• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

at a local 'stereo and hobby' store I walked into & not expecting much... asked for comics, the guy said yes, and pointed to a couple small boxes.

In it, I find a Batman 386 and a Marvel Secret Wars 8 (both high grade) for $2 each

Found this at the goodwill. Cool & weird enough to grab. I think they're for Lego Mini-Fig display?

607E46FC-0893-49C8-B81C-F1C81167430A_zpsdecz5et4.jpg

For $2 total? Why not.

Yeah, at that price...it's a Lego of a deal!! :applause:

Another day another craigslist ad ..... been a good year...... someone collected their favorite stories in one book.......

af1_zpsmfx42yrr.jpg

af2_zpsizhjpzv9.jpg

4a6ce177-d3b1-4435-9524-30b4c7f38f84_zpsvaqio0oc.jpg

and freed from the bundle........cover and origin story only.......

76cc18bf-9618-4d92-9c68-15d14fd8dc7a_zpsm9mrxch4.jpg

I obviously need to start checking the local Craigslist more often.

at a local 'stereo and hobby' store I walked into & not expecting much... asked for comics, the guy said yes, and pointed to a couple small boxes.

In it, I find a Batman 386 and a Marvel Secret Wars 8 (both high grade) for $2 each

You should visit more often :)

Another day another craigslist ad ..... been a good year...... someone collected their favorite stories in one book.......

af1_zpsmfx42yrr.jpg

af2_zpsizhjpzv9.jpg

One does not simply check Craigslist.

You have to be obsessed with checking, checking every hour to be the first to reply and be able to drop what you're doing, driving an hour to look at mostly garbage. Hoping for the diamond in the rough. Knowing there are 100 other guys doing the same thing.

af1_zpsmfx42yrr.jpg

af2_zpsizhjpzv9.jpg

You have to be obsessed with checking, checking every hour to be the first to reply and be able to drop what you're doing, driving an hour to look at mostly garbage. Hoping for the diamond in the rough. Knowing there are 100 other guys doing the same thing.

Spoke for truth and as part of the fact. I know because I have had that happened to me a few times. One time in past, I saw one ad with a batch of old comics for sale. Called and said I can come by first thing in morning but advised me there were a few guys. So I drove to the address by about 30-40 mins early...

:frustrated: wrong! I missed out the sale because one guy was ahead of me in line ONE HOUR before me and scooped the whole lot. The seller told me this guy was real early at the door waiting by until seller woke up and had coffee the let him in to see the books. :censored:

Now I check CL daily 3-6 times to stay on updates.

af1_zpsmfx42yrr.jpg

af2_zpsizhjpzv9.jpg

In my area, the same two stores spam the death out of Craigslist. They take up around 80% of the ad space.

Even though some of the pictures are different, they are the same buyers.