• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

:o nice! I wish people negotiated with me by asking for less than what I offer! I wonder what the logic behind that is?

Good Karma, I do it all the time when it's not comic related. Lawn boys want $25, I'll give them $30, stuff like that...

:o nice! I wish people negotiated with me by asking for less than what I offer! I wonder what the logic behind that is?

Some people just want the items to go to a good home, or really like you. If you're genuine and a nice person you might be able to get a better price than being a total person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. At an estate auction a month ago I cherry-picked a bunch of 48 key copper books for a buck a piece (ASM 298,299, Vengeance of Bane, Doomsday books, etc., etc.) and the gal gave it to me for $40. I hadn't even asked about a discount, I was just chatting with her because she was cute, haha.

Went to see a 6000 book craigslist collection today. Most 90's to present long runs. Nothing I really needed but I did find a few things to buy.

8dcf022a-7a7b-4bb8-ba3b-faac1b946cce_zps891d9c6a.jpg

Some VERY nice books in there! :applause:

Thanks guys! :)

ThreeSeas, which issue were you talking about? I've got a few of the dino ones...very awesome covers. I love dinosaurs so it's tough to not keep them.

Peace,

Chip

I thought it was Star Spangled War Stories, but now I am not so certain if that is the right title. I checked my old circa-1992 database and only had issues 173 and 183 listed for Star Spangled War Stories.

But I do remember the dinosaur issue with a soldier or soldiers on the cover because it was either in my fourth or fifth grade class that a girl I liked came over and drew an X in ink on the cover because she thought dinosaurs were stupid. This would have been in 1972 or 1973 and I remember buying it new off the stands. It has been over 20 years since I last looked at this issue so when I get time I will have to see if I can dig it out. But darn I thought it was a Star Spangled War Stories issue.

I found this book in a thrift shop for a measly $4. It's a big and heavy book, chock full of Carl Barks stories and illustrations. I know Barks' stuff is not as popular now, but I still enjoy his works immensely. :cloud9:

ushislifeamptimes_zps43a92015.jpg

Nice find. That's how I got my copy. At the local Goodwill

I found this book in a thrift shop for a measly $4. It's a big and heavy book, chock full of Carl Barks stories and illustrations. I know Barks' stuff is not as popular now, but I still enjoy his works immensely. :cloud9:

ushislifeamptimes_zps43a92015.jpg

If it's fallen out of favor and you enjoy it, all to the better.

Nice find!

I picked these up, but I'm kinda pissed because I can't find Tom Corbett: Space Cadet #8

With that book and these three, I paid $27.85 but I believe the Corbett was what made it all worth it.... dangit. I suppose it'll turn up someday. I'm just happy to find some older comics at the local auction.

20140719_043449_zps9111be9e.jpg