director for the company that designed the game.

I do not know him personally - but looking over some of the news releases, I would say that Moondog knows the game pretty well - and was more than a little responsible for the popularity of the game and the contests that resulted from it.

Thanks

Does Google not work in Canada? :doh:

Does google say why Gary is so good. I knew about the game, dorkface

Was the marketing manager for Golden Tee. As part of his position, was a veyr very very good tournament planer.

Waiting for one of you boys to have the last word in face... :popcorn:

Edited by Fan Boy

greggy needs to know.

very addicting - there is a networked version of the game that people can play for money now (online tournaments) - and there were ( probably still are) - local tournaments held in bars

Gary - (post his comic shop days) - worked as marketing director for the company that designed the game.

I do not know him personally - but looking over some of the news releases, I would say that Moondog knows the game pretty well - and was more than a little responsible for the popularity of the game and the contests that resulted from it.

Nicely done. You sound like you've rolled a few games over the years...

I learned the game from 3-time national champ Steven Sobe and 3-time world champ, Graig Kinzler. There were (and still are) some very, very good Canadian players.

Edited by Moondog

greggy needs to know.

Does Google not work in Canada? :doh:

Does google say why Gary is so good. I knew about the game, dorkface

Yeah that's what you meant

Hit up another couple of yard sales with my daughter this morning. Some highlights:

Getting closer to finishing my Thanos set:

YardSale-2016-05-07a_thumb.jpg

Random goodness:

YardSale-2016-05-07b_thumb.jpg

Tracy (1976) DC Treasury Edition

YardSale-2016-05-07c_thumb.jpg

Famous First Edition Whiz Comics (1974)

YardSale-2016-05-07d_thumb.jpg

Famous First Edition Flash Comics (1975)

YardSale-2016-05-07e_thumb.jpg

Steranko History of Comics SC (1970-1972 Supergraphics) No Logo on Cover

Front:

YardSale-2016-05-07f_thumb.jpg

Back:

YardSale-2016-05-07g_thumb.jpg

The weird thing for me about that Steranko History of Comics is that I recall buying mine brand new at a book store in the mall around 1977 or so (and volume 2 as well)-- but I have the one you have pictured here which is supposed to be from 1972. Maybe I bought some old book stock - not sure. I noticed it when I was loading my collection to the online site that there were two printings of the book and saw variations to the cover.

The weird thing for me about that Steranko History of Comics is that I recall buying mine brand new at a book store in the mall around 1977 or so (and volume 2 as well)-- but I have the one you have pictured here which is supposed to be from 1972. Maybe I bought some old book stock - not sure. I noticed it when I was loading my collection to the online site that there were two printings of the book and saw variations to the cover.

The copy I have is © 1970 and no mention of a printing, so I assume it's a first print.

MyComicShop.com shows that there are two volumes. For Volume 1 from 1970, there are three editions - Blue Title, No Title, and Green Title - all listed as 1st Print. For Volume 2 from 1972, there's a Pink/Red Logo, No Logo, and a version that's signed and numbered (I think this is the same cover as Pink/Red, just signed).

Either way, the cover artwork is great.

drove by a flea market on the way to mother's day dinner with my wife and evil M-I-L, but my wife would not let me get out of the car even though i have had some nice scores there before. i just know i could have paid for that overpriced meal if she had just let me out!

greggy needs to know.

Nicely done. You sound like you've rolled a few games over the years...

I learned the game from 3-time national champ Steven Sobe and 3-time world champ, Graig Kinzler. There were (and still are) some very, very good Canadian players.

I worked at Durty Nellies in Palatine for many years (the ORIGINAL) . After closing -we always had some free time to play while waiting on the manager to count the registers. Always a fun way to burn time - and lots of side betting. Though - most of the ones who were betting on it - probably should not have.....

Surprised we did not have a lot of broken/sprained fingers - most would set the backswing - then really SLAM the trackball (like WAY out of control) ---

:cloud9:

memories.....

Flea Markets usually suck on Mother's Day. Probably one of the worst days for a show as a seller. I have scored on that day as a buyer though. This time, I just passed and didn't give it much thought. Next weekend though...

this one looked happening. I was driving, but most people just check it out while walking, so it is not a "driving destination" place (I am in NYC). it is in a school yard in a very busy walking/commercial area with tons of families and restaurants people might be walking to.

last couple of times no decent comics, but i have gotten lucky there before that.

I remember the ones that were in every parking lot for about a 8 block radius of the under ground parking lot sale. I remember asking a cab driver to take me there at 5:30 in the morning. He thought I was crazy. Didn't get any comics but a lot of other stuff. The one that got away was two late 1940's Schwinn Black Phantom bicycles in great shape for $100. each. Just didn't time and a way to get them shipped to the west coast.