• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,855 posts in this topic

To get back on topic, I went to a garage sale this morning that had advertised comic books for sale. I ended up not buying any comics (just some Conans in the high 100s/low 200s) but I did pick up 17 different Marvel Legends action figures still new in the box complete with the accompanying comic. All for $3 each.

Which Marvel Legends did you find?

Peace,

Chip

Beast, Captain America, Daredevil, Dr. Doom, Elektra, Gambit

th_MarvelLegendsSeriesIV-Beast_zps2450e4ac.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesI-CaptainAmerica_zpse8bb21c6.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesIII-Daredevil_zpsd5ca404d.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesII-DoctorDoom_zps37575a53.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesIV-Elektra_zps01625a26.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesIV-Gambit_zps76f1465e.jpg

Ghost Rider, Hulk, Human Torch, Iron Man, Magneto, Punisher

th_MarvelLegendsSeriesIII-GhostRider_zps6192c7ef.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesI-Hulk_zpsb02ce52f.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesII-HumanTorch_zpsfe47f5a5.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesI-IronMan_zpsdcfb6a1d.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesIII-Magneto_zps148cdfea.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesIV-Punisher_zps92072d6e.jpg

Sub-Mariner, Thing, Thor, Toad, Wolverine

th_MarvelLegendsSeriesII-Sub-Mariner_zpsca5afda6.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesII-Thing_zps77dec483.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesIII-Thor_zpsde60f3f1.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesI-Toad_zps7a5baa90.jpgth_MarvelLegendsSeriesIII-Wolverine_zps8ff1dffc.jpg

Wow. THAT is an amazing find. Toad alone sells for up tp $60 or so.

Great score!

Peace,

Chip

And I had no clue what they were really worth. I looked at the comics first and saw 4 of the Marvel Legends figures laying on the driveway. As soon as I picked them up the wife said "we have a bunch more to get rid of and they brought out a toteful of them and the various Pez dispensers from the garage. I just knew I couldn't go wrong at $3 a pop. :)

I'm indexing a nice (mostly Fine) Silver age (63-65) OO collection I just picked up. I'll post about it more tomorrow night :)

is it time for an update?

Great lot. Broke up much of it already. The highlights of what remain are FF #35-61 including 2 sets of 48-50 and 2 copies of 52 and FF annual #3. Tales of Suspense 66-94 and Tales to Astonish 69-83. ASM 24-39 (including a really great looking 39) and an ASM 2. Avengers 17-38. Flash 136-166. Daredevil 7-31 Bunch of Thor's (126-139 including several duplicates including first destroyer) and JIM's (116-124) and X-Men 10-30.

On the DC side Action comics 298-338, Adventure 306-364. Batman 156-184. Tec 315-370. Green Lantern 28-42 (Very happy with the 40 also on this one) JLA 19-69, Superboy 103-132, Superman 160-188, The Flash 136-183, World's Finest 134-157.

Then there are some run filler type books (Unknown Worlds, Thunder Agents, The Atom, Teen Titans, Superman's Girlfriend and Superman's Pal, Metamorpho, Metal Men, Forbidden World, Doom Patrol, etc)

I'm indexing a nice (mostly Fine) Silver age (63-65) OO collection I just picked up. I'll post about it more tomorrow night :)

is it time for an update?

Great lot. Broke up much of it already. The highlights of what remain are FF #35-61 including 2 sets of 48-50 and 2 copies of 52 and FF annual #3. Tales of Suspense 66-94 and Tales to Astonish 69-83. ASM 24-39 (including a really great looking 39) and an ASM 2. Avengers 17-38. Flash 136-166. Daredevil 7-31 Bunch of Thor's (126-139 including several duplicates including first destroyer) and JIM's (116-124) and X-Men 10-30.

On the DC side Action comics 298-338, Adventure 306-364. Batman 156-184. Tec 315-370. Green Lantern 28-42 (Very happy with the 40 also on this one) JLA 19-69, Superboy 103-132, Superman 160-188, The Flash 136-183, World's Finest 134-157.

Then there are some run filler type books (Unknown Worlds, Thunder Agents, The Atom, Teen Titans, Superman's Girlfriend and Superman's Pal, Metamorpho, Metal Men, Forbidden World, Doom Patrol, etc)

:whee:

I pulled a large stack of Usagi Yojimbos. Note: No Albedo 2.

Not really worth the paper they are printed on. Shows you win some and you lose some.

Should be some good reading.

A good amount of Critters. First TPB, some Color editions, entire 1st run, early Doomsday with Yojimbo, etc.

Patrick

Another fine addition to my small poster collection. Picked it up from Tony Isabella himself, $10! Not sure of the artist...anyone?

It's likely Jose Luis Garcia Lopez. He did so much of the DC non-comic art from the 70s through the 90s.

Another fine addition to my small poster collection. Picked it up from Tony Isabella himself, $10! Not sure of the artist...anyone?

It's likely Jose Luis Garcia Lopez. He did so much of the DC non-comic art from the 70s through the 90s.

That'd be my guess as well, the man was very prolific, although I've seen much better out of him.

I read about his garage sales on his blog! Have you gone before?

I have, yes, as he lives right around the corner from me. I was even his hired hand at the one he just had last weekend.

He had a "driveway" con, which unfortunately I could not attend. In attendance: him, Mike Barr, and Tom Batuik (Funky Winkerbean). Would have been fun...

As far as the merchandise? Great stuff! .25 comic books (you may find some Walking Dead in there), $2.00 brand new GN's, and $5.00 (sometimes unopened) HC's! It's fun, he tells a lot of cool stories from back in the day, and I can think of worse ways to spend a Saturday morning!