• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,855 posts in this topic

CRAZY CLIMBER!! One of my favorites! Space Invaders & Asteroids were my first upright arcade addictions! I loved me some pinball,but these arcade games stole my heart. All-Time favorite is probably Donkey Kong. I've got one of those multicade machines in my shop set up with free play. Has about 60 games on it. These kids these days are bored by it though. It's usually people 40+ that get on it. I'd love to have an old school arcade business!

Nice

Joust was always my game

Something so nostalgic about Space Invaders though. Maybe its just being there at the dawn of Pong on my black & white to the little Mattel handheld football game to the spawning of these uprights pushing out pinball. My next fav would be Asteroids. METEOR!

FTFY!

There is a classic arcade place 45 minutes from me; I went twice and then they opened one much closer and near a decent LCS. I was going once a week for a while. the further one had Punch Out but the closer one did not. I would do some Asteroids, Pac-man, Space Invaders, Defender and maybe one or two others. And some pinball but I never found a great machine (I want Captain Fantastic Elton John pinball above all others, then Sinbad.) I would probably have kept going but the buttons on Defender wouldn't work very well and were repaired too infrequently for me. I would enjoy getting good at that game again but it is impossible if certain buttons don't fire immediately.

I could still do some Crazy Climber, Tutkamen, etc. though at the drop of a hat.

Okay, So if you weren't a teen in the 80s you would just not understand how :censored: rocked my world is today. I have landed the holy grail OF the 80s. Meet my original arcade upright dedicated Space Invaders machine. Picked it up just miles from my home. Its works great. Takes quarters or free play. Should blow some minds at my shop in the days and weeks to come. There is a vintage video game store just a few doors down from me and I get so many gamers through my door each day. Everyone should own one of these. :cloud9:

13094267_1066561056741643_6550225404158114440_n_zpszlfuohsz.jpg

Nice :applause: wasted many a quarter on Space Invaders and Galaga

Same with me, had wasted a lot of quarters into these games, and to Pac-Man's mouth! I used to go to a local sub shop (they made good sandwiches!). Pre-Subway era! That was where they had the video games in there. Lots of kids flock for the subs and games, the school was over the street.

This gentlemen attended over 25 SDCC's..... I will pick up more as he finds them. Madman, Bone's. SIP, Scud, Mangazine(Fred Perry) are signed. Miracleman coin is neat!

IMG_0729_zpsusjzqbmb.jpg

IMG_0730_zpsobtblptz.jpg

IMG_0731_zpsm6vtxgko.jpg

and the creme de la creme........

1ds_zps4jqsgyyi.jpg

Looking forward to see what else he digs up.

This gentlemen attended over 25 SDCC's..... I will pick up more as he finds them. Madman, Bone's. SIP, Scud, Mangazine(Fred Perry) are signed. Miracleman coin is neat!

IMG_0729_zpsusjzqbmb.jpg

IMG_0730_zpsobtblptz.jpg

IMG_0731_zpsm6vtxgko.jpg

and the creme de la creme........

1ds_zps4jqsgyyi.jpg

Looking forward to see what else he digs up.

That's, like, everything I love, all in one collection! Terrific haul!

Agreed wonderful stuff

:baiting:

He said he is sure he has the B & W Love and Rockets hanging around somewhere in his boxes and Thorn: Tales from the Lantern sounds familiar too....... :wishluck:

ah Time Pilot. Fun times. I spent my quarters on Galaga, Defender and Galaxian.

Remember when Dragon's Lair came out and it was 4 quarters to play? I never got that one. Was probably a cost issue or that it just plain sucked as a game. lol

Agreed wonderful stuff

:baiting:

He said he is sure he has the B & W Love and Rockets hanging around somewhere in his boxes and Thorn: Tales from the Lantern sounds familiar too....... :wishluck:

take my money now....

Remember when Dragon's Lair came out and it was 4 quarters to play? I never got that one. Was probably a cost issue or that it just plain sucked as a game. lol

Dragon's Lair was absolutely groundbreaking. First "twitch" game I can remember playing as a kid, where it really mattered how quickly you could respond to a situation that popped up. It was so different than every other game out there. Basically a Choose Your Own Adventure book in video game form.

No doubt it was. Graphics were light years beyond the pixel block stuff we were playing. But it was always lagging and it cost a buck to play. I'm sure it was my logical mind saying I could get 4 plays of Galaga in for one Dragon's Lair.

Dragon's Lair was absolutely groundbreaking. First "twitch" game I can remember playing as a kid, where it really mattered how quickly you could respond to a situation that popped up. It was so different than every other game out there. Basically a Choose Your Own Adventure book in video game form.

They eventually released a version (I had it on Playstation 3, but I'm sure it was probably in other formats as well) where you could just sit and WATCH the whole of Dragon's Lair without having to play it. Infinitely more satisfying! Loved the design of the game, hated playing it.

They eventually released a version (I had it on Playstation 3, but I'm sure it was probably in other formats as well) where you could just sit and WATCH the whole of Dragon's Lair without having to play it. Infinitely more satisfying! Loved the design of the game, hated playing it.

Yes, the graphics were always lagging just before key play points and that was the game's downfall. Was the other one Space Ranger or something?

What was the game where you flew through the air on some Everlasting Story type thing? It was a really novel game with great graphics. I would put it very late in the arcade game era.

I also LOVED the roll-the-ball football game. You would hit the screen pass and then roll that thing as hard as you could to make the guy run. Or track and field, slamming those buttons. I had a best friend who was a drummer, he didn't like most games but he rocked at track and field.

I never finished Dragon's Lair, but I could complete Space Ace on a single player. :acclaim:

There was another game like those that had ninjas & stuff. That game was dark & gritty. :cloud9:

I never finished Dragon's Lair, but I could complete Space Ace on a single player. :acclaim:

There was another game like those that had ninjas & stuff. That game was dark & gritty. :cloud9:

sound like my ex-wife

sound like my ex-wife

:eek:

Yes, the graphics were always lagging just before key play points and that was the game's downfall. Was the other one Space Ranger or something?

What was the game where you flew through the air on some Everlasting Story type thing? It was a really novel game with great graphics. I would put it very late in the arcade game era.

I also LOVED the roll-the-ball football game. You would hit the screen pass and then roll that thing as hard as you could to make the guy run. Or track and field, slamming those buttons. I had a best friend who was a drummer, he didn't like most games but he rocked at track and field.

Yea, I bought this on Sega Cd a few years back. Had fun for the first minute, after that, had trouble getting anywhere... I'm sure if I spent some time with it, I could have gotten someplace, but it wasn't my idea of a fun time, or an action game. More like a memory and timing cartoon.

No doubt it was. Graphics were light years beyond the pixel block stuff we were playing. But it was always lagging and it cost a buck to play. I'm sure it was my logical mind saying I could get 4 plays of Galaga in for one Dragon's Lair.

Wow- that's pretty much what I was thinking word for word. Even down to Galaga.