• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

The fact there were 7 of these should have set off the warning bells.

What can I say? I've been waiting for my ship to come in. :)

Peace,

Chip

If you found 7 1st prints, I would bow to the master. Hell, 1 would be really nice.

Patrick

Peace,

Chip

If I was unsure about the book I would have checked my phone to research, or asked to open one up to check the printing. It doesn't hurt to take a step back and think about it for a minute.

Peace,

Chip

Was this the indoor flea market in North Myrtle? And did you still buy them?

Went to an estate sale that I saw in a CL ad advertising comics, but was dissapointed by the small quantity and poor selection that I saw when I got there. Figured that they were probably picked over, since sale had started on Friday and I was there on Saturday. Decided to check out the rest of the sale since I was already there. Came across these in one of the upstairs bedrooms.

14562551843_5fecc83d8a_s.jpgEstate sale books by Willie Lumpkin, on Flickr

Also found these VHS tapes on another table downstairs with other videos, DVD's and CD's.

14519331436_2493ab80f5_s.jpgEstate sale videos by Willie Lumpkin, on Flickr

Turned out everything was half price, since it was the last day of the sale, so I ended up getting everything for a grand total of $7.50. Not sure if there is anything worth anything in here, but I was thrilled at the amount of reading and viewing material for the price, especially after my initial dissapointment with the comics!

Peace,

Chip

If I was unsure about the book I would have checked my phone to research, or asked to open one up to check the printing. It doesn't hurt to take a step back and think about it for a minute.

I know, but I barely had service in there. Plus, at $1 each I was going to buy them anyway. If they turned out to be 8th prints I still would put them in the eBay store for $3 each or whatever.

It was very low risk. The guy had 40 copies of Punisher Magazine #2. Now THAT'S a risk. lol.

Peace,

Chip

Chip,

Have you ever found any good "Scores" scouring flea markets and antique stores in this area? All I have ever found is a bunch of . I used to be pretty into Vintage Star Wars figures a couple years back and there is (or Was) this guy set up in the Myrtle Beach Indoor Flea market that had a couple Carded Return of the Jedi figures, but we wanted something crazy price for them and they were pretty beat up. I had to pass and last time I was there, which was about 2 years later, he still had them. That's as close to finding anything of worth.

Chip,

Have you ever found any good "Scores" scouring flea markets and antique stores in this area? All I have ever found is a bunch of . I used to be pretty into Vintage Star Wars figures a couple years back and there is (or Was) this guy set up in the Myrtle Beach Indoor Flea market that had a couple Carded Return of the Jedi figures, but we wanted something crazy price for them and they were pretty beat up. I had to pass and last time I was there, which was about 2 years later, he still had them. That's as close to finding anything of worth.

I have better luck scouring long boxes at my LCS than I ever do at flea markets or garage sales.

No, it was the Myrtle Beach Flea Market just past the 17 Business entrance to Market Common.

The North Myrtle indoor market has NOTHING of significance in it. Neither does the outdoor market in Little River. Might have to drive down to MB and check that place out. Pretty sure last time I was down there that place wasn't a flea market.

I dont really consider that place a traditional flea market, because these people rent and operate small individual booths and mostly sell a bunch of wholesale stuff like Rebel Flag shirts, belts, beach towels, As Seen on TV stuff, ect. When I think of Flea market I am thinking of people bringing their stuff from home, renting a table, and selling their used stuff. These people sell wholesale stuff everyday for a living.

No, it was the Myrtle Beach Flea Market just past the 17 Business entrance to Market Common.

The North Myrtle indoor market has NOTHING of significance in it. Neither does the outdoor market in Little River. Might have to drive down to MB and check that place out. Pretty sure last time I was down there that place wasn't a flea market.

I dont really consider that place a traditional flea market, because these people rent and operate small individual booths and mostly sell a bunch of wholesale stuff like Rebel Flag shirts, belts, beach towels, As Seen on TV stuff, ect. When I think of Flea market I am thinking of people bringing their stuff from home, renting a table, and selling their used stuff. These people sell wholesale stuff everyday for a living.

Wolf's Flea market in Palatine Il is this exact set-up. Aisles upon aisles of basically garbage, vendors offering haircuts, shelves of old CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes.....

Wolf's Flea market in Palatine Il is this exact set-up. Aisles upon aisles of basically garbage, vendors offering haircuts, shelves of old CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes.....

The haircuts stall @ Wolff's is my favorite. :thumbsup:

No photos, but I had a decent find last week.

In the middle of the single worst work week of my life (I'm almost 42, so I've been working for a while) where I billed 82 hours on my time sheet, I went for a walk on Thursday to clear my head.

I stopped at a used book shop that I had never been to before, and off in the corner they had about 10 long boxes of comics, all price $1 each. They were in somewhat decent order (grouped by title or character) so it was easy to skip over a lot of titles that I had no interest in personally or to resell.

What I did find, however, was a New Mutants #98 in VF-ish shape and an Alias #1 in VF/NM. For a buck each.

I live/work in Chicago, and I suspect that these comics have been sitting around for a while. But it's obvious that you can find these gems anywhere/any time.

It almost made my week bearable.

Actually, no... nothing could've made last week bearable.

the one in the old menards? - last time i was there they had 2 places to look - one guy near the concessions stand with some ok stuff - but he priced everything at "overstreet" with the whopping great deal of 30% off....... - course he was using the HIGHEST overstreet price even though the majority of his books were nowhere near mint.

Other guy was in the back right corner. Boxes and boxes of 1990+ books. Probably some worrthwhile stuff - but I did not have time to go through much. No idea what he was charging either.

Edited by W16227

Picked up a large collection today. About 850 comics, about 100 loose vintage Star Wars figures, about 50 loose vintage GI Joe figures (no straight arms, most NM but incomplete), some boxed Star Wars vehicles (boxes are a bit beat) a TON of Star Wars loose parts/pieces (mostly beat up, but 3 Falcons, 4 Snowspeeders, Jabba, a couple 12" dolls). Nearly all loose Star Wars vehicles are beat up, but a few things are cleanable like the Twin Pod Cloud Car and Jabba. Most of the figures are in very nice shape but about half are complete. Four SW carrying cases, two custom made wall cases, a boxed talking alarm clock, about 15 loose GI Joe vehicles, about 10 different vintage Dungeons & Dragons books/modules and about 25 autographed modern comic books. Most of the comics are Silver & Bronze, with large (75+ issue) runs of Star-Spangled War Stories, Iron Man, Star Wars and Wolverine (1988). Quite a bit more Silver Age then you'd see in a normal Craigslist collection with even some Golden Age (pretty much beat up). About 20 SA X-Men, 25 Avengers, 15 TTA/Hulk, 25+ TOS/Cap, 20+ Flash, etc. Mostly low to mid grade with more beaters than VF, but still worth selling.

It's nice to be on the way home from a score with my car bursting full of vintage collectibles. I enjoy this quite a bit.

Peace,

Chip