• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Awesome! Flagg!

Found a collection of Food Fighters. Ridiculously hilarious toys from the late 80s.

Should have been a great success story.

All of the figures, minus one, were MOC. All of the vehicles in the box.

Old hippie rolls up.

Pulls out a indoor trash bag with all of the items thrown in.

Pulls them out and half are now split from the card because of the amazing handling.

What an absolute waste. Just the simplest of care and they would have been fine. Made it 24 years only to be thwarted in a short car drive.

Oh yeah, enjoyed my 1st stand-up by a Craigslister today. I know, I'm happy that I've been this lucky so far. What a DB thing for people to do.

Patrick

When to a local comic con today....had a good time and found some great deals BUT the best part of the day as I was leaving I drove past a car with hatch back up and 4 long boxes sticking out with a $2 each sign on the boxes.

Of course curiosity got the best of me so I parked and took a look. They had been out there 3 hours or so and I was the first person to look at their comics.

Here is what I picked out for $60.....

imagejpg2_zps99ad62bd.jpg

imagejpg1_zps02fe19a5.jpg

You just never know when a good deal comes your way.....

Awesome! Flagg!

Found a collection of Food Fighters. Ridiculously hilarious toys from the late 80s.

Old hippie rolls up.

Pulls them out and half are now split from the card because of the amazing handling.

What an absolute waste. Just the simplest of care and they would have been fine. Made it 24 years only to be thwarted in a short car drive.

Oh yeah, enjoyed my 1st stand-up by a Craigslister today. I know, I'm happy that I've been this lucky so far. What a DB thing for people to do.

Patrick

These were very 'unique' toys. I saw them on an episode of Toy Hunter as I do not personally own them. I was surprised that they have some collector value as they seem pretty ridiculous to me.

I miss Air Raiders, Starcom, MASK, and Supernaturals. All of which I owned back in the day. I have several MASK toys AFA graded, as well some Starcom toys, but I can't find any graded Supernaturals or Air Raiders.

Obscure lines are always the hardest to find in near mint condition!

Stolen?

lol...cgc boards always thinking the best of people.

It was a lady and her 3 kids...said she called about getting a table at the show but they were all sold out (they were months ago) so seemed legit....most of the rest of the 4 boxes was bulk....nothing too exciting.

Good thing they didn't get a table cause they probably wouldn't have sold much more than I bought.....

Stolen?

It was a lady and her 3 kids...said she called about getting a table at the show but they were all sold out (they were months ago) so seemed legit....most of the rest of the 4 boxes was bulk....nothing too exciting.

Good thing they didn't get a table cause they probably wouldn't have sold much more than I bought.....

Sounds weird. If the woman knows enough to consider getting a dealer table, why is she selling you these comics so cheaply? That is what has people scratching their heads.

She could have done better walking into a comic shop to sell them, and that is a rare thing.

That's looks like $200+ (being extremely conservative) worth of books.

I'm not sure what's different about this post and the one where Red84 paid someone $2 for a VG House of Secrets 92.

:shrug:

Awesome! Flagg!

Old hippie rolls up.

Patrick

That is tragic.. those toys actually go for pretty good money on Ebay, especially the vehicles. I'm pretty nostalgic about these myself as I remember getting them from K-mart all the time when I was 10 or so. Unfortunately mine are long gone. :cry:

Stolen?

If you saw someone that was into comics enough to be selling them at a con, you would think they would have some idea of the value of what they are bringing, that's all. Maybe not so much with current hot books that just started selling for decent coin, but a handful of the issues pictured there have sold for decent money for a long long time.

Stolen?

If you saw someone that was into comics enough to be selling them at a con, you would think they would have some idea of the value of what they are bringing, that's all. Maybe not so much with current hot books that just started selling for decent coin, but a handful of the issues pictured there have sold for decent money for a long long time.

Statement doesn't hold true for me in my convention experiences.....

For example....The promoter of our local con brought out his own $1 boxes at the show last month because he did not sell out of tables. Two of us were going through them at the beginning of the show. The other guy pulled 3 Killing Jokes 1st print....I pulled out a Sup 75 platinum and Swamp Thing 37 (and many other nice comics) all for a buck each. The promoter is an ex-store owner. Think he didn't know the value? He just didn't care....

I run into this at nearly every show I go to....I have several Dealers I go to first because I know they will have great deals of a similar vein (and no I am not giving out their names....I still want to get there first....lol)

wow, $60, took advantage of a poor lady and her 3 starving children.

I'll bet they were living in that car.

lol....they had $2 each on the boxes. I didn't quote any price but I guess if paying what someone is asking is taking advantage of them then...guilty.

Actually should have been $64 because 1 had 32 books but she said $60 since I was the first person to look at the boxes.....I guess I really took advantage of her for not saying...no,no...I must pay the $64 :facepalm: